Jericho

Casus Belli

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Apr 18, 2007 on CBS

• The only thing that really bothers me is if Heather is really dead. I liked her and find her death unnecessary. I was almost tempted to give a 1 based on that but then that would not be giving the rest of the episode a fair shake.

Jake and Hawkins. I have a feeling we're going to see this team up a lot more. Why, because it works! These two get together, things happen.

Now, if there is one person I'd like to see die, that's Gray. Sorry, he is useless. It's obvious he became mayor to grab power, not for the best interest of Jericho. Everything is falling apart around him and he's screaming "My way or the highway!" His lack of compassion is going to get the town in serious trouble.

When Jake and Hawkins do find out what's going on, I have to give it to the writers for their smarts in this one. Hawkins tries to make Jake stay, Jake bolts and is soon captured. Then he finds his brother and the news that Heather is dead. That part hurt me because I liked her and thought her character could go pretty far. I figured they were going for the classic love triangle with complications, but in every step, they've removed them, dead wife, fiance leaves, rival dead. Hope this means they're sticking more to the action.

I really liked Hawkins "torture" technique. "The fear is more important. Torture is stuff you see in the movies." Got a great laugh out of that! So now the brothers are captured and held up as an example of why Jericho should be attacked. Even though the reference is Roman, couldn't help but think of Hitler here. Convincing the uninformed masses to blame someone else for their problems and to go to war for your own gain. But there is still an Ace in the Hole, Hawkins. Can't wait to see what happens next week! This is becoming one of the top shows of the season.