Jericho

Federal Response

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Oct 18, 2006 on CBS

• Jake and Hawkins find out more about each other as the power comes back on, fires start throughout the town and citizens still drink and shop like nothing happened.

This episode was fairly entertaining compared to the last one. We start to find out a little bit more about Jake's background, but each new thing we learn leads us to have more questions. Hawkins sits out as his picnic table with his own satellite dish hoping nobody sees him and supposedly is out there all day on his portable. Amazing how he goes between a small usb satellite device in his basement and a huge satellite dish in the backyard to get access. Jake sees him in the backyard and Hawkins sees Jake seeing him. They have a brief confrontation about it, but nothing much is said unfortunately, and then they go off and battle the fire together. Wasn't Hawkins deputized a couple episodes ago? If so, shouldn't he be out helping the police and firemen instead of playing on his computer? Also, why would they send most of their firemen to Denver as the Mayor mentioned? I don't know what vehicle they took, but I can't imagine it was good on gas mileage and wouldn't that gas be better used running generators and keeping food cold so they can have something to eat in a few days?