Jem Forums

ABC (ended 1988)

Jem on Hub

Ravethemonk

[1]May 2, 2011
    • level: 4

Jem will be airing reruns on the hub this summer and not to mention shout factoryannouncedthey will releaseDVDsand hopefully a complete series set!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RICEA42991

[2]May 28, 2011
    • level: 6

SmileOMG I'm watching the marthon right now, and I feel just like the old days. It's soo uncanny, and it's a great thing that kids of this generation can watch actual good shows. Even if probably some won't give it a chance. Kids these daysYell

Of course it'll never be like it used to be when Jem aired on MTV(which is where they should have been reairing it) but in any case The Hub is a new great channel of mine if they keep this up. If they don't which I wouldn't be suprised if this doesn't last long. At least I still give them props for reairing it.

It seems like alot of the Cartoon Network is following suit, reairing it's older shows (even if it's only for a while)Disney and Nick seemed like it wanted to start but quickly left it after a couple of months.

Anyways one thing I noticed that they did with the Jem episodes reaired. They're using the other unused theme song. "Jem is my name" instead of "Jem Girl" which I find it's great because I find the "My name" song much more appealing to both genders and multiple ages. Even though I still love the other song for nostalgic reasons. Other then that they've kept everything the same, even the commercial break cutscenes.

Edited on 05/28/2011 12:04pm
    Edited 4 total times.

Antique22

[3]Oct 17, 2011
    • level: 11
    RICEA42991 wrote:

SmileOMG I'm watching the marthon right now, and I feel just like the old days. It's soo uncanny, and it's a great thing that kids of this generation can watch actual good shows. Even if probably some won't give it a chance. Kids these daysYell

Of course it'll never be like it used to be when Jem aired on MTV(which is where they should have been reairing it) but in any case The Hub is a new great channel of mine if they keep this up. If they don't which I wouldn't be suprised if this doesn't last long. At least I still give them props for reairing it.

It seems like alot of the Cartoon Network is following suit, reairing it's older shows (even if it's only for a while)Disney and Nick seemed like it wanted to start but quickly left it after a couple of months.

Anyways one thing I noticed that they did with the Jem episodes reaired. They're using the other unused theme song. "Jem is my name" instead of "Jem Girl" which I find it's great because I find the "My name" song much more appealing to both genders and multiple ages. Even though I still love the other song for nostalgic reasons. Other then that they've kept everything the same, even the commercial break cutscenes.

Are those cutscenes the ones that had Jem's voice saying "Jem will return after these messages" Because when I saw Jem on Hub Network I didn't know they had those cutscenes?,
    Tiki