Jericho Forums

CBS (ended 2008)

What's with the Jericho hate?

seenthebean

[1]Mar 19, 2008
    • level: 10

Has anyone besides me noticed there are a lot of people that can't stop complaining that us Jericho fans are complainers and that we say it's good but they bash the ratings? "Clearly not that many people DVR it, and I bet a lot of people who do never end up watching it." I don't have an account on the place this was posted but I'm going to respond here. How is almost 1.5 million views from DVR nobody? Some people just go all out to bash this show. I personally think they are mad that we got a second shot and one of their shows didn't.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Misery-Business

[2]Mar 20, 2008
    • level: 12
    i'm with you,I see alot of people saying Jericho should be canelled again...i find rude what people are saying,and some don't watch the show.

DreamCruise

[3]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 13
    I think it's just the in thing to do ....... the "if something is popular or attention getting, let's start bashing it" syndrome. I don't watch Jericho enough to be a fan, but I am glad it came back, and it is sad that all that hope and 7 new episodes still led nowhere in the ratings game. Stupid Nielson crap. I am a FNL fan, and I can tell you for sure that if and when that is cancelled, people will come out of the woodwork to bash it and it's fans. Luckily those people are nowhere in number as the real fans are, I guess you can take solace in that.

Blue_Mary

[4]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 7

Well, I'm happy that we got a season two, and that the series will be "resolved" supposedly. As for the hate, I imagine that these people were part of an unsuccessful renewal campaign and are upset that we Jericho fans were successful in getting what we wanted.

Mary

agent_0042

[5]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 66
    No, speaking as somebody who never watched, we just get tired of hearing all the time about how great particular shows are (that aren't that popular and get canceled) and how we're dummies not to watch them, when obviously something's up if it's not drawing ratings and it's getting canceled. And just got canceled again.

When the show first came out, it was generally panned by critics, as well as many viewers. That's why I didn't watch it. I could smell cancellation all over it. Though, admittedly, my sniffer isn't so good as to be able to detect that it would get canceled twice.

Same goes for Arrested Development and Friday Night Lights.
    Edited on 03/22/2008 4:42pm

Peter_vonFrosta

[6]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 4
    Well I guess Star Trek must have been a big pile of crap too, it was also cancelled twice.

ktfahel

[7]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 16

Peter_vonFrosta wrote:
    Well I guess Star Trek must have been a big pile of crap too, it was also cancelled twice.

"Cagney & Lacey" too. It was cancelled, renewed due to a fans' letter-writing campaign, won some Emmys, then cancelled again. REAL loser.

I, for one, never saw a bad review of "Jericho", so I don't know where the other poster gets off saying that it was panned. It was the good press (BEFORE it was cancelled the 1st time) that made me curious about it. My husband does not read reviews at all and came into the show cold; he ended up becoming a Ranger...and that's not like him.

tribalchic

[8]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 17

agent_0042 wrote:
    No, speaking as somebody who never watched, we just get tired of hearing all the time about how great particular shows are (that aren't that popular and get canceled) and how we're dummies not to watch them, when obviously something's up if it's not drawing ratings and it's getting canceled. And just got canceled again. When the show first came out, it was generally panned by critics, as well as many viewers. That's why I didn't watch it. I could smell cancellation all over it. Though, admittedly, my sniffer isn't so good as to be able to detect that it would get canceled twice. Same goes for Arrested Development and Friday Night Lights.

ohh i know you didn't just pull the FNL card (which was picked up for s3 btw).

don't mess with kansas or texas!

j/k i don't really take these things to seriously.

agent_0042

[9]Mar 22, 2008
    :

Whether or not the original Star Trek was really all that great a series has been and still is being debated.

:
    I, for one, never saw a bad review of "Jericho", so I don't know where the other poster gets off saying that it was panned.

"Downbeat and earnestly preachy about community and survival, this weird show is further hampered by glum Skeet Ulrich's miscasting as the all-purpose prodigal hero." - TV Guide's Matt Roush

"It had a weak pilot to begin with, but the second episode is even more of a tedious bore. " - Pittsburgh Post Gazette's Rob Owen

"It might sound callous to say that "Jericho" has managed to make nuclear war look boring, but there you have it." - Washington Post's Tom Shales

"There's something missing from this postapocalyptic drama, namely, a realistic feeling of apocalypse." Time Magazine's James Poniewozik

Where do I get off? From the express train that just brought me those blurbs and I can easily bring you a dozen others from if you want.
    Edited on 03/22/2008 7:54pm

Foggle

[10]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 18

agent_0042 wrote:
    :
    Whether or not the original Star Trek was really all that great a series has been and still is being debated.

Lolwut.

agent_0042

[11]Mar 23, 2008
    Lolwut, what? I know plenty of people, including myself, who love the spinoffs (though maybe Enterprise, and not DS9 either in many cases), but who really don't think much of the original Trek on the whole, although we may be appreciative of some of the lore it provided.

Anyway, the Star Trek comparison is hilarious. Star Trek is a media empire that spans books, massive fan conferences, action figures, video games, films, etc. etc., so on. Jericho I suspect will be cemented in the public memory for one reason only -- peanuts. Aw, glorious peanuts...

tv21toons

[12]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 1
    i dvr everything why waste it

tv21toons

[13]Mar 23, 2008
    • level: 1

Peter_vonFrosta wrote:

it was crap but i guess the likable kind good thang next gen came

and i guess books being round didnt hurt

Edited on 03/23/2008 5:49pm

youngpurcell

[15]Mar 24, 2008
    i dont know anyone that hates jericho. Everyone i know and seen have loved it

PiperPrueLover4

[16]Mar 8, 2009
    • level: 18
    agent_0042 wrote:
    No, speaking as somebody who never watched, we just get tired of hearing all the time about how great particular shows are (that aren't that popular and get canceled) and how we're dummies not to watch them, when obviously something's up if it's not drawing ratings and it's getting canceled. And just got canceled again.

When the show first came out, it was generally panned by critics, as well as many viewers. That's why I didn't watch it. I could smell cancellation all over it. Though, admittedly, my sniffer isn't so good as to be able to detect that it would get canceled twice.

Same goes for Arrested Development and Friday Night Lights.

Agreed.

Peter_vonFrosta wrote:

Yes, it was.
    Edited on 03/08/2009 7:11pm

masscas

[17]Mar 14, 2009

It was described as post apocolyptic. Some people may have eronously thought "glow in the dark mutants" , and lots of people bash "just cause".

I am a Jericho fan who has spent over a year fighting for renewal. I honestly don't think that is going too happen now. Though NBC does have a Jerichlone coming out called Day One.

First we heard that a movie was in process. Now we hear that a comic book is comming out.

The implication lately has been "buy the comic so we can make the movie". Is the movie being held hostage by the comic book and the ransom it sales? I don't do Stockholm syndrome.

I'm not into comic books and a season 3 comic just won't cut it for me.

There are comic book afficionados who do just love it, but I'm not one of them.

Edited on 03/14/2009 4:21pm

ratkeeper

[18]Mar 16, 2009
    • level: 5
    masscas wrote:

First we heard that a movie was in process. Now we hear that a comic book is comming out.

The implication lately has been "buy the comic so we can make the movie". Is the movie being held hostage by the comic book and the ransom it sales? I don't do Stockholm syndrome.

I'm not into comic books and a season 3 comic just won't cut it for me.

There are comic book afficionados who do just love it, but I'm not one of them.

Sucess in any kind of merchandising helps a franchise continue. A movie AND a comic book have been announced. Hollywood currently uses comics as publicity for movies, so why pan the comic. I'm not trying to force people to read comics, but continuing to complain about the comic doesn't help Jericho come back.

Gwen

Observant820

[19]Apr 8, 2009
    • level: 10
    I kinda think it ended well. I'm okay with a movie but another season wouldn't wow me too much.... I'd definately watch it though.

Linc-o

[20]Apr 28, 2009
    • level: 13
    Peter_vonFrosta wrote:

Saying that about Star trek is entirely out of place and shows nothing but an absolute lack of knowledge about it.

Star Trek is a franchise, a billionaire franchise, so where does the "pile of crap" definition fits there after being a billionaire franchise for decades...

Star Trek is comprised of FIVE different tv shows that were aired on different periods of time over the last 40 years. Besides the movies, but we're tlking tv shows here.

"Star Trek: the original series" was cancelled back then in the 60's, after THREE seasons.
    "Star Trek: Enterprise" was cancelled a few years ago after FOUR seasons.
    In the middle of that, there were THREE other Star Trek shows which ran SEVEN seasons each one of them.

I don't hate Jericho and I'm not a Trek obsessed, but when I read such a WRONG comment by someone who obviously has NO idea AT ALL of what he's talking about, I HAVE TO say something.

Hope you understand.

Peace.
    Out.