CBS (ended 2008)

Jericho cancelled.

matt729

[81]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 4
    mar1818 wrote:
    matt729 wrote:
    doeyetman wrote:

That website does sound like a good idea I'm sure that someone at the networks would check a site like that regular. Maybe it could be categorized by network to make it easy for them to check their own stuff. Or maybe its just wishful thinking.

Also im keeping my fingers crossed for a season 2 dvd release with both final episode versions

I don't think it is wishful thinking as long as we have a plan! It would have be categorized for each major network and then we would have to get the name and concept of the website out their! It would help if we could be directly linked to the major networks websites!

My thought was its one voice to the networks for those who don't have Nielson boxes as well.

Good idea, I just pmed you about it! That should be one target we really help and speak out for!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

matt729

[82]Mar 26, 2008
    Is anyone else interested in joining in on this idea? If you are please pm me asap so we can all get it started! Lets be heard!

askfloyd

[83]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 3
    voicetothenetworks.com registered now. Hosting can be setup quickly since the hosting company is mine. Who wants to run with it?

PJY38

[84]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 3
    Once again there is a campaign beginning to save Jericho for the second time. At this point the best way you can help is to go to the CBS.com website and under "Jericho". There you can email CBS and voice your desire to have Jericho back. Also there are others also trying to bring our show back. Nobody fights when their show gets cancelled, they just give up. So if we really fight this we do still stand a chance, so dont give up. SAVE JERICHO!!!!

mgray2

[85]Mar 27, 2008
    • level: 1
    I commend all the fans that was able to bring Jericho back from the dead. That being said I could never get into Jericho. I do wish you luck. I hope they bring it back again for you but on the same note I want the Unit back. If they could do both shows that would be great.

Air-man77

[86]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 7
    Join The Fight To bring back "Invasion" (ABC show by S. Cassidy) and "Jericho" on SCfi, please !

AgulaDX2

[87]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 8
    I like the idea of sending little "Don't Tread on Me" flags to CBS or Sci-Fi to help save Jericho.

matt729

[88]Mar 28, 2008

askfloyd wrote:
    voicetothenetworks.com registered now. Hosting can be setup quickly since the hosting company is mine. Who wants to run with it?

Wow, you did that? I will help, I just pmed you!

EncinoManBeer

[89]Mar 28, 2008
    • level: 2
    Since the election is winding down, why don't we get all of the Ron Paul spammers to blitz the internet and make Don't Tread on Me Signs and setup picket lines in front of all of the CBS stations across the country. They are really good at sign making for freeways, street corners, blimps, and racing cars. Let's call it the Jericho r3VOLution!!!

Herodite777

[90]Mar 28, 2008
    AgulaDX2 wrote:
    I like the idea of sending little "Don't Tread on Me" flags to CBS or Sci-Fi to help save Jericho.

I love that.

renepinguin

[91]Mar 29, 2008

We all know this was coming.

Part of the agreement with CBS was that they would produce 7 more episodes and we agreed.

It has been a hell of a show and I have enjoyed it.

I know you all did.

Allthough I'm not really happy with the ending (they had to put a lot of stuff in a few episodes) I am glad that it HAD an ending.

Jericho, RIP

Fans... there will be more of these great series in the future. hang in and hang on..

Peace,

The_Hack1212

[92]Mar 29, 2008
    Vale Jericho...

Herodite777

[93]Mar 29, 2008
    askfloyd wrote:

I'll help run it.

mickdiaz

[94]Mar 29, 2008
    • level: 5
    renepinguin wrote:

We all know this was coming.

Part of the agreement with CBS was that they would produce 7 more episodes and we agreed.

It has been a hell of a show and I have enjoyed it.

I know you all did.

Allthough I'm not really happy with the ending (they had to put a lot of stuff in a few episodes) I am glad that it HAD an ending.

Jericho, RIP

Fans... there will be more of these great series in the future. hang in and hang on..

Peace,

I'm sure there will be great series in the future but what's the use getting hooked on them when the networks pull the plugs on them so that they can replace it with a reality show. And Jericho is being replaced with a reality show called "The Secret Talents of the Stars" And what secret talents will they posses? That they can get gang banged with out working up a sweat? The hell with CBS and reality shows.

racergoil89

[95]Mar 30, 2008
    • level: 5
    I agree, Reality shows are pretty much crap and it's pathetic that CBS would pick stuff like that over Jericho. I'm so disappointed it got canceled but am still hoping that another network will pick it up and give it the chance it deserves.

screechmoe2000

[96]Mar 30, 2008
    They didn't even end it like a series finale, more like a season finale. Now the shows can be about all the civil wars that break out and how the towns have to be rebuilt.

Musicals101

[97]Mar 31, 2008
    • level: 6

racergoil89 wrote:
    I agree, Reality shows are pretty much crap and it's pathetic that CBS would pick stuff like that over Jericho. I'm so disappointed it got canceled but am still hoping that another network will pick it up and give it the chance it deserves.

Just for the record here, they are "replacing" Jericho with this show. It just happens to be going into it's time slot. Reality shows are here to stay. The popularity combined with the very low production costs make them impossible for the networks to resist. We just have to do more work as viewers to look to the quality shows even if a lot of them are on the cable networks. FX is doing an amazing job of putting fantastic show after fantastic show on the air. The only FX series I don't watch is Rescue Me and that's only because I became aware of it too late and need to catch up on it from the beginning. You don't see the reality crap filling channels like that and it's clearly because they don't have to. The free broadcast networks do have to do that and they've found a way to make a bunch of money while still making scripted shows. I just DVR what I like and watch it when I have time. I think the future of TV is going to move quickly away from people just tuning in at a certain time on a certain channel. The new technology is going to better able to track what shows are being watched because I too have never met anyone with a Neilson box or met anyone who has ever met anyone with a Neilson box. The whole rating system is ridiculous and will get a major overhaul as "normal" TV is being phased out over the next few years.

TheAgency

[98]Apr 1, 2008
    • level: 9
    Just face it, I like jericho just as much as any other guy, but Jericho is not going to be pick up by Sci fi or any other network. Most of the actors are moving onto new projects. Besides, the 2 season was dissappointing even with the trick pulled by fans on CBS.

melindagordonxo

[99]Apr 1, 2008
    I still can't believe its cancelled. They gave us such a bad spot on air no wonder no one was watching. No one is awake to watch it at 10pm on a Tuesday! Seriously!! And they wonder why. A point proved by a teenage girl.

[100]Apr 2, 2008
    RIP

I was one of the bigeest fans of the show in the first season. Bu frankly, the second season bored me, and I didn't even watch all the 7 episodes. This show missed so many chances to expand the story and answer the questions raised, but it proved to be a total disapointment as many of the unexplained things shown in the first season never got explained. And I dont think it was because the show was canceled before having a chance to epxlain them, it simply was a half baked story - the writers simply wrote thing without thinking them through (sadly, lost is the same way, however that show manages to hide that fact better). For example - who launched the EMPs and why ?!?!?!?!? Seems like a major part of the story, since it caused so much damage and changed every aspect of life. But I guess the writers never really decided what's the real story about the EMP. All it was for increasing the hardship, so we can continue to watch the local idiots fight each other in a small town nobody cares about.