Jericho Forums

CBS (ended 2008)

Jericho cancelled.

lapdog872

[141]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 1
    How can they do that???? I love that show. I am disabled and don't get out much. I only have TV. Until Feb. 2009 anyway. How do they do that also? Making people buy a convertor box. I might as well be in a communist country!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lapdog872

[142]Aug 11, 2008
    How can they do that???? I love that show. I am disabled and don't get out much. I only have TV. Until Feb. 2009 anyway. How do they do that also? Making people buy a convertor box. I might as well be in a communist country!!!

askfloyd

[143]Aug 11, 2008
    • level: 3

lapdog872 wrote:
    Making people buy a convertor box. I might as well be in a communist country!!!

Evidently you have not been paying attention. The converter boxes are free (up to two per household).

http://www.dtv.gov/consumercorner.html#faq26

MackinacBridge

[144]Aug 18, 2008
    • level: 4
    I Loved Jericho I wish that it was not canceled.

cactusmary8

[145]Aug 21, 2008

I wouldn't give up the fight yet!! We Rangers need to keep the heat on ALL the networks !!!!!Blog daily and blog often!! Keep the snail mail flowing, too! No one has closed down our sites- KEEP UP THE FIGHT!!! KEEP IT SIMPLE and POSITIVE!!!Send postcards to the networks. The post offices sell plain ones for about 28 cents a piece,that includes postage! Share your DVD"S with friends ,co-workers, your mother!! Have a JERICHO PARTY and invite friends to watch the reruns when aired!! Let our voices be heard! WE will not go quietly into the night! Not without a fight!

cactusmary8

zitzitta

[146]Aug 25, 2008
    • level: 8
    Call me paranoid, but it sounds as if some of the great corporations in USA may have been feeling they have quite a few points in common with our "dear" J&R as related to their "relationship" with polititians and power ... and may have felt it not in their best interest for Jericho to go on... What if people up and wised up?!

cactusmary8

[147]Aug 26, 2008
    I agree with your possible idea that powers that be feel uncomfortable with the JERICHO story line!! But I believe in the power of the masses!!WE WILL NOT GIVE UP THE FIGHT!!!
    "WE WILL DO WHAT WE CAN TILL WE CAN'T"

TheNorm

[148]Sep 7, 2008
    I think it's ridiculous that this show got canceled. Even more that it probably won't be picked up by a less popular network, such as CW, FX, Scifi, Spike...

On networks like that, it's maybe above average to get 4 million viewers per week. They should really consider something here

I also wonder how difficult it would be to bring the cast back together should the idea be considered

count-chocula

[149]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 47
    TheNorm wrote:
    On networks like that, it's maybe above average to get 4 million viewers per week.

Ironically, the CW would kill for 4 to 5 million viewers! They've only broke the 5 mill barrior once in their lifetime.

hapat

[150]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 14
    It just costs to much to make for them to do it...So it's toast, we'll either get some half ***ed book or a movie, that may or may not be good...if anything

djariya

[151]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 19
    hapat wrote:
    It just costs to much to make for them to do it...So it's toast, we'll either get some half ***ed book or a movie, that may or may not be good...if anything

I agree, it's over. Everyone should move on. I know all the actors have moved on to other projects.

If you want to re-live the show, just the DVD's.

Phantomair

[152]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 7
    This is so stupid why would they cancel a show that had such good ratings, bring it back, but I really doubt that will happen.

djariya

[153]Sep 20, 2008
    Phantomair wrote:
    This is so stupid why would they cancel a show that had such good ratings, bring it back, but I really doubt that will happen.

That is where your misinformed. Jericho never had good ratings especially in season 2. It was actually doing well (11M viewers) going into November of 2006, then a long hiatus the momentum and it never returned.

redhawk100

[154]Sep 21, 2008
    • level: 6
    Did it average about 6 million in the 2nd season ? That's pretty good for any network except on CBS. Now they have nothing worth watching IMO.

djariya

[155]Sep 22, 2008
    If a show gets under 10M viewers a week on CBS, then it's almost certain to get cancelled.

I disagree with you about nothing to watch on CBS. Even some people are against all the procedural dramas they produce, they are still damn good IMO. You have to take into account that TV is very expensive to produce nowadays and if you don't get high ratings figures, the advertisers won't pay the bills/cost for producing the show.

soccercrazy282

[156]Sep 24, 2008
    • level: 7

R.I.P.

we will never forget Jericho

(tear tear tear)

StevieGstar

[157]Sep 25, 2008
    • level: 12
    I only started watching this show a week ago and I still have the last two episodes of season 2 to go. This IMO is the best show I've ever seen and I can't believe it didn't get the ratings it deserved. I'm afraid to watch the last two eps because I don't want it to be over I don't know much about the ratings in America but from what I have read, it seems like the hiatus in season one killed it!! Season two so far has been nothing short of outstanding and it makes me angry to think of all the reality **** thats on tv today that outlasts this amazing show!!!

wan_ching

[158]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 22
    i can't believe this show has been cancelled too, i love this show, it's great! and i have watch the episode over and over again, just love it.

ddemaese

[159]Oct 2, 2008
    • level: 5
    Hopefully they make a tv movie so there is a proper ending to this great series

masscas

[160]Oct 5, 2008

Everyone,

Check out my last post 0n 10/5as a reply to Piotr, and specifically the post from Piotr with the web address. I want to believe. Read all of Maybei's posts. She met with Barbee in late September 2008. Thery are still working on plans for a season 3. I have renewed hope for a while yet.

I am into disaster mangement and if someone can tell me how to add an attachment to the post I will send the stages of threat version with Jericho illustrations to this post.

L-

Edited on 10/12/2008 10:01am
    Edited 2 total times.