Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks

PBS (ended 2007)

I_LOVE_NCIS

Jakers! The Adventures of Piggley Winks Fan Reviews (18)

• Jakers! This is a kids' show? Could've fooled me (and I mean that in a good way)!

I was channel surfing one night and came across this wonderful program. Jakers is an educational show, but teaches children lessons without being maudlin, heavy-handed, dull, or over-moralizing. It doesn't dumb things down for young viewers either. The episodes have terrific plotting and pacing. Another thing that I really love about this show are the characters, who all have distinct personalities that continue to develop with each episode, especially Ferny the bull. Both of these things (good characterization and writing) are hard to find on TV nowadays. Heck, Jakers has better writing then roughly 80% of the sitcoms put out on TV. I know one person complained about not being able to understand the characters. Uh... I'm not sure if s/he/it was referring to the slang the chars use or their accents, but if it's the latter, then... wow. *eyeroll* I'll be polite and refrain from commenting. >< no one else I know of who has seen Jakers has ever complained about the chars speak. Anyways, kudos to the creators of Jakers!
QUBO