Jake and the Never Land Pirates

Weekdays 8:30 AM on Disney Channel Premiered Feb 14, 2011 Between Seasons

markdoublea84

Jake and the Never Land Pirates Fan Reviews (13)

4.8
  • It's like Dora the Explorer, only 10 times worse!!!

Poor Walt Disney, every day, either Disney Channel or Disney Junior seems to succeed in trying to find a way to ruin his legacy. Not only do we have Disney Channel showing teenybopper trash like Shake It Up, A.N.T. Farm, and Let It Shine, but we also have Disney Junior babifying Walt's animated characters such as Mickey Mouse and Captain Hook. Right now, I'm going to talk about the latter. Jake and the Neverland Pirates is a true slap in the face to anyone who grew up on Walt Disney's original classic, Peter Pan. Why is that you ask, well it's simple. In the original movie, Captain Hook is a very sinister villain, while in Jake and the Neverland Pirates, he acts like an idiot. And, in the great tradition of "great" preschool programming such as Dora the Explorer and Blues Clues, the characters break the fourth wall. Speaking of Dora, Jake is much like a male version of Dora, only more annoying. If you have a preschooler and want to introduce him to Captain Hook, rent Peter Pan on DVD or Netflix, or if you want your preschoolers to watch something innocent, introduce them to Mister Rogers' Neighborhood. Do NOT introduce them to this waste of time, this is the kind of show what would make visionaries like Walt Disney and children's entertainers like Fred Rogers and Jim Henson roll in their graves.