Jericho

Fallout

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Sep 27, 2006 on CBS

• Jake and Jericho find shelter from the nuclear fallout

I just finished rewatching this episode. And you know what, there are inconsistencies (duct tape and plastic to keep out nuclear radiation). But you know what, the show works within its story. It does what it needs to do.

So many people can harp on things. I understand criticisms of people being held up in their homes with only plastic and duct tape to protect them. But, in a situation like this, I think anyone would do just about anything to prolong survival. Even if that means putting up duct tape everywhere!

What works is that the show continues on the previous episodes. All comparisons between this show and Lost are crap and hold no water. This show is different and, in my opinion, much better than Lost. Lost is a show that relies on flashbacks. Jericho tells the story in the present tense. There are no similarities between the two shows.

The funny thing to me is that SO many people compare this show to Lost. Lost prolongs the mystery to death and people like it for that. However, these same fans who watch Jericho demand answers now. Get over it and wait like the rest of us.

This series has potential. I still want to know just who Mr. Hawkins is. My guess is he's probably some government type who saw this coming and no one listened to him. Like O'Neil did before 9/11 when he went to investigate the USS Cole bombing.

I think the overall point of this show is to not worry about "Why" but "Ok, now what do we do?" It can make a very good comment on American life today, on humanity. I think Jericho would have more parallels as time goes on between the story told in Battlestar Galactica and humanity's remnant.

Wait and see...