Jeeves and Wooster Forums

ITV (ended 1993)

Hello

lilacmonkey12

[1]Apr 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    Why isn't there any threads on here?? Isn't Jeeves and wooster such a great show, shame they didn't make more. Has anyone here read the books, i have read a few they're good.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Elwingda

[2]Aug 19, 2008
    I enjoy Jeeves and Wooster too. I've never read any of the books but I've been thinking about trying it out.

sunsethill

[3]May 30, 2010

I mis-posted this comment on A Bit of Fry and Laurie(a great show in its own right): While stationed in the UK in the late '80's, I recorded every episode of this series. Unfortunately, my dual system VCR died and every PAL show I recorded is not viewable with stateside NTSC. Maybe, one day I will have them converted: however, for now, I have to settle for my two beagles named Jeeves and Wooster! Every time I watch House, I wish Hugh Laurie would burst into the Bertie Wooster character for just a few lines and a good laugh. I also wish the writers would do an episode with Stephen Fry as the patient du jour.

wildcolonialgal

[4]Aug 4, 2011
    • level: 2

Jeeves & Wooster has been shown at lunch time for ages and I've loved sitting down to watch it in peace! The script/dialogue is brilliant and Hugh Lawrie and Stephen Fry are naturals for the parts. I keep meaning to pick up the books as I'm sure the screen writers have not diverged too far from the original brilliance of Wodehouse.

fanboy34

[5]Apr 6, 2013
    • level: 11

Great show I agree and am also surprised that there is so little content here. The episode guide seems to have duplicate entries as well as alternate titles. Very confusing and a shame for such a classic British comedy.