Jeopardy!

Weekdays 7:30 PM on Sony Pictures Television Premiered Mar 30, 1964 In Season

thefanof

Jeopardy! Fan Reviews (58)

• MOST ADMIRABLE!!!

Some people criticized Mrs. Chu for picking questions randomly, but did you notice that, at the final quest. he would bid only enough so that the contestant behind him would tie his final dollar amount if they bid everything. Other contestants would bid that extra dollar and beat you by it. Chu's final play is the most admirable way to play!!
  • OOPS!

While watching your program Friday, March 7, 2014, on WKYT Lexington, Rutter answered a question in Double Jeopardy in the category - CAUSES & EFFECT - "This genus is the most common bacterial cause of a sore throat" with - "strepdubbacacus" - Alex ask him to repeat it at which he correct to - "strepdacacus". Your judges who are usually quick to catch this kind of thing did not call his hand to it. They are most often strict about accepting the first answer. In final Jeopardy the final scoring before the question was Mike Dupee - 14,300 and Brad Rutter 30,600. Mike had the correct answer bidding 14,000 making his total 28,300. Brad however missed the question. He bid nothing. You declared him the winner showing him with 30,600, when in reality if you had counted his answer wrong as you should have you would have subtracted 1,200 from his with that 1,200 and the 1,200 you added that makes 2,400 that should have been subtracted from his total making it 28,200. So as you can see the real winner is Mike Dupee by $100. I hope you will make this correction or some compensation for Mr. you.
  • The best game show on TV, better than Wheel Of Fortune.

This show has three featured components that Wheel Of Fortune will never have.

1. A "Clue Crew"

2. A host that does exceptionally well at pronunciating foreign names, words and/or phrases.

3. Special tournaments that are held once a year.
  • Eh, it has its moments

The game show does feel half decent if you ask me. It has become one of those classic game shows that just went on the be bigger than life without warning, ut it did get boring sometimes, I`ll tell the haters that.
  • smack

As much as I enjoy Jeopardy, the new set and designs are so awfully garish and hideous that it destroys any enjoyment that I have in watching the program. -- So, that may be it for me.
  • O. Henry

1.5
    The correct title of the short story in the question is The Ransom of Red Chief, not The Ransom. Why was that response accepted?
  • What is the smacking about

1.5
    While I love the show do not watch it as often as I used to as the announcer seems to have developed the habit of smacking most of the time when he reads the answers. That is verry annoying.
  • If I'm not mistaken, you're mistaken

I was only listening with one ear, but I think your Final Jeopardy Question on the 8.8.13 episode was something like "In what national song does the pronoun change?" The accepted correct answer was "God Save the Queen/King" Since when are queen and king pronouns. The current champion was understandably unable to answer the question. How is this going to be rectified?
  • Correct spelling?

2.5
    It is terrible that your show rejects an answer because of a spelling mistake. If you can understand the answer, and it is correct, then this is all that counts. Spelling is a separate skill from factual recall; it is controlled in a separate area of the brain, and has a strong, visual memory component; but it is poorly correlated with overall intelligence. Some people like dyslexics may never be able to spell well, but may otherwise be quite gifted/ intelligent/ knowledgeable. Your show is to have participants compete for excellence in recall, not in their ability to spell otherwise your show will deteriorate into a boring spelling bee. It is unfair particularly to children. Do you remember the kid who missed Emancipation Proclamation? He will never go on a show again, nor will any kid who isn't sure of his spelling. Shame on you.
  • Stop saying "one of the only" on Jeopardy

One of the only doe not exist, yet it appears regulalry in the it right!!!
  • wrong

Ddecleation of war aganist japan was dec 8 1942. No decleration of war was in 1942. This is the third mistake I have seen on your show in over thirty years.
  • Knowledge

comprehendable questions that sometimes relate to high-school subjects. There was even a guy who was on Jeopardy 75 days. This show deserves to still air.
  • Fun with Alex!

The contestants make it look so easy... but the games are reallllllly a lot of fun to go along with. Lots of opportunities to win here. I like the writing idea. A Classic!
  • I play on Nintendo.

I enjoy watching Jeopardy I play on Nintendo.
  • I learn a lot, but the judges' calls tick me off and Alex's "I can do any accent" attitude is uncharming. Especially when he pronounces "Don Juan" as "Don Jew-on"

The main problem I have with this show: the judges. They nitpick some contestants and then let others slide.

The issue of pronunciation: If you make a long "a" instead of a short "a," sometimes they say the answer is wrong.

Pluralization: I understand this sometimes, like when the category limits the number of letters in the correct response or adhering to book titles. But usually, they just nitpick with the addition of "s."

Memorable mess ups:

to an Aesop fable question a woman replied, "What is 'The Turtle and the Hare'" and they gave it to her. No! It's "The Tortoise and the Hare"

some question about a camera lens that uses "these three primary colors": "What are red, blue, and yellow?" dubbed incorrect. The correct answer: "Red, blue, and green." Green is a secondary color! The question set up the wrong response! The guy should have received credit.

a question about the title of Mercury/Hermes' staff and the symbol for medicine: no one pronounced "Caduceus" correctly, but again the question is wrong. The U.S. symbol of medicine is inaccurate. Caduceus with two snakes is exclusive to Hermes; the rod of Asclepius is the symbol of medicine with only one snake.
  • Good Game Show.

It has great questions, and it also opens the show to kids, teens, and college students. It is a game show that everyone will enjoy, your children, dogs, cats, fathers, mothers, grandmothers, grandfathers, fish, bananas, and you. This game show also has been on many game consoles. I don't know anybody who doesn't like a game show as simple as jeopardy. Even If You're behind in this game, a daily double could bring you in the lead. Player 1 Player 2 Player 3 2,800 4,400 7,200 Daily Double 5,600 As I said before, this is a very simple (With Challenging Questions) that everyone will love.
  • Perfect

This is probablly my favorite game show at the moment. I like the concept of this show of how people answer questions and move up the ranks of the game each week (or episode whatever.) Another thing I like (which is also the main "make it or break it" factor for me) are the questions. I like how diverse they are each episode, like some questions will be about historical happenings and others will be about gardening and others will be about foreign foods, and I usually learn a couple things each time I watch it. If nothing else is on besides this, don't hesitate to watch. 10/10 A+
  • My Favorite Game Show

I like the concept of people picking categories and the amount of money, I like the daily doubles, final Jeopardy, etc. I think this is the best game show on TV and I think it is clever. Some of the contestants that become champions I do not like, but overall I think this is a great show. It's fun to keep track of how many you have gotten right. When I was younger I really wanted to be on it someday. Anyways, this is my favorite game show on TV, and as such, my overall grade is an A+. Perfect
  • This is a gameshow so it doesn't have any summaries.

3.9
    Three words, this... show...sucks! Honestly this show should be for adults because of there high attention spand. The show is so quite which makes it feel boring and pathetic. Mabey if they put background music to cover the quiteness it won't be so bad. But, still this definiatly an adult show.
  • A very good game show.

It's one of the best game shows ever and It's really better than that very dreadful Nickelodeon GUTS.But it's not better that Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.It askes some questions that are kind of easy and I love the Movie Questions.The Movie Quetions are like so easy,but some of them are pretty hard to figure out.Some of the questions are like so hard and some of them are so easy.This is really one of the best game shows ever made and it's better than some of the worst game shows ever made and some of the good ones excpet for Who Wants To Be A Millonaire.
  • Easily the best game show on TV.

What can I say about this show that hasn't already been said? Jeopardy! loved throughout the country and loved by people of all ages above 6th grade. This game show I try never to miss. Keeping score against the competitors on the show as well as getting together with family and friends to compete as the show is airing are great times. In my personal opinion, Alex Trebek looks as if he hasn't aged in the past 15 years or so - but, more importantly, Jeopardy! would not be Jeopardy! without him as the host. You would also think the questions to the show would have become redundant over all of these years - but this show is as fresh as ever.
  • I love it!

I love everything about Jeopardy. Alex Trebek is so cheesy and serious that he is downright hilarious. Sometimes he is really kind of mean! Obviously, my favorite weeks are celebrity weeks - those people are dumb - and college weeks. I just love it! Even when the show makes me feel like an idiot because I don't know even a handful of answers, it is still fun to watch. My husband and I kind of compete against each other. It gets a little tense! I hope that this show stays on the air for quite a while. It is a good family show.
  • Let's see how much knowledge you possess!

What can I say? It's just a fabulous show that's fun to watch.

I was not always a big fan of the show, but just recently, I chose to start watching it regularly and I'm glad I made that choice. In a way, Jeopardy! is a show that can make a person feel not-so-bright and yet a genius at the same time - feeling like a Harvard graduate after correctly responding or being embarrassed that you went to a public school for not knowing one of the clues. That is what makes the show so fun - seeing how much you do know.

But with that said, it doesn't prove if you're "smart" or not. It's a show about how much information in various categories you are familiar with. A great deal of the clues are practically "useless" knowledge. But, that's okay. The people on the show are no better than you or me; they just may have a higher interest in knowing all sorts of data.

Still, the show is a lot of fun. The host, Alex Trebek, is a wonderful icon for Jeopardy!. His demeanor fits perfectly for the whole image that surrounds the Jeopardy! name-brand. For some, me being one, Jeopardy! inspires people to learn new things. That's why I enjoy the show so much.

If you haven't seen a game, I encourage you to watch at least one show. You might even find yourself becoming enthralled!
  • This show is very informative and captivating at the same time.

OMG!!! I would soooo do Alex Trebeck! He is so hot with his knowlege. I bet that he should know a few things about me, if you know what I mean ;). Man he is almost as hot as the purple teletubbie. I would soooooo have a threesome with them. If only Alex was single. I would so steal him from his wife. After all I am one sexy dude. He would push me onto te bed, rip off my blouse and skirt, and do me up god knows where. Ooooohhhhhh yeeeeeah... Any way this is a really good show. Bye now ;).
  • Jeopardy! is a game-show that is currently being hosted by Alex Trebek.

Jeopardy! premiered on March 1, 1964. Alex Trebek started hosting the game-show in 1984. In my opinion, this is one of the best game-shows in the business. It's a show that I give a perfect 10. The questions are difficult, but they are still very educational. The popular game-show has had kids and adults play. Since 1984, Johnny Gilbert has been the announcer. Former announcers have been John Harlan and Don Pardo. Before Alex Trebek hosted Jeopardy!, Art Fleming hosted it from 1964 until in 1975 when he wanted to do a radio talk-show. Jeopardy! is a show for kids and adults to watch. I hope Jeopardy! can stay on the network for many more episodes.
  • Educational and Fun.

Jeopardy is a game show for all ages. You'll learn so many things you never known before. Or if you think you got the bronze then play along to at home and answer as much questions as you can. Alex does a great job as host I dont see anyone who could take his spot. The game itself is well skilled range. Particularly I like questions about history. Oh and not to mention the show has pop culture references that will make you laugh. You can win lots of money on here like that other guy who had like 2million or something.

Good show highly recommended to watch.
  • The most famous game show ever.

We played games like this at school, to help us do well on tests mostly. But the hard thing about it is the categories and the answers to every one, and the most frustrating thing I dislike about it is you lose money every time you give an incorrect response. And what's even worse is that you won't get to play Final Jeopardy if you end with a negative score. The best champion I can ever imagine is Ken Jennings, with over $3 million and 75 days as a contestant. It's a good thing they eliminated the winnings limit, or else it would've never happened.
  • a game show where people compete answering questions from various categories.

a great game show and one of my personal favorites. it is fun to play along at home and try to answer the questions before the people on the show. great if you want to learn a ton of random and very interesting facts. it is fun to watch and see how much you know, and it is even funner when you have a couple of people to watch and guess along with. the categories vary from anything about music to politics and history to books and science. there is a subject for everyone, and the show makes learning a lot funner.
  • Nice show!

This was one of those shows that I watched during my childhood, got lost somehow, then I just started to get to watch again. It is still exciting and informative, and I try to watch out for the show whenever it airs. It does get frustrating sometimes when you can't answer much of the questions, but it is still entertaining (at least for me). What I like the most is when the game comes down to the final jeopardy, and its very critical what amount you bid. Some games are won and lost in this way.

Overall, still a good show, and I hope it continues for a long time. :D
  • This show is very interesting. Taught me things i never knew.

This show is absolutly one of my faves. As a host, Alex Trebeck does a very great show. Not only giving out questions but adding a little humor in the mix. And they choose the right topic to question on. And teen week rocks. This show is gonna last in so many memories.
NEW