Jeremiah

Letters from the Other Side (2)

Aired Friday 10:45 PM Oct 17, 2003 on Showtime

• Best example of a season opener. Apparently one of the most disturbing things JMS has had characters do, and the weight of the decisions are huge.

The second season is normally a difficult one, but with Jeremiah, the only bad thing about it was the terrible, terrible theme music.
    With that out of the way there was logical progression of the main story arc, huge life-changing decisions and alterations to the status quo of the series.
    Mister Smith made a great addition to the team, although the best defining/horrible moment with him is in the episode "Strange Attractors".
    Libby's okay as a new cast member, a very JMS woman. I do wonder if they run on anything other than sassiness (and Erin has enough of that already).
    The father isn't added to the main credits, but is still a defining part of who Jeremiah is and may as well have been, given that the expanded cast start dipping in and out regularly.

The main point here is that the episode has one of the best, most horrifying decisions a good guy cast have had to make, especially in a quite warm and fluffy creator such as JMS' property. For me, it came a bit out of left-field as I didn't expect him to have the stones to do it. All in all, a very good start to the season.

I've placed this under the second episode, as it's got more of the impactful points to it than the previous episode. Awesome stuff, if only JMS and MGM didn't have a spat and stop making this.