Jericho

Federal Response

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Oct 18, 2006 on CBS

• This show starts to suck me in more and more as characters are deepened and the plot finally gets a definite direction.

This episode had a lot of different elements in it: action, drama and suspense. But it all played out very nicely. It was good that they started to flesh out a couple of the main characters (as witnessed during the Jake-Johnston conversation and the confrontation between Eric and his wife April) which is something I felt the show desperately needed at this point. In the end I think this is what's going to keep me watching.

They also still found the time to pack the episode with action and mysteries. I didn't really like how they approached the library fire (how is it possible that everyone, including a whole class of little children, was allowed to stand so close to a public building on fire?) but the overall plot was good. The ongoing suspense about the tv and its governmental (?) message made me sit on the edge of my seat. And the cliffhanger at the end? It definitely made me crave for more.

All in all, a well-balanced episode that shows us that this series has a lot more in store for us!