Jeremiah

Interregnum (1)

Aired Friday 10:45 PM Sep 24, 2004 on Showtime

• Here's what it comes down to for me: believability of the script. They failed.

2.5
    One scene just killed not only the episode but the entire crescendo of the series. Yes, I can accept that Smith miraculously knew where the advancing army with Sims is going to be - after all, he talks to God. What is harder to swallow is that he did not say anything to anyone - which would mobilize the allied forces two days earlier. But let's not quibble. What is absolutely, one hundred percent idiotic is the notion that Sims, this brilliant general and killer, not only does not interrogate the man that knows his position, does not kill him outright, but throws him freely in the water, where, while still as much as looking at him being alive and well, *** reveals the position of his army for the final battle ***!!!
    I don't care how egotistical, narcissistic someone is (which would be the only possible explanation) - that was a HUGE cop-out from writers who did not have a better idea on how to accomplish the showdown.
    Now, this would not be so bad if this was a mid-season battle, but the final battle? Come on. It killed the suspense completely, because you knew he would be JUST in time to warn the alliance.
    Better things were to come in Part two, where the drama of Daniel was to play out (the Marcus-Sims conversation is the 2.5 points I gave this episode), but this episode - most unfortunately, a blown bubble.