Jericho

Heart of Winter

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Mar 07, 2007 on CBS

• I hope there will be more of these kind of episodes on the Jericho show. Leave the suspenseless sub-plots and build on an interesting main storyline.

In this episode we can see character development of jake green and robert hawkins. Jake goes hunting with two other villagers, but they end up in a serious conflict after they ran into a roadblock. Jake gets stuck under the truck they used to go for a hunting trip, to bring some extra food into Jericho. Mimi goes out for help, and because of her Jake and her boyfriend are saved from a dead by frostbite.

Next to very interesting part of the episode we can see robert hawkings, discovering more about the plans of the people who are threatening his family. After a certain mission with his 'terror-girlfriend', he goed home and is planning to move his family into a save location. The episode ends up with nice material to work out in the next episode. The 'Terror-girl' of hawkings elimininated the bad guy who assisted her in the killing of hawkings team mates. Next to that we see the food and the gasoline running out because of the population growth. So not only hawkings is threathend in the village, but everyone is.
    The only difference is that hawkings and his family got to deal with both natural and human threatening.

I am watching the show from the very beginning right now, and I have to admit that I kinda like the series. But I was getting a little bit bored about the relationships of the other son of the Greens. I also disliked the absence of suspense in some episodes. But in the latest episodes I tasted the same good things, I tasted in the episode Rogue River.

I truly hope the series is getting better every time, because a story about a nuclear-ruined world gives a lot material to build a nice series on. Sorry for my bad english, but I think you readers are capable enough to figure out what I meant to say in this review.

/out