Jem Forums

ABC (ended 1988)

Jem live movie

would you see it

loganrogue24

[1]Mar 17, 2009
    • level: 6
    would you watch a live Jem movie.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

charley28

[2]Mar 21, 2009
    • level: 66
    Yes it would be Truly Outrageous for them to make a movie about Jem. At one point, there were rumours of a movie being made but it fell through. Now if they were to make a movie, Who would you like to see playing the roles.

Myself, I would love it if Kelly Clarkson would play Jem/Jerrica. I mean, she's a fabulous singer and she can act.
    loganrogue24 wrote:
    would you watch a live Jem movie.

loganrogue24

[3]Mar 21, 2009
    i agree with you, maybe Samantha Newark and Britta Phillips coulod have cameos.

charley28

[4]Mar 28, 2009
    Oh yeah that would be awesome. They could both be like CEO's of Music Companies trying to get Jem and the Holograms to sign with their companies. right there it is... starting of a screen play...

loganrogue24 wrote:
    i agree with you, maybe Samantha Newark and Britta Phillips coulod have cameos.

nyfan

[5]Jun 2, 2009
    • level: 20
    Sounds cool. Call me greedy, but I have a trilogy in visioned. The first movie would just have the original characters. The second movie would introduce Raya and Jetta, the third movie would introduce the Stingers and wrap the whole story.

charley28

[6]Jun 3, 2009
    oh yeah that would be kewl to do it that way.

In the first one, they would be introduced as such with the the first 5 episodes and then possibly go into the movie Starlight. There would also have to be pieces from the other episodes to be brought in like parts of the Music Awards where Danse is introduced and J & H have to make the decision of what is more important... the awards or the finding their runaways. Have to add the Jem Jam in because that is where Ba Nee first thinks that Randy is her father.. and then end it with maybe Glitter N Gold.

2nd movie, start with the Talent Search/Scandal... bring in the element of a Father's Day into as well as Rozxy Rumbles and Alone Again.. gotta have something in there about illiteracy and drugs... then possibly go into the Out of the Past to talk about the Benton Family and then end with Hollywood Jem

3rd movie would start with the Stingers hitting town segway into The Day the Music Died; where the band breaks up because of Riot wisking Jem off, A Change of Heart; where Minx has a life altering event, Riot's Hope and end with A Father Should Be...

nyfan

[7]Jun 3, 2009

charley28 wrote:
    oh yeah that would be kewl to do it that way.
    In the first one, they would be introduced as such with the the first 5 episodes and then possibly go into the movie Starlight. There would also have to be pieces from the other episodes to be brought in like parts of the Music Awards where Danse is introduced and J & H have to make the decision of what is more important... the awards or the finding their runaways. Have to add the Jem Jam in because that is where Ba Nee first thinks that Randy is her father.. and then end it with maybe Glitter N Gold.
    2nd movie, start with the Talent Search/Scandal... bring in the element of a Father's Day into as well as Rozxy Rumbles and Alone Again.. gotta have something in there about illiteracy and drugs... then possibly go into the Out of the Past to talk about the Benton Family and then end with Hollywood Jem
    3rd movie would start with the Stingers hitting town segway into The Day the Music Died; where the band breaks up because of Riot wisking Jem off, A Change of Heart; where Minx has a life altering event, Riot's Hope and end with A Father Should Be...

Though I would add in, one piece of unfinished business which is Rio finding out who Jem really is. Let's find out what would really happen there. Plus an epiloque on what happened to everyone years later.

BTW, they should explain the Misfits where abouts in Hollywood Jem. I always thought knowing it was Oscar time and how much more successful Jem's movie was compared to their movie, that the Misfits went on a world tour, to be out of town when the accedemy awards took place and let loose some steam on tour. Which would explain the broken instruments and damaged hotel rooms mentioned in Stinger's Hit Town. That is what I thought happened in the cartoon, for the movie I would add in, either because they saved Stormer's life in Britrock and / or finding out what Eric did to Jacqui Benton's master tape (at times, some of Eric's schemes even the Misfits don't approve, examples they were actully happy at Eric's failures to steal money from charity in World Hunger Shindig and wreck Jem's charity concert in Music Awards) that Pizazz decided to just leave town and let Jem have her moment of glory.

Edited on 06/03/2009 12:26pm
    Edited 2 total times.

RugratsFan1990

[8]Jun 3, 2010
    • level: 3

I think a movie based off Jem would work if it was done rights. The people who made the live action Ninja Turtles movies did a great job at that, so I would love to see them do the same with Jem. Sadly, knowing movie companies these days, they would probably ruin it. Especially if it's in the hands of Michael Bay.

waterlady03

[9]Jul 31, 2010

Yes if it's done right, has relatively unkown actors who can breath life into therole emotionally,and the director isn't some big hot shot.

nyfan

[10]Aug 1, 2010

RugratsFan1990 wrote:

Sadly, knowing movie companies these days, they would probably ruin it. Especially if it's in the hands of Michael Bay.

Another person that should be talked about in that same light M. Night Shyamalan. Talk about awful movie, The Last Airbender takes the cake.

sickperson4683

[11]Aug 6, 2010
    • level: 1

I would in the hope that the writing would be based on the styleandstory of the original showand not just the nameI was soimpressed with Jem as a story line some of the subject matters it truly was a in your face ahaed of itstime show.I think to myselftoday I wishI had recorded those shows my childrenmight have enjoyed and derived thepleasure I had.........So yes I would go and see A live version of "JEM"andthat is if I hear of said movie.

RentonElric

[12]Sep 24, 2011
    • level: 32

Yes, they should do a live action Jem movie. Seeing how Hasbro did live action movies of Transformers and G.I. JOE, they should do a live action movie of Jem and the Holograms. So if all of you are Jem fans, mail to Hasbro to tell them to make a Jem live action movie.

mlauzon

[13]Oct 12, 2011
    • level: 8
    charley28 wrote:

Myself, I would love it if Kelly Clarkson would play Jem/Jerrica. I mean, she's a fabulous singer and she can act.

Guess you forgot that awful movie....

RentonElric

[14]Oct 16, 2011
    • level: 32

You are so right. They should make a live action movie of Jem and the Holograms, seeing how Hasbro did make a live action movie trilogy of Transformers and a live action movie of G.I. JOE which they making another one coming out in 2012. So they should make a live action movie of Jem and the Holograms. It would be more great to High School Musical and Glee The Movie.

JenBrownson

[15]Mar 1, 2012
    • level: 2

Heck ya i would so love that i loved the series growing up

Antique22

[16]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 11

I think a Jem live-action movie would be cool and it would bring Hasbro an excuse to reintroduce the Jem line to a new generation of fans and the Jem movie would do well in theaters in my opinion. As for the actors /actresses appearing in the Jem movie I would choose Chynna Phillips to play the role of Jem because Chynna Phillips has a wonderful voice and she would be perfect in the role of Jem and for Rio I would choose John Stamos to fit the role of Rio because he would be so awesome and tough because that's Rio's personality in the show. And to play Eric Raymond I would choose Bob Saget because not only would he do the part of Eric Raymond well he looks like him too. And Kimber Benton would be played by country singer Carrie Underwood with her hair dyed red and Carrie Underwood would be neat in the role as Kimber. And finally for the role of Howard Sands I would choose Major Dad star Gerald McRaney to play Howard Sands because he would be great and he really also looks like Howard Sands too. And if the Jem movie did great in theaters I think fans would see a trilogy series of Jem movies because the first Jem movie would be based on the first episode of the Jem show but The Misfits would be featured in the other movies of the Jem Trilogy. But if Hasbro can make a Jem live action movie like they did with GI Joe and Transformers that would make Hasbro a very successful toy company indeed,

Don't you agree?,

Tiki