Jericho Forums

CBS (ended 2008)

Official Discussion Thread: "Patriots and Tyrants" (Spoilers)

Parviainen

[1]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 63
    Please discuss "Patriots and Tyrants" in this thread.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PabloExobar

[2]Mar 25, 2008
    • level: 18
    Simply perfect. No cliffhanger, and if this is the series finale - satisfying as hell. BUT, it's continue-able! There's so much more story to tell. It's obvious.

Drkr_Zen

[3]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 3

I agree with Pablo. Even though they didn't use the cliffhanger episode, they can easily run a third season based on this ending. And, at the same time, it had a lot of closure.

Also, if this is, indeed, the last new episode of Jericho.. they ended it superbly, the cast and staff, even though CBS gave them a gimped season of only 7 episodes. They ended it quite well for our imaginations to run away with themselves at the notion of another American Civil War (scary thought).

At any rate, I particularly enjoyed the final words.. along with Hawkins and Jake side by side again (wish a good chunk of the season ran based on that, and it makes me think Jake/Hawkins would have been a better team to begin with than Sara/Hawkins, heh). Definitely as good as the Season 1 finale's closer, though. And, I hope to see more.

ernienet

[4]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 7
    All I can say is, don't mess with Texas!

t3uv

[5]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 10

Drkr_Zen wrote:
    Even though they didn't use the cliffhanger episode, they can easily run a third season based on this ending.

I agree but if ever the show was picked up by another network (I am dreaming, but who knows...), I would love to see the cliffhanger episode and go into "season 3" as the writers originally intended. In other words, threat this episode as if it never existed...

Personally, I felt this episode was too rushed... 1 hour is too short for a series finale, especially with so many things going on... 2 hours would have been better. BUT, as we all know, it was not the writers' fault...

Damn you stupid CBS!

flieshunter

[6]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 5

First of all I must say, Goodbye for a great show! I will miss it everyday, but also hope it will be eventually picked ip by SCI-FI...

This post will be different from the most post on this forum, I'm not going to put fu** and sh** on CBS... The picture below shows why... Most of the guys here tell that CBS don't give a f*** about the audience, it's not exactly right and they prove it... This moment of the show was the one that made me really sad about what happened to the show, but also i feel that CBS did it with the very beautiful quote: "we respect you, we listened to your requests, but that's all we could do so far. DON'T GIVE UP THE HOPE"... That said i want to say thanks to all people that made it possible for this show to comeback, because I really enjoyed my time... Thank you again all of you guys!

Don't tread on me

ktfahel

[7]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 16

"Jericho" was the only show I watched on CBS, so I don't know if this was the norm or what, but...

I really liked how they had very minimal lower-screen clutter. For instance, I remember noticing a mention of NCIS on the bottom of the screen, but it was in teeny-tiny letters. It really didn't detract from my viewing pleasure.

Rushed; yes. Satisfying; absolutely!

I also found it both sweet and terribly creepy that Stanley and Mimi were exchanging endearments at the foot of Bonnie's grave.

gcswift2

[8]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 9

Hawkins and Jake make Jack Bauer look like he's loafing around all day. The only way they could've covered more ground is if they had "transporters".

BTW, The f-15s should have seen those f-16s from "more than" 50 miles away. There is no way they could have surprised the f-15. It has the largest and most powerful radar system ever deployed on a fighter. It is designed for air supremacy and is the most dominating air craft in the history of war. I bring this up because as a former service member I'm usually impressed by the correctness of how the producers handle military operations and affairs. This they got wrong. I will miss the show...

supercin721

[9]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 30
    You know, I've been a viewer of this show because of the premise but never truly a fan. The dialogue and acting is just so mediocre. However, I agreed with most fans with the Nuts episode. It was well done. It would have been an interesting end but certainly promised an improved Jericho. We did get that. Acting didn't improve but the story certainly continued to grab my interest. This final episode once again completely bowled me over. I feel like just when I'm ready to give up on Jericho they throw me a great episode, poignant and exciting. Another season would feature an American Civil War...that would make for some great tv or a great tv movie. So, as a harsh critic, I give a nod to some great episodes and a very daring storyline. By the way, can someone explain this "cliffhanger" episode that was not chosen?

DrLar

[10]Mar 26, 2008
    Perhaps the F-15's didn't expect the Texas jets coming and firing at them

I was left wanting more, at least they didn't killed our loved characters.. there's still hope...

Anyone ready to send some snakes to CBS? (or at least toy ones)

Katelome

[11]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 15
    Enjoyed it. Happy they didn't leave it completely in the air like so many shot-down great shows were left.

TheRedPushpin

[12]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 3

WOW. That was a great way to finish out the 2nd season - and series if it truly comes down to that.

Major Beck - a good man working for some very bad folks. Now he and his men are truly understanding what is happening, and a lot of others are too. Cheyenne's now gonna have a fight on its hands. The 2nd American civil war is coming, that is what I have to think a 3rd season would be about, and I would look forward to seeing if the CW or SciFi pick it up.

Other things to discuss: did Eric kill Constantino at that scene where they met? He did have a gun hidden behind his back. We could find out what happened to him in a future episode. Also, re: future mysteries - what happens if Mitchell Cafferty's body is found? Dale and Skylar may need to sleep lightly. There's lots of material out there, lots of story to be told. Oh, and Skylar's parents, will we ever find out about them if the show continues on elsewhere?

The scene where Major Beck crossed himself at Bonnie's burial was touching and unexpected, showed a different side to him than the tough soldier who had Heather arrested earlier - I was expecting the Rangers to be arrested at that point....but then we find out just how much Beck is understanding what's going on with the Allied States of America leadership.

Just when I think they can't really do any more, the show delivers.

IdiotBoxx

[14]Mar 26, 2008
    Looks like today Jericho is #3 in the Top Shows on TV.com

SmokingJen1

[15]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 4
    I really liked it. I agree that it felt rushed. But I was just so sad during the whole episode knowing that it was the end. By the last few scenes I had tears in my eyes, espcially when Beck showed that he is a good guy and resigned himself from the allied states. The Stanley/Mimi scene of course was my favorite. I will miss them most of all. Glad that it ended with them in each other arms, and looking toward a future together. To me that made the show, that at least a couple that I shipped for walked off into into the television sunset together.

neokid0298

[16]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 8
    Excellent Conclusion

weuzza

[17]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 6

The first 3 minutes weren't that good, because we heard Jake and Hawkins talking about hard it will be to get to Cheyenne and the next minute they are in Cheyenne. I know they only have like 40 minutes for an episode but it felt unnatural to me.

Then it hitted me, this will most likely be the last episode ever of Jericho. And I became sad and didn't want to see it because then I would never get to see a new episode ever again.

But then it happened. I couldn't start watching and realised why I love this show. I absolutely love this show, it had a good ending with enough closure and if they would decide to continue they can still show us the new Civil War.

I really hope Sci-Fi or CW picks it up. I don't live in America so I don't know the stations, but I heard both these networks would be happy with 6 millions of viewers.

krussell47

[18]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 12
    Great show. I really enjoyed this series finale. Beck finally showed that he is a good guy and everyone survived in the end. That show didn't really leave on an exact cliffhanger, but there definately be more with what they left with. The revolution could be an awesome storyline. This is why this show could have been great. No TV shows have ever touched the idea of modern day revolution in the US. That could have been a great show premise. I will miss Jericho.

jjmau

[19]Mar 26, 2008
    Its so sad to know this maybe the last ep. but it was good and still have the possibility to go on if another network picks it up. RIP Jericho you will be missed

diecaro

[20]Mar 26, 2008
    • level: 21

It was a good way to end the show considering how they had to wrap it all up in one episode. So many loose ends had to be tied up and I think they did the best they could. But you could clearly see how they were very eager to fit it all in those 40-something minutes. Usually they would have accompanied Jake and Hawkins on the entire mission and the flight, now they only showed them at every other point so they could speed the storyline up. It's natural, but just something that bothered me a bit...

Anyway... good way to end a truly great series. This was a show that got to me like few before...