Jericho

Long Live the Mayor

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Nov 01, 2006 on CBS

• It wasn't the greatest episode. But it was ok with Jake's dad getting sick and Gray comes back.

7.8
    First of all while i wrote the review for the last episode i didn't watch this one. I kinda knew that Gray was coming back and he so did. But still i don't know if i could still believe his story or not. This episode was not that bright, but Jake kissing Heather was nice. And the other moment was Jake's dad fell and he needed treatment and they didn't have it in Jericho. So now they are going to get the Medicine one way or another, i think this might be a good story line for the next episode. And Emily talked to his dad and he gave the car to Jake "as a present".
  • In this episode we meet Jonah, Emily's father. The Mayor is sick, Gracie is capitalizing on being the only supplier left in town and Hawkins past is explored a little more. Also, in this episode Gray Anderson returns from Topeka.

7.9
    This episode was pretty good. Early on we meet Jonah, the local organized crime kingpin. He's done well, albeit in a way that is not terribly unique. His character does seem to be more real than the traditional gangster, and I appreciate the fact that he is more of an opportunist than megalomaniac. His introduction into the storyline sets in motion what promises to be a solution to the supply problem that Jericho will soon be having. It also functions as a good way to illuminate what happened in Jake and Emily's pasts.

When Gray Anderson returns, he tells the town about his exploits. Apparently he hitched a ride back to town on a FEMA truck carrying bottled water that got hijacked. Gray has more to him than I originally thought, as his character displays a subtlety that I can appreciate. At least in this episode he isn't an extreme character, which makes him more genuine.

Mimi has her breakdown in Stanley's front yard when she learns the extent of the devastation. I think that the scene could have had more of an impact, but I suppose that abject despair that comes with knowing that everyone and everything you know has been incinerated isn't easy to emote. I don't mind Mimi so much, but I think her role is a little stilted and aimless. At times she seems to be a drinker and an experienced gal, and at other times she seems obsessed with her button down IRS work. Dale (Oh, I have to talk about him) makes yet another gesture to try and win over Skylar. She trades in a jewelry box for diet soda, and when she learns (through Gray) that her parents may still be alive, she wants to get the box back. Gracie says no, and Dale decides that he has to now steal the box and quit his job. I want to shoot Dale and Skylar.

It's not just that I'm a bitter old man. It's because the writers have nothing that shows why these two people even like each other let alone really like each other. It is another flaw in modern writing where simple proximity equals love. If you are a male lead character and there is a cute female lead character, then it's almost assured that no matter how compatible you and she are, you'll end up in love. Personally, I rarely see the writers putting any effort into WHY these people fall in love, and so whenever I see one of these vapid love dramas I revolt. They are hardly even people. I mean, after watching this episode, tell me what all they have in common... nothing. Overall, this was a worthy episode, but it was far from perfect.
  • Mitchell's friends come to get him and Johnston's flu takes a turn for the worse.

It could only be a matter of time before Jake's history came back to haunt him and it does: in the form of Mitchell's boss, Jonah who also happens to be Emily's dad! Not only that, he arrives in Jake's car which he has restored. When the sheriff's office refuses to release Mitchell, Jonah's men take him by force. Jake sees an opportunity with Jonah – he's a thief, he can get things they'll need – food, medicine, gas. The deal falls through and Jake tries to make things right with Jonah.

Mimi, trying to find some normalcy, starts doing paperwork but falls apart when Stanley tries to comfort her. Johnston collapses and desperately needs a type of medicine the town is out of. Jake and Eric immediately intend to go find it and the matriarch of the family says just one word: "Go." Her boys instantly obey. Heather, who's been nursing a crush on Jake, passionately kisses him. He's gonna break her heart. He won't mean to, but he's still in love with Emily and Heather's just not his type. Eric reluctantly asks Gray to be acting mayor until he returns. (That's a recipe for disaster!)

Surprisingly, Emily is the one who fixes things with Jonah, since his one condition was he wanted to see her. After a very tense first meeting, she returns with Jake's car and the food that Jonah stole.

Last thoughts:
    - Gray returns and reports FEMA is active and that New York survived but Washington didn't. The KS explosion was in Lawrence, which happens to be the home town for the boys in my other favourite series, Supernatural.
    - Gracie's shop has become a trading post, since money is now worthless, they've switched to barter.
    - Hawkins learned that Darcy was involved with another man in the four years he was gone. Darcy asks him why he didn't just take the kids, but took her too? What a twisted little family. This new world could give them a second chance.
    - This show's got some great one-liners: Stanley to Mimi: "I see you're awake, it must be noon."

Major new character, new personal crisis and some much needed info on the outside world.
  • Ok, I'm a dork, but...

I was SOOOOO excited when Jake and Heather kissed!! I mean seriously. Come on. I like Emily and all, but I'm definitely a Jake and Heather fan. Anyhoo, more about the actual episode... I like the development/complications with Stanley and Mimi's relationship, Dale and Skylar's growing bond (I mean... awwww! when he gave back the jewelry box? Who didn't think that was cute?), Eric and April's deteriorating relationship now with a kid thrown in, and above all else, Johnston could be DYING. Really. I loved it. Plenty of separate plots to keep it fresh, but not so many that you got lost. One of my faves!!
  • A time to wheel and deal for the betterment of Jericho!

7.2
    Mitchell is willing to make a deal about the food if he gets his way with Jake. Jake and Emily do their part to save the town. As the town survival's depends on staying pulled together we can see that fractures are developing among the townspeople as represented by Gray. He was in it for himself period. The character is going to prove to be bad I think for the town.

It's not unusual for the town to begin to fall apart in a post nuclear world. But it's time for the writers to start dealing with basic issues as well as the major ones.
  • Jake tries to make a deal with a past enemy.

The town needs supplies and Jonah, a former friend of Jake, runs a dirty business that could provide supplies. Jonah also has his men liberate Mitch from jail when a deal goes sour. Jonah also happens to be Emily's father and the father of Chris, the guy who died 5 years ago which was the reason Jake left town.

It turns out Jonah want to talk to Emily in return for helping Jake and Jericho. When Johnston has some kind of attack and they need stronger medication than is still available in Jericho, Emily goes to talk to her dad. Jake and Eric are going out of town to get the medication. Emily return just before they leave with Jake's car. Jonah found it along the road, patched it and now gives it back, even though Jake tells Emily, there are no free gifts from Jonah.
  • This episode deserves a much higher overall ranking than it received. It was well written well acted and only added depth to the storyline.

As above. Johnston always did what was best for the whole. Gray was in it for the glory only. He always makes the easier choices. Johnston, hands down, exemplifies what a mayor should be. One who can make the hard choices, even if it is an unpopular one. Time after time, Johnston has had to reclaim control over Gray's making spur of the moment choices, which were contrived to make him (Gray) look like he is a leader. Gray's goal was to make himself seem more important, he showed no interest in the greater good for Jericho. Thanks for listening. I appreciate it.
  • Review

Jake and Heather kissing was long overdue, but I thought the scene was written evry well with no one really around but the two of them. Then the slow motion shot just made the multiple episode wait just that much better. I dont think anything big is going to happen with Emily anyway, and I have always preferred Heather and Jakes on screen connection to Jake and Emilys.

The introduction of the new character (bad with names) gave us a little mroe detail about Jakes past, but still not enough to give us the big picture of the kind of past that he had before he left Jericho the first time around. I like the scenes between the rich girl and the boy from the store (again with the names). There plotline is so different from the rest of Jericho and I dont know why I like there story so much. Maybe because it just seems like destiny that they are going to hook up,who knows.

I like where the plot is right now, with Jake going off with his brother. Next epsiode should be pretty isolated from the main cast wih Jake and his bro. I liked this episode, towards the end more then the beginning.
  • nice episode

A gangleader named Jonah Mitchell comes to Jericho to bail out one of his goons. This episode opens up some details of Jake's history with the town. We also get to learn about the bad seeds that endangers the people of Jericho. After a nuclear strike on america, the social dynamic of the town starts to take a life of his own. everyone's collective will of survival is slowly turning to a chaotic scenario when people with guns try to impose their will on others, a security vacuum starts
    to emerge in Jericho. Jake and Emily do their share in making sure that Jericho stays safe for everyone.
  • amazing

i love this show ..the last thing i need is another show to get addicted to but this one i cant its truly amazing .. i loved this particular episode because a lot happened .. Mimi got her reality check .. i love the sarcastic streak for her character really amusing ..and the hawking's family ever existing air of mystery, seriously this is the one show i keep watching every bit of it ..and when I'm done ..I'm gonna watch every episode all over again.. i really wish Eric would stop seeing mary she;s bad news..let him just stick to April
  • Shifting values, a shifting sense of what is valuable.

In this episode, we add vintage vehicles to the list of things that used to have limited value but now are quite valuable. In #6, horses and field corn were noted as now being more than recreational beasts and a cash crop to be shipped to market. There is also a gradual understanding developing about the propriety of dealing with those who might earlier have been called black marketeers; but who in the new reality are the only full-service supplier in town. Jake realizes that giving up Mitchell in exchange for the truckload of supplies is a good deal, especially when it turns out that the town ends up with nothing when Mitchell is freed. Jake rightly prevents Anderson from shooting Mitchell. Even under old law, it would have been undue force. Now it would spark a vendetta, and there is no State Police to call in for backup. We learn from Anderson's venture abroad that there is a FEMA camp operating -- is that good news or bad? Also, there is news that DC is gone, the suitcase-bomb attack on NY was thwarted, and that it was Lawrence, KS, not KC that was hit. Understandably, Hawkins' family and Mimi are shaken over losing loved ones; but Skylar is optimistic that her parents may have been spared. This episode had a bit more in the way of relationships being dealt with than I cared for. Added to the earlier drama of Eric-April-Mary, we now have Robert-Darcy, Dale-Skylar, Jake-Heather-Emily, and Stanley-Mimi (Who didn't see that one coming?). OK, I'm willing to put up woth a certain amount of soap for the sake of developing plotlines. But here's hoping that we don't get bogged down in it.
  • Nothing happened. Still, it's a better Nothing than last episode's Nothing.

4.7
    The mayor is seriously ill, and the brothers decide to go to Rouge River to get medicine.

That's it. That's all happened in this episode. The rest? Not even worth mentioning. Seriously. The writers needs to do something. It's unbearable. I want every minute of this show to be enjoyable not only 5. I can't even SAY how much Emily bores me with her 'daddy issues'. Jonah the bad guy, uh oh, everyone, fear him.

At least next episode looks good. Let's hope the writers didn't forget about the nuclear bombs...! Because.. if I want to watch family dramas, I'll watch Everwood or Seventh Heaven. Not Jericho.
  • Jake's character is getting really irritating.

We (at lest I was) were disappointed by the last episode that featured only a tedious mocking-about a story concerning a "gang" outside Jericho making a huge soap opera drama. It was only natural that we expected this one to be similar! And so it was!

The police of Jericho captured Mittchel, that gang guy who almost killed Jake and his mother. Of course he wasn't even the gang main leader as we suspected during the last episode. Someone else was behind it. Who turned out to be Emily's dad.

Now, the show tried to make a bit of cliffhangers, making plots that we have no idea about. It was meant to be somewhat fun and exciting apparently. Well it wasn't! This is getting too much of an opera. Completely eliminating the purpose of this show. This is not a friggin soap sitcom.

Jake scheduled a deal with that gang guy. Mittchel in exchange for the food that Dale found in the crashed train. Now of course, everyone was against. Not that I give a rat's ass, but still, you have to be more strategic considering they're a smugglers gang. Of course later they got Mittchel out of the prison and eventually, the folks of Jericho lost.

It was all merely pointless and to be honest, not that interesting. Now, on the bright side, we learned that Washington, DC also suffered an attack. Though NYC is completely safe, which seems weird too, since it was a nuclear attack. That information caused tears and joy for some. Sky's mom is NOT dead. But Mimi's and The Hawkins' former lives are jeopardized. Sad.

The Mayor fell down in some sort of shock, making a sticky situation. He was near death and they needed medication that the town wasn't able to supply. So again it was up to Jake to save the day. Getting tired of it, don't you? Anyway, he took his car and went to Rogue River hospital. Not that they'll find anything I think. We'll see.

Speaking of Jake, his bad-boy past is getting really annoying.
  • boring, nothing happened. They could make dozen of episodes like this, but it doesn,t contribute anything to what the show is really about.

4.9
    Well that was a waste of my time, what happened? Nothing! to be precise. A vague story about Jake's past and his ex-girlfriends father who is the town bully. All sounds a bit like The A-team should come over and fix it. In the end the boys set out to find a medicine in the outside world of Jericho for their sick daddy. And that is what this story should be about, exploring what is going on outside of Jericho. And not showing stories about horse and food stealing bullies. It should be about the main characters then. Show something about their lives. Hopefully next episode will bring some excitement.
  • excting all the way

they make a deal with the gang leader to swap the food for mitch but it ends up going wrong ann then mitch ends up ghetting broken out of jail by a few other members then jake goes out there to make another deal for the food. and it ends up being that jonah wanted to see his daughter and then jake and his brother try to get medicine for there dad but end up having to go out to another town to get some medicine for him, and you are left with a big cliff hanger of the brothers leaving Jericho
  • More back story , and character building in this episode

This show is starting to be like an onion. More and more layers just keep getting peeled away, and we can see more depth in the characters.

This episode gives us more insight into the relationship btween jake and several other characters. Jake and Emily, Jake and Mitchell.

Then the surprise for me was Emily's father was Jonah, the gang leader.

The whole show is beginning to take on a very credible storyline. I especially like the fact that someone has started asking questions about the new arrivals in town, and especially about Robert Hawkins. This show just keeps on impressing me, and I find that I really can't wait for the next episode
  • about hawkins and the dude that came back

So i think its obvious now that Hawkins was either of the following:
    1. One of the terrorists or group that did the bombings

2. Is a traiter from the group or terrorists that did the bombing.

3. is a spy that infultrated the group or terrorists that did the bombing.

4. is just a well prepared ex spy.

I think he is most likely either the traiter from the group or infultrated the group. He implied that he had a bomb in his steel drum and thats what they attempted to use in nyc.

And the guy that came back is obviously lying and not telling them everything he knows.
  • I can't wait for next week's episode

All in all, this episode went very well. I really enjoyed it and I rate it a 9.8 out of 10. I thought the episode was well written and the actors were great in it. The ending made next wekk's episode look like it is going to be good- Can't Wait!!
  • Finally!!

I\'ve been waiting for it (and others probably too ;P) from the moment they met!! Heather and Jake finally got together. YES!!! I was waiting the whole episode for this, and the lead up, the actual thing, it was all perfect!! As for the rest of the ep, we find out about Emily and her past, and she has to get with her dad (whom she hates) to save Jakes dad. I just hope heather doesn\'t get hurt because Jake will do the dirty on her. I mean, he doesn\'t seem to be that type of guy, but still, I wouldn\'t put it past the writers. As for the rest of the ep, Dale gave Gracie what she deserves, he got Skylars box back, and she found out that her parents might still be alive. AWWW!! And she offered to let him stay at her house ... on the couch of course ... even though they live in a mansion ;P
  • lets go on with it

i was kinda hoping the old man would die ... it was a good option. We can see that is a ENTIRE story behind jake's leaving town 5 years ago, well, its nice that we knowing a little bit of it, but we want more action. I Hope this doesnt go and create the usual couples when the songs are playing and we see each couple bla bla bla ...
  • One of the best episodes of the season, and just in time!

Any sort of stagnation that might have been perceived in the previous few episodes of Jericho was wiped away with "Long Live the Mayor."

The episode does an impressive job of balancing action with romantic subplots. At first glance, it doesn't seem to be about love and romance. But, a number of relationships make significant moves, in one direction or another; i.e. Jake and Heather, Dale and Skylar, Robert and Darcy. However, these plotlines don't overwhelm the episode with emotional elements. On the contrary, "Long Live the Mayor" tends to foreground action and drama.

I actually liked the character Jonah, despite his portrayal as the antagonist. In the post-apocalyptic world of Jericho, it's sometimes necessary to accept that the line between bad and good is a little blurry.
  • Good character development and background

Gray Anderson returned to reveal Washington DC was bombed and New York City was saved. The bombs in NYC was 20 kilotons which is about the size of the 1945 Japan bombs. This isnt big enough to flatten a large city like DC but it definitely caused serious damage wiping out 25% of it. The bombs were planted in trucks so it was terrorism - but who did it, and who supplied the bomb material?

Gray also revealed Lawrence KS (a nice tribute to THE DAY AFTER) was hit. Perhaps it was meant for Kansas City (40 miles away) but maybe the police stopped the truck so the terrorist blew it up there. Gray also revealed that society is breaking down and things are turning ugly as supplies run out. The countryside is turning into something resembling the ROAD WARRIOR. Gray is wondering about newcomers like Hawkins which should make next week very interesting. After what hes seen he going to be demanding answers from Hawkins. Hes pretty much in charge of the town since the mayor is out of commission for now.

After watching COUNTDOWN from the CBS site, its pretty clear that Hawkins knew the attacks were coming. Im speculating he may have been on the team that disarmed the New York City bomb, and knowing this he went to DC to get his family out, figuring the government wouldnt be able to find and disarm the other bombs in time. Fortunately the Halloween celebration was not overly long and was just there to keep a sense of normalcy for the children, and provided cover for Mitchell being sprung from jail.

Jonah, Mitchells boss, is also the father of Emily. Hes not as bad as I thought he would be. Though he is not nice guy, he is a businessman and seems interested in helping Jericho as long as he gets his cut and he looks like he would rather make deals than harm Jericho. Being a businessman, albeit an slimy one, he knows he needs customers for the items he procures. Money has become worthless and a barter system is emerging.

Next week looks even better based on the previews since we get to see whats outside Jericho for the 1st time.
  • Heather finally smackes one on Jake, People start to get realler and the annoying guy who wants to be mayor is back. Overall a fine eposide!

Wow .... what can I say about this eposide sure it still had it's usual Cliqches like usual but it did do better then you usually would see of a eposide of Jericho.

We find the citizens of Jericho celebrating Halloween trying to establish some normalcy for the kids to find Heather asking Emily about Jake.

And then later on have Emily plant a kiss on Jake and play that part out perfectly!

Finally the writers show us a bit more emotion to the citizens of Jericho well done!

The Hawkins thing intreged me even more what specifically was he ?

And I think our Dale will have a more important role to play later on as the writers are slowly but surely showing a different side to him.

Let's hope the creator's can keep this good eposide shrur going.
  • This was a very special episode for me because a few of my favourite couples/ couples-to-be were developed!

I totally loved this episode.....mainly because it focused mainly on developing some of my favourite couples on the show.

1) Stanley & Mimi --- these two are officially my favourite couple, or should i say, my favourite couple to be, definitely. This episode definitely led me to believe that in the future, something will develop between them. Maybe its just me, but i thought something was between them when Stanley told her that D.C was gone.
    Oh well, only time will tell.

2) Jake & Heather --- oh that kiss was great. I have waited since the first episode of this show for the two of them to kiss.....and when it finally happened, it was great. granted that Heather initiated the kiss and Jake only kissed her back....i really hope something will become of their relationship.
    However, i have this fear that Jake will want to hook up with Emily.
    Guess i'll have to wait and see.

All in all, this episode was a very special one for me, because it gives me hope, that in a bad situation love still triumps over all!
  • By now we should all know that this series is about the people of Jericho and not just the nuclear attack.

Gray Anderson returns with news about Lawrence, Kansas(gone); Washington D.C.(gone) and New York City (spared). I love the reaction Robert Hawkins gives after Gray says that New York was spared and that the people who were responsible for blowing New York was caught. *The mystery of Robert Hawkins continues* I still think he's a good guy because he's done too much good. We get a break with some information about Jake and Emily. Emily has a chip on her shoulder because Jake is alive and her brother is dead. I like the Jonah character (Emily's father). If Mayor Johnston does die Jonah would be a great character to elevate on the show. The Mayor is still sick and they actually lost him for a little while but he was revived with CPR. Dale still has a big crush on Skylar and he's loyal to her. Gracie is still getting drunk with "power" with her store. Jake is playing the Hero role and received a big kiss from Heather. :-) That was a great moment.
  • Long Live the Mayor. Thats all you\'ll be saying after you see this awesome installment to the Jericho series.

The Jericho episodes are definitly getting better and better. First a nuclear bomb explosion goes off sending the whole town into chaos. Next, the town struggles for safety and a place to do something, not getting together conflict will start to rage. And now we\'re at the conflict, its just like any good story it has lots and lots and lots of conflict. Jake\'s backstory is starting to be explained without any flashback sequences (as of yet) but, as Jakes past is being explored, the real story is still happening and with lots of questions ranging from Jakes involvement with Jonah to the nuclear explosions, there is nowhere to go for this show.......except up.
  • It\'s two weeks later and things haven\'t changed much in town except for Gray returning and the mayor becoming very ill.

Jake tries to bargain with the gang leader (and Emily\'s father) for food in exchange for Mitchell\'s release, but Gray and Eric don\'t go with it and they are left to break Mitchell out of prison. (still don\'t know what they are doing for food four weeks after the bombs go off)

Gray returns to town with some horror stories to tell and also more information about which cities were hit. We find that NY C was spared as they police captured the terrorists before the bomb was detonated, but DC was destroyed.

We also find that Hawkins\' family lived in the DC area and his wife had a new boyfriend that Hawkins did not know about. He supposedly returned to town and got them out of there quickly and headed towards Jericho (don\'t know what he told them).

Emily finally kisses Jake before he leaves in search of medicine for his dad while Jake\'s mom shows us that \"you better not mess with me look\". I think she should step up and run things.

Nothing more and Eric and Mary or Eric and April (thank goodness), but Stanley and Mimi are slowly moving towards a more intimate relationship it appears as are Dale and Skyler. Hopefully they\'ll write Gracie out of the show pretty soon.
  • Jericho is currently treading water. Which is not necessarily a bad thing considering that you do not know if you are going to get picked up for an entire season at the start of the show.

Clearly, they were unprepared to get picked up for an entire season given the uneveness of the material so far. I hope and demand that the material becomes a lot better. I am not interested in watching a Peyton Place type of show where the interelationships amongst the characters become more important than what they must deal with externally.

Radiation, food and medical shortages, refugees, lawlessness, disease and death should be what this show is about. I really do not care that a young store clerk has 'stolen' back an important heirloom to give back to a young hottie. I'll keep watching, but at the moment there is precious little to distinguish one episode from the other. The mayor has got to step up to the plate, impose law and order, deputize people and plan for the defense of the town.

Again, not bad, but not an improvement upon earlier episodes. Characters do not really stand out form one another and their actions appear formulaic. Gray Anderson is a slight departure from this show's norm. He seems willing to do what has to be done in order to survive.

Tom
  • A speculative recap.

***Some Episode Spoilers Below***

Well I have to give props to this show. While I am wholely looking forward to finding out what's going on with the bombs we launched, i'm loving the suspense.

In this episode we found out that not only has New York been saved from the nuclear holocaust but that Hawkin's was suprised that it had been. Whats going on with that guy anyway? I'm thinking he is CIA or NSA but is he apart of a splinter group faction that is behind the attacks or is he still on our side? The fact he and his family left D.C. just two days before the attack seems to suggest he is apart of the group behind it. I would like to say he is one of the good guys and that the government had some working knowledge of the attacks and he is apart of a contingency group. If that were the case though why was both the president and vice president in D.C. that day. Oh well speculation, speculation.

We also were introduced to Jonah, Jake's former employer AKA: Emily's dad. Jonah is put forwar as a criminal and ringleader to a group of ruthless thieve's but came across as not only a man of his word, but a father concerned with his daughters welfare. It still is left to be seen weather this new man of mystery will be an asset to out fair town or if he will be the new reoccuring antagonist. It's looking like it could go either way.

Our fearless leader Mayor Johnston, not only did is flu worsen but he died...for about three minutes but was saved with "one last breath". Although he is alive for now he was given about 12 hours to live unless he recieved some heavy antibiotic's, which of course they don't have. This sent Jake and Eric on a scavenger hunt for medicine to the next town. I hope he pulls through, I would hate to think of Gray as being in charge of the town. Did anyone else see the look in his eye when Eric put him in charge for the duration of his mission? Gray Anderson is the wrecklessly selfish kind of dangerous that really showed through when he refused the deal that Jake had made with Jonah trading the prisoner for food and keeping the band of thieves out of town. Which was a stupid deal to turn down. Those guys seemed like they would be the kind of guys you would want in this situation. The kind of guys you can get to do your dirty work while keeping your concious clean. I am fairly certain that Gray will turn out to be the major downfall of the town.

This show has definatly got me hooked, so you know what channel my tv is going to be tuned to on Wednesday nights!!

~JC
  • This episode is similar to the lull in the roller coaster ride after a fast downhill ride while coasting to the next ramp up.

7.8
    I was somewhat let down by this episode in the fact that it did not seem as intense as the first 6. It did have some good points, such as: 1. Dale standing up to gracie.
    2. Heather kissing Jake.
    3. Robert's response to NYC not being hit.
    3. Robert's relationship with his wife and the indications of knowing of the "attacks" long before they occurred.

I was somewhat suprised again that Jake's past was specifically mentioned, but any specific info about was averted. I would assume this will be the trend for quite a few episodes to come.

I can live with the lack of intensity of this episode for what appears to be an action packed episode 8.

I will say that overall, this show has far exceeded my expectation of a weekly program that has kept me glued to the t.v. every Wednesday night, which has probably set my expectations pretty high.
< 1 2