Jericho Forums

CBS (ended 2008)

Jericho cancelled.

doeyetman

[41]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 11

That website does sound like a good idea I'm sure that someone at the networks would check a site like that regular. Maybe it could be categorized by network to make it easy for them to check their own stuff. Or maybe its just wishful thinking.

Also im keeping my fingers crossed for a season 2 dvd release with both final episode versions

Edited on 03/22/2008 7:48pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tribalchic

[42]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 17

littleditylum wrote:
    mjk1 wrote:
    count-chocula wrote:
    However, it has high production vaules that SciFi may not be able to afford.
    thats what is says on the scifi website, so its not looking good for season 3
    i think with battlestar galactica ending, jericho may have a chance.

they are splitting the final season of BSG into 2 sections with the second part not airing till late '09 so its not ending anytime soon.

im saying this because all you guys are gonna get your hopes up, waste all your money on another "save jericho" campaign for nothing.The show had a good run and one-hell of a final season so be glad you got that and move on(as sad as it might be).

ernienet

[43]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 7
    doeyetman wrote:

That website does sound like a good idea I'm sure that someone at the networks would check a site like that regular. Maybe it could be categorized by network to make it easy for them to check their own stuff. Or maybe its just wishful thinking.

Also im keeping my fingers crossed for a season 2 dvd release with both final episode versions

The domain is still available. Who's committed to the concept? I've got hosting space. We could use open source to get a site up quickly. Blog or CMS? We'll need several moderators and a simple system of affiliates or advertising to support it during the slow times. Every site has to have a plan - tossing up a site without a plan is good way to fail.

FranVanster

[44]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 15

This time a campaign won't help. The first season ended with a cliffhanger, the second one will have a proper ending. Even hundreds of tons of peanuts won't help this time, not even spit, as it was suggested.

djariya

[45]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 19
    The show had a good 29 episode run, however the reality is this time it's over for good. You could send 10 million pounds of nuts and it won't make any difference this time. CBS is not paying the bill anymore.

The move to a cable network is doubtful at best. Cable TV doesn't have the kind of money to spend on a show like this. Jericho is an ensemble show with a large cast, which requires millions of dollars for 1 episode. Advertisers don't pay as much for commercial time on cable and it would be very difficult for Jericho and a cable network to make it's money back.

stonerose

[46]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 12

Sucks to see it go (again) i thought season 2 was alot stronger and the shorter span of this season made everything alot quicker, interesting and good to watch. Hopefully someone will pick it up.

However i do think that the cheyenne government is behind this, im pretty sure i seen a Jennings & Rall car parked outside CBS the otherday

Rooster42

[47]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 5

While blog sites are easier for people to post on, CSMs look better. I vote for a CSM.

I posted a new message on the CBS Jericho board but haven't seen it up yet.

Carol Barbee, showrunner, is quoted in the article linked below stating they are looking at other networks. May we suggest Sci Fi or Fox? They seem to be viewer friendly. Unlike the thugs at CBS.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/22/arts/22arts-JERICHOISGON_BRF.html?ex=1363924800&en=4031031635d5a107&ei=5124&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

Mafia1976

[48]Mar 23, 2008
    We all mourn that, well... /sarcasm lucky us, great shows as "Smallville" will keep going forever /sarcasm
    Edited on 03/23/2008 8:00am

Theyreafterme

[49]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 1
    As disappointing as its demise may be, why are people surprised that Jericho has been cancelled? It was already cancelled once for lack of viewership. Now, even though it returned for a second season, the nature of the series is such that it will have difficulty gathering new viewers. It's a tough series to pick up without having seen the background of season one. So all the people who missed season one, even if they do give Jericho a try, might recognize that it looks like a good show but that since they don't know what's going on, they turn it off.

CMJunkie

[50]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 8
    as disappointed (read that "heartbroken" ) as I am about Jericho being cancelled.... I truly see no gains to be made by bashing CBS. They have gone beyond what most networks would in order to provide at least more closure than we as fans were given last season. Nina Tassler and her crew have dealt with us in a fair and classy way. I won't be able to watch many new shows on CBS without thinking of Jericho........

I totally hope some other network will buy in to this awesome show... and may it continue for many seasons to come.

noname2222pl

[51]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 2
    is this official yet or is just a reporter saying this? i mean its gotten pretty good ratings.

TheRedPushpin

[52]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 3

Unfortunately, from what I've gathered (the articles on here and the CBS boards) it looks like it's official.

At least we'll get a proper ending. I will never forget Jericho.

matt729

[53]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 4
    doeyetman wrote:

I don't think it is wishful thinking as long as we have a plan! It would have be categorized for each major network and then we would have to get the name and concept of the website out their! It would help if we could be directly linked to the major networks websites!

angelzita

[54]Mar 23, 2008
    And Cbs keeps asking them self why this network is falling to the point of no return? well thats a simple question... they are consistently removing shows that the viewers, the one that now pay there paycheck and give them the fancy life that they have are removing the shows that we all enjoy. however i have a feeling that it could be more than that. maybe there afraid of where the plot is going and how the American people watching will react. or American people don't watch the show cuz really who would attack there own country and blame it on somebody else. thats just silly!

angelzita

[55]Mar 23, 2008
    you know what would be the best laugh ever? if another network would pick the show up and it took home all awards and was top on on the most watched list and then just then we can all laugh and say WE TOLD YOU SO CBS!!!!!!!!!

ragarm34

[56]Mar 23, 2008

I refused to watch reality shows beginning this year, even though I did somewhat like Survivor. Reality shows are part of the reason great shows like this failed. QUIT WATCHING REALITY TV. If you watch crap like American Idol and even Survivor, YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

junk_in_a_box

[57]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nS99AU_EPlM

This acurately represents how I felt.

-GFree-

[58]Mar 24, 2008
    F-this. Can we try sending something a little bigger this time? Acorns perhaps?

siddy_2005

[59]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 8
    It was great while it lasted. I'm happy they atleast gave us a 2nd season, and will give a proper ending this time.

PJY38

[60]Mar 24, 2008
    • level: 3
    Well I find it truly amazing that CBS cant read the writing on the wall. They bring Jericho back only to stick it in the lineup on Tuesday at 10pm where they knew it would die out while it is one of the most downloaded shows on their website. These morons dont deserve to have a show this good, obviously they dont know what to do with it. I think I will be boycotting CBS for awhile personally, Id suggest to the rest of you that CBS is making a huge mistake and needs to know about it. Maybe if nobody watches any of their shows then they might get it.