Jericho

Federal Response

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Oct 18, 2006 on CBS

• Good character drama/storylines, new mysteries expanded, but a few bits o filler.

I'll start by saying the whole fire sequence felt a little dragged out. Probably because I feel they're using the "Last second problem, or snafu" a little too much. It seems in most of the few episodes there have been, there's always some emergency and Jake and Co. always run into a problem at that crucial moment, which they seem to promptly solve. It's sort of losing it's effect on me, and is getting predictable.
    BUT...
    Great scene with Jake and his father. Nice to know he went through some big changes while he was away. I would've liked for him to be able to tell us what happened during that time, but at the same time it's kind of nice not to know. It gives us something to look forward to later in the show.
    And a new layer has been added to Hawkins. Not only does he have a laptop with wireless connection, he also has a big honkin satellite dish. What would he be sending or received that would require that?
    And the last scene was a jaw dropper for me. Seeing the missiles flying through the air made start thinking, maybe it's not quite over.....