Jericho

9:02

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Oct 25, 2006 on CBS

• When an electromagnetic pulse plunges Jericho in darkness once more, a wave of crime hits town.

7.2
    I honestly don't know what to think of this show. It has its moments (the wonderful "Federal Response" for example) and then they present us something like this. The dull and flat plotlines of this episode hit me harder since the writers seemed to be building up a lot of tension in the previous installments.

What I didn't like about "9:02": The power dying yet again. What was the point here, people? Again Dawkins was up to his mysterious ways - which has been nice up until this episode, now it's just quickly becoming irritating. And what was the corn situation all about? The cheesy harvest scene (which totally reminded me of the communal barbecue scene in episode 2) felt totally out of place in the general atmosphere the writers are trying to establish. We really don't need to see a thousand examples of how Jericho's inhabitants "try to cope with disaster while maintaining their good spirits". The plotline involving the group of young criminals (finally some foreshadowing to an explanation of Jake's dissapearance!) was a step in the right direction though.

Look, I am intrigued by this show (otherwise I wouldn't bother to watch) but if they don't start giving us some substantial answers soon I'm going to lose interest fast.