Jeopardy!

Weekdays 7:30 PM on Sony Pictures Television Premiered Mar 30, 1964 In Season

Jeopardy! Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• This is a gameshow so it doesn't have any summaries.

3.9
    Three words, this... show...sucks! Honestly this show should be for adults because of there high attention spand. The show is so quite which makes it feel boring and pathetic. Mabey if they put background music to cover the quiteness it won't be so bad. But, still this definiatly an adult show.
  • A very good game show.

It's one of the best game shows ever and It's really better than that very dreadful Nickelodeon GUTS.But it's not better that Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.It askes some questions that are kind of easy and I love the Movie Questions.The Movie Quetions are like so easy,but some of them are pretty hard to figure out.Some of the questions are like so hard and some of them are so easy.This is really one of the best game shows ever made and it's better than some of the worst game shows ever made and some of the good ones excpet for Who Wants To Be A Millonaire.
  • Easily the best game show on TV.

What can I say about this show that hasn't already been said? Jeopardy! loved throughout the country and loved by people of all ages above 6th grade. This game show I try never to miss. Keeping score against the competitors on the show as well as getting together with family and friends to compete as the show is airing are great times. In my personal opinion, Alex Trebek looks as if he hasn't aged in the past 15 years or so - but, more importantly, Jeopardy! would not be Jeopardy! without him as the host. You would also think the questions to the show would have become redundant over all of these years - but this show is as fresh as ever.
  • I love it!

I love everything about Jeopardy. Alex Trebek is so cheesy and serious that he is downright hilarious. Sometimes he is really kind of mean! Obviously, my favorite weeks are celebrity weeks - those people are dumb - and college weeks. I just love it! Even when the show makes me feel like an idiot because I don't know even a handful of answers, it is still fun to watch. My husband and I kind of compete against each other. It gets a little tense! I hope that this show stays on the air for quite a while. It is a good family show.
  • Let's see how much knowledge you possess!

What can I say? It's just a fabulous show that's fun to watch.

I was not always a big fan of the show, but just recently, I chose to start watching it regularly and I'm glad I made that choice. In a way, Jeopardy! is a show that can make a person feel not-so-bright and yet a genius at the same time - feeling like a Harvard graduate after correctly responding or being embarrassed that you went to a public school for not knowing one of the clues. That is what makes the show so fun - seeing how much you do know.

But with that said, it doesn't prove if you're "smart" or not. It's a show about how much information in various categories you are familiar with. A great deal of the clues are practically "useless" knowledge. But, that's okay. The people on the show are no better than you or me; they just may have a higher interest in knowing all sorts of data.

Still, the show is a lot of fun. The host, Alex Trebek, is a wonderful icon for Jeopardy!. His demeanor fits perfectly for the whole image that surrounds the Jeopardy! name-brand. For some, me being one, Jeopardy! inspires people to learn new things. That's why I enjoy the show so much.

If you haven't seen a game, I encourage you to watch at least one show. You might even find yourself becoming enthralled!
  • This show is very informative and captivating at the same time.

OMG!!! I would soooo do Alex Trebeck! He is so hot with his knowlege. I bet that he should know a few things about me, if you know what I mean ;). Man he is almost as hot as the purple teletubbie. I would soooooo have a threesome with them. If only Alex was single. I would so steal him from his wife. After all I am one sexy dude. He would push me onto te bed, rip off my blouse and skirt, and do me up god knows where. Ooooohhhhhh yeeeeeah... Any way this is a really good show. Bye now ;).
  • Jeopardy! is a game-show that is currently being hosted by Alex Trebek.

Jeopardy! premiered on March 1, 1964. Alex Trebek started hosting the game-show in 1984. In my opinion, this is one of the best game-shows in the business. It's a show that I give a perfect 10. The questions are difficult, but they are still very educational. The popular game-show has had kids and adults play. Since 1984, Johnny Gilbert has been the announcer. Former announcers have been John Harlan and Don Pardo. Before Alex Trebek hosted Jeopardy!, Art Fleming hosted it from 1964 until in 1975 when he wanted to do a radio talk-show. Jeopardy! is a show for kids and adults to watch. I hope Jeopardy! can stay on the network for many more episodes.
  • Educational and Fun.

Jeopardy is a game show for all ages. You'll learn so many things you never known before. Or if you think you got the bronze then play along to at home and answer as much questions as you can. Alex does a great job as host I dont see anyone who could take his spot. The game itself is well skilled range. Particularly I like questions about history. Oh and not to mention the show has pop culture references that will make you laugh. You can win lots of money on here like that other guy who had like 2million or something.

Good show highly recommended to watch.
  • The most famous game show ever.

We played games like this at school, to help us do well on tests mostly. But the hard thing about it is the categories and the answers to every one, and the most frustrating thing I dislike about it is you lose money every time you give an incorrect response. And what's even worse is that you won't get to play Final Jeopardy if you end with a negative score. The best champion I can ever imagine is Ken Jennings, with over $3 million and 75 days as a contestant. It's a good thing they eliminated the winnings limit, or else it would've never happened.
  • a game show where people compete answering questions from various categories.

a great game show and one of my personal favorites. it is fun to play along at home and try to answer the questions before the people on the show. great if you want to learn a ton of random and very interesting facts. it is fun to watch and see how much you know, and it is even funner when you have a couple of people to watch and guess along with. the categories vary from anything about music to politics and history to books and science. there is a subject for everyone, and the show makes learning a lot funner.
  • Nice show!

This was one of those shows that I watched during my childhood, got lost somehow, then I just started to get to watch again. It is still exciting and informative, and I try to watch out for the show whenever it airs. It does get frustrating sometimes when you can't answer much of the questions, but it is still entertaining (at least for me). What I like the most is when the game comes down to the final jeopardy, and its very critical what amount you bid. Some games are won and lost in this way.

Overall, still a good show, and I hope it continues for a long time. :D
  • This show is very interesting. Taught me things i never knew.

This show is absolutly one of my faves. As a host, Alex Trebeck does a very great show. Not only giving out questions but adding a little humor in the mix. And they choose the right topic to question on. And teen week rocks. This show is gonna last in so many memories.
  • Enjoyable, entertaining, and educational!

I have been watching Jeopardy for the last few years, and I really enjoy watching it. Occasionally, I get some of the answers to the challenging questions that appear. Sometimes I learn a little from watching the episodes every weekday. The rest of my family watches the show, and they also learn a few things, whether it be about history, mathematics, science, or civics. The show is also entertaining, with host Alex Trebek and creator Merv Griffin, who also created the famous Wheel of Fortune. I would recommend this show to anyone who would like to learn new things every day.
  • I love this show I like what they've done with the place the new podiums but the host is okay. I like the fact they win near 20.000 per character.

So I like this show better than Wheel of fortune even tho I'm to good when it comes to that show I guess every puzzle. On a scale of 1 to 7000 I rate this show 6863. Ken Jennings the best Jeopardy champion of all time he won over two million dollars he stared of the first episode of 1 vs. 100.
  • I (Won Then) Lost On \"Jeopardy!\"

I was a fan of the first incarnation of this show with Art Fleming. When it came back with Alex Trebek, I kind of thought it ws a little too high-tech. But I guess it was a sign of the changing times and \"Jeopardy!\" had to change too. I like the challenge of having to phrase your response in the form of a question. But my real joy for this show came when I finally got the chance to be on it! In \'02, I finally passed the contestant test (no easy task, it took me three tries to do it) and got my opportunity to be on the game. Became a two-day champion in the process. That is why I have such a respect for Ken Jennings\' 74-day run after they got rid of the five-day limit. If you watch the show, continue to do so. If you ever get the chance to go on it, GRAB IT! It will be the most fun you\'ve had in your life!
  • I love Jeopardy!

I've watched this show since I was in middle school and I've always been good at answering the questions, even the ones that the contestants don't know. I remember blowing my family away by answering questions that on one should know especially a kid. But when you look at this show in relation to other game shows you have to rank it in the top 5. This isn't a reality tv, game show where sex and controversy outweigh skill, this a real game show that depends on intelligence. I hope this show continues for many more years long after, all the rest of these show are cancelled.
  • A pretty good game show that asks the most obscure questions.

Jeopardy! is a game show where three contestants answer difficult questions by picking the dollar amount off the board. At the end, the final question is asked and the combatants have to come up with an answer and a wager within 30 seconds. Even though this show asks the most obscure questions most of the time, it still manages to be informative and educational. The part where the host talks to the contestants personally is the least interesting part and the show could do without it. It is a very competetive show that requires one to use their knowledge, which makes this much better than "Wheel of Fortune."
  • This show is a game show that has been on tv for a pretty long time. It comes on at different times because if you live somewhere else then it will be another network and at another time. You can check on Jeopardy.com to see when it comes on daily.

I like this show a lot but I feel as if the questions are really hard. A lot of the questions are from the 80's where most people do not even remember if they are like 25 years old. I also feel as if they should stop doing those Tournament of Champions because I like to watch different people everytime. I also like when they do the Kids Versions because I know i could beat them if I was on that show with them. I hope you guys watch this show but it is not worth missing a show for.
  • Although it makes me feel dumb sometimes, it draws me into it.

Everyone knows the Jeopardy! song. Jeopardy is a game show that will never end. The only time it will end is for two constents. It makes me feel dumb sometimes while I watch It. Well so does W.W.T.B.A.M. The only thing I would do to draw a higher viewer attendence I would change the color, and ask a little easy questions.
  • Okay show. Good game. On how long?

It's a fun game show to watch and intrest me so much! It's a good old fun game. My teacher made us play it and anyone else can play it even at home. That the cool thing too. So it kinda cool. It kinda good and average so i give it an 8.5 because it should be perfect if they ajusted a copule a more things like the people playing and maybe the host.
  • A: One of the best game shows of all time. Q: What is Jeopardy?

Jeopardy is one of the best shows ever! Why can't people just learn to love the way of the game show? From the start of the show "This Is JEOPARDY!" to the end "Promotional consideration provided by..." and everything in between, Jeopardy is just awesome, but you don't have to take my word for it... (Reading Rainbow music sting, that dah-dah-dah)
  • Over all, a worth while watch in my opinion but can anyone tell me why they have so many tournaments? I am a little tried of seeing the teens compete since I can guess alot of the answers. I like to hear the more complicated questions. I want a challenge.

I have watched the show a few times but I have found alot of fun out of the few times I watch it on CTV. I have a beef about the usual teen tournaments. I am sick of seeing them, almost every two months. Can anyone agree, that this show is fun to watch if there is a challenge. But I like it when it is challenging. I was able to watch Ken Jennings compete in his last 17 days as the sole champion. 74 days!!!
  • Finally a place to put all that useless trivia to good use...

Jeopardy! is a wonderful game show that make you actually have to think. Unlike many other game shows on the air, this show can actually teach you things that you may need to know someday. It is also one of the few shows that you can play along with other people to see which of you is the smartest.

Jeopardy! requires you to use those items you’ve learned in school that you have locked up and never thought you would have to think about again. For almost everyone who watches the show there are categories that they loathe and ones they rejoice upon seeing. I know that I for one, am that way. A show whose categories can range for “18th Century Authors” to “Academy Award Winners” is definitely a show that I have to watch.

Alex Trebek is perfect as the host of Jeopardy! My favorite times are always the ones in which Trebek accidentally reveals the answer, although that does not happen that much anymore. I mean this show was so popular, it got it’s on “Saturday Night Live” skit in which Will Farrell played an amazing Alex Trebek.

The show also has tons of tournaments, including ones for teens, college, and my favorite when all the 5 time winners return and compete in the big tournament to see who is the best champion of the year. Although, watching that episode makes me realize that I am not as smart as I am while watching the Teen and College tournaments.

My only quibble with the show is that they now let people be champion for how ever long they win. Thus the reason we all were forced to see Ken Jennings for an eternity. I think it was great that they let it go past 5 games won and then you are out, but 100 or more is just absurd. I mean the producers had to love it because it gave them great rating of “Is this gonna be Ken’s last night?”, but after a while I got sick of seeing him.

However, Jeopardy! will always be one of my favorite shows on the air, no matter the genre. It’s finally a place where I can put all those useless facts to use, if I ever got on there that is.
  • Stands the test of time and worthy of being called the Best Trivia Show of all time.

Jeopardy definately is a classic game show. This being an era when game shows have been all but removed from primetime, save a few other examples, in favor of other genres, in particular Reality TV, Jeopardy has stood strong. The ratings have waivered from time to time (though enjoyed a nice boost for a time thanks to Ken Jennings), but I think most people still enjoy the challenge or sitting down and playing along at home to see how many questions you can correctly answer, or (my personal favorite) see if you can find a correct response that eludes all three of the contestants.

Some people have not like some of the changes in the shows format (the increase in question point values and removal of a five-day maximum visit) but I think they have added something to the show. I remember classic game shoes like Tic-Tac-Dough were contestants could come back an indefinate number of times, and I feel that removing the five day limit is sort of a throwback to the classic hayday of game shows.

Jeopardy still brings a lot of variety and intrigue to the table. The question format covers everything from physics and ancient philosophy, to modern pop culture. No matter what your strong suit is, there will always be a catagory on the board that you will have some familiarity with.

Some people like to stay sharp by reading a book, or playing chess, but I prefer to test my mind by watching Jeopardy and following along. I usually learn something new and get a chance to realize that I still remember random facts that I thought I had forgotten so long ago.
  • Just a great game show for trivia buffs.

I have always liked this show. It's one of the few daily offerings that I have ever bothered to tape (Thank you TIVO for making my life so much easier).

It's simple and fun. There are lots of questions and they are challenging even for the most seasoned trivia guy or gal. The most fun is the themed double Jeopardy rounds and the sometimes unique catagories.

My favorite episodes are the college tournament and the tournament of champions. The questions are at their most difficult and the games are usually the most competitive. The teen tournament is enjoyable as well. Personally, I don't care much for the celebrity games but I suppose you have to make some concessions to ratings.

A few complaints: some of the recent changes have damaged the show. I have accepted the need to double the value of all the questions even though I always wanted to win on the show for pride more than wealth. I think the removal of the five win limit really damages the spirit of the game and removes the whole point of the tournament of champions (even though the whole Ken period was good for ratings).

Still a good show though. As long as the question writers remain top notch I'll tune in every day.
  • The best television game show of all time

"Jeopardy!" is, quite simply, the best game show in the history of television, in part due to its elegant simplicity. The question and answer reversal aside, this is basically a standard quiz show, though one that requires a wide range of knowledge, not unlike the old "GE College Bowl" (and I certainly date myself by that reference!). The lack of gimmicks (again, apart from getting the answer and coming up with the question) keeps the show from becoming stale, and the fact that the game is played more or less the way it has been played since the show's inception in 1964 shows that the idea is and always was a solid one. The only major change over the years has been in the dollar amounts; the game play itself hasn't been touched, nor has it needed to be. At this writing the shwo is in its 22nd season: may it go on for another 22 years, and more!
  • lol its funny

might sound stupid but i think this show is completely funny!!! to see people that overthink themselves (also known as conceited) get their butts kicked by smarter people lol its great to seee PLUS you learn a lot about a lot of strange things...excellent show to watch if youre like me.. lol
  • Jeopardy is a game show that always keeps me thinking. I only wish I could be as smart as some of those people on the show.

I like watching Jeopardy. I like to see if I can guess the answer before the contestants do. Only once in a while I can guess the answer. My daughter who is 14 can answer a lot more answers than I can. I always learn something new when watching Jeopardy. I can also listen to it on the radio when I have to go pick up my daughter from basketball practice. I am sure the people study in order to get to be on Jeopardy. I admire all of the contestants.
  • A fantastic mind expanding experience

“Jeopardy!” is a great game show. Many years ago Merv Griffen was thinking up ideas for quiz shows. They had the scandal where one quiz show champion was given answers. People were suspicious of quiz shows because of this. Merv’s wife said, jokingly, why not give everybody the answers and make them come up with the questions.

Alex Trebek has been a great host for a long time now. Even without the mustache he still provides the answers. He is a star but does not make the mistake of thinking people have tuned in to watch him.

The nice thing about “Jeopardy!” is that a contestant can come from way behind by running a few categories. I would be afraid to go on the show myself because I’d probably have the worst categories and end up with nothing.
  • The long-running quiz in reverse - The host supplies the answers, and contestants must give the questions.

Created by Merv Griffin in response to the quiz show scandals of the 1950's, he came with the idea when his wife suggested that if shows were getting in trouble for giving the contestants answers, then a show could be done that just gives the answers outright. Originally, the show had a small but devoted following, with host Art Fleming. Fleming never missed a show during the entire first run of "Jeopardy!," hosting over 2,000 shows during its 9-year run. In 1984, the show was revived for syndication, featuring ten times the dollar amounts of the original, and a new host - Alex Trebek. Now, going into its 22nd season, Trebek has only missed one show - an April Fool's episode hosted by Pat Sajak (of "Wheel of Fortune") while Trebek hosted that night's "Wheel" program. "Jeopardy" has changed with the times, modifying its set every few years and bringing in new gimmick categories such as "Before and After" and "Crossword Clues" to keep things fresh. Several years ago, to keep pace with inflation, the board's dollar values were doubled, allowing higher single-game winnings. "Jeopardy!" continues as the consistenly number one show in syndication, trailing only its sister show, "Wheel of Fortune."
1 2 3