Jericho

Long Live the Mayor

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Nov 01, 2006 on CBS

• Jericho is currently treading water. Which is not necessarily a bad thing considering that you do not know if you are going to get picked up for an entire season at the start of the show.

Clearly, they were unprepared to get picked up for an entire season given the uneveness of the material so far. I hope and demand that the material becomes a lot better. I am not interested in watching a Peyton Place type of show where the interelationships amongst the characters become more important than what they must deal with externally.

Radiation, food and medical shortages, refugees, lawlessness, disease and death should be what this show is about. I really do not care that a young store clerk has 'stolen' back an important heirloom to give back to a young hottie. I'll keep watching, but at the moment there is precious little to distinguish one episode from the other. The mayor has got to step up to the plate, impose law and order, deputize people and plan for the defense of the town.

Again, not bad, but not an improvement upon earlier episodes. Characters do not really stand out form one another and their actions appear formulaic. Gray Anderson is a slight departure from this show's norm. He seems willing to do what has to be done in order to survive.

Tom