Jericho (UK)

The Killing of Johnny Swann

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 23, 2005 on ITV

7.9
  • A smooth English [i]noir[/i] starring the wonderful Robert Lindsey. I missed half, but enjoyed the conclusion greatly.

I wasn't sure what to expect from this show when I saw it coming up on [i]Mystery[/i]. I love old noir films, like [u]The Dark Corner[/u] and [u]Out Of The Past[/u], and wasn't let down by this installment.

The handling of the reveals during the second half still had me guessing a bit- in the good way- and I loved the look of the production as well. The story was tight enough and still left enough workplace tension hanging to carry through to other installments, which has me glad it's summer and [i]Mystery[/i] is swinging into it's fun Brit sleuths!

Due to the nature of the reveals, and the flashbacks to the murders which start the story, if it was a movie I'd rate it a hard PG-13. (Of course, if this is used as a start for talk, go for it, parents.) For noir or mystery fans? I heartily recommend this series, as well as to Robert Lindsey fans. (Personally, I think we have a new Frost on our hands.)