Jericho

Fallout

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Sep 27, 2006 on CBS

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• Not my favorite storyline but not too bad when you consider what this Series is about - survival after a nuclear attack.

I have to admit - this is not a fast paced or even that exciting show but it's not too far off the base in some things such as the possibility of nuclear rain. The problem that I have with this show is that it's slow - and even though that's to be expected, I typically like to watch fast paced, thinking shows. This one only catches my attention because of the basis of the show and I for one am curious to see how people gather themselves after such an event. I was a bit disappointed in how fast the escaped prisoner storyline played out but maybe there's a couple more lurking about - (after all, how would you know if the new comers into Jericho aren't just survivors that were in the wrong place at the wrong time but prison escapees?)

Not a bad series, not a great one either - so far its' just plodding its way along
  • Radioactive rain cloud approaches Jericho, leaving the residents of Jericho in need of shelters to hide from the deadly rain. Also Jake's old High school flame is entertained by a few prison inmates in cogneato

Wow. When Hawkins kept the message to himself I was afraid that the show would take one of those " we are not telling you viewers anything unless we have too" type of moods, but to my surprise when Hawkins started pulling out red pins like a magician pulling rabbits out of a hat, my stomach turned. To see all those cities had been hit as well really gave you a view as to what type of post-nuke world that the inhabitants of Jericho might be facing.

I can only hope that every week, that more secrets will be revealed. Mainly, where has Jake been; and what is Hawkins really hiding? Seems to me he is much more than just a "cop from St Louis" as he claims.
  • A bit of an improvement on the pilot and slightly advances the plot.

Denver
    Atlanta
    Chicago
    Philadelphia
    San Diego
    and at least three other locations (perhaps more, I could't count the number of pins). This is what I hoped would should up in the pilot, but I guess that it's going to be revealed in layers just how f'd up things are and are going to be. If you're interested in just how long term radiation exerts it's deadly effects, check out www.kiddofspeed.com A town of 55,000, Pripyat remains evacuated 20 years after Chernobyl and will remain so for at least 500 years. A friend of mine from Warsaw has seen 6 of her childhood friends contact thyroid cancer. They're going to be living with this forever....if the show is accurate.

I was glad to see Emily take a life; she realizes that things have changed; that the old rules of society no longer apply. Robert Hawkins is going to be bearing the cross of bad knowledge, if he doesn't crack under the strain. Who does he tell, if anyone?

Looks like it's possible that the mayor had a mild heart attack or just 'collapsed' under the strain.

Jake? Well, it's obvious that he seems a take charge kind of guy, and it's probably going to be a big mystery as to what he was or did when he was gone for all of those few years. Better than the first episode, but still room for improvement. Needs to be a lot more gritty, and yes, depressing. This is it folks; game over. Assuming that it was not some sort of coordinated terrorist attack, it probably represents a strategic attack by a major soveriegn nation. Things aren't going to get better, they are going to get a lot worse. Better break out the iodized salt :)

Tom