Jericho

Patriots and Tyrants

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Mar 25, 2008 on CBS

• The sister is allowed to be buried, but what happens next? The army no longer follows the corrupt government, and now what? The bomb is delivered to Texas, and a war is about to start? The End. The show is canceled.

1.5
    Shows ending without really finishing is why many people don't want to watch new series, but wait until a series is into its 3rd or 4th season. Jericho, we are told, is ended. But you really can't tell from the episode that things have ended. It may not have ended with a to-be-continued cliffhanger, but there was much left unfinished, and ends with "ok, now what?" and "well, that was a waste of time getting involved in watching another show that didn't end". At least they (sort of) ended(?) it… maybe?... CBS, if you read reviews, please keep in mind that each TV series that is prematurely ended means the audience is less likely to start watching a new one, and less likely to believe that a new ongoing style is ACTUALLY going to ever get to an ending. CBS may not have been involved with the shows Surface, Invasion, Head Cases, or others that didn't even bother to 'slightly' wrap up the series, but we the audience still get pissed off at TV networks in general for cliffhanger endings. CBS could have put together a 2 hour Jericho series finale that COMPLETELY completed the story instead of a nice end-of-episode-wait-until-next-week ending that leaves us with a whole lot of questions. The show may have "ended" but it wasn't brought to a conclusion.
  • Are you kidding me?

5.7
    So they tell us a war is coming and we all know this series is canceled. This is crap. It tied up, if not neatly, too quickly for my taste. I'm glad Beck ended up being the good guy I thought he was. I didn't cry when they buried Bonnie, because I thought they dragged her death for a while. I would love to see how Jericho defends itself against the Cheyenne government, this is what kills me. The third season could be so awesome, but damn the people who canceled it! I really liked the old time spirit the Don't Tread On Me flag brought to the town. Like pioneers. Even Gray turned out to be a good guy. I will really miss this show. And I only started watching it a eight days ago.
  • This is the best series to date on t.v. it needs to show a episode called government revolution!!!!!

This is the best series to date on t.v. it needs to show a episode of revolution to show the recap of whats going to happen between the two governments on the show also how does th city of jerhico react to living without no more support from the corrupt government and does any legal actions happen or the war begins on the show cause the war should be more than two episode it needs to b more than one show ...it would get more fans also get more support and change a worlds view on war by the downfalls and the good...
  • Disappointing

This episode was very disappointing to me. They spent way too much time on Bonnie's funeral and not enough time on the bomb story. It would have been better if they had allowed two hours for the finale instead of one because they just had too much to wrap up in 45 minutes. It felt way to rushed and I didn't understand who two of the characters were. That would have been a great third season if they could have made it the whole civil war. Instead now you have to decide if America even survives the next civil war and whether you think Hawkins dies, but for some reason they did let us know that Mimi and Stanley would be together. All in all I think they could have done alot more with this episode, but I am very sad that this great series is over.
  • End to the show that should have kept running...

I do not know but for me, this little 7 extra episode proved very well there is so much to talk about yet, story to tell and there is so much potential and perspective in it. The last episode - it had tensions switched with calmer moments, a lot of things to wait and see. The action on the middle was somehow the best part or Gray returning to Jericho and see what had happened with his city. The end was somehow little slow and I was expecting something little more but no worries - it was stunning show and a really great one...
  • Jericho: The Final. Tuesday night we bidded farewell to one of the best shows in some time. It will be missed.

Tuning into Jericho it was sad to know that it would be the final episode that we would ever see ( unless another network is so kind to pick it up ). Although this wasn't without a sigh of relief that it would end on a high before it became a tired and redundant concept. Fear not Patriots and Tyrants delieverd on nearly every level, not only was the story neatly tied up without seeming clumsy or rushed but it also gave us a ending that fitted well within the story frame. It was touching to see the burial of beloved character Bonnie and Major Beck finally unvieling the truth. A excellent end to a brilliant show, if it doesn't come back then at least we are left with something very special.
  • great episode

Jake and Hawkins find a way to get to cheyenne. getting there turns out to be a problem when they are both being hunted down by the cheyenne government. there only way out is to drive to a texas embassy where they can seek political asylum. it's a really exciting episode. the aerial dogfight scene was awesome. back at jericho, beck learns the truth about the cheyenne government after sifting through hawkins' computer. Stanley buries his sister at the family cemetary close to their house. it's a really conclusion to jericho. it gives a possibility for future episodes, but at the same time it gives a satisfying closure.
  • Another great installment, it wasnt the most conclusive ending but hey we have CBS to thank for that

I'm giving this score of 10 for the finale episode of season 2 of Jericho partly based on the episode and also based on the whole of season 2, which even though it was short and fantastic. For the episode itself, it held up quite good, if you forgive the loopholes (how quickly they got to texas etc etc) and not the greatest of ending (even though the last bit of dialogue was great) then this episode was great. The pacing of the episode was the best yet from Jericho how they structured the story between Jake and Hawkins, Beck and the other characters on the ranch was seemless considering all three stories had different feels to them. Anyway everyone knows this show should of been cancelled (twice!) and maybe it will get picked up. Whatever happens its still nice to see great orginal stories still getting shown on tv, well done Jericho
  • CBS once again kills an excellent show. They hurt it in the first season bye such a long delay over the holiday and by not promoting it.

CBS has once again killed an excellent show. One of the few shows on TV today that actually had a plot and good character development. Let the adults please have a show instead of more stupid game shows. Hopefully Sci-fi will pick this show up or some other cable outlet. It has a rabid fan base that lots of cable networks would love to get. The actors in this show were excellent. Skeet Ulrich and Lennie James did excellent work week in and week out. Another issue CBS only gave this season 7 weeks so they had to cram 22 eps of content into something a third the size. Obviously the finale had enough content it could have been 5 shows if it were allowed to play out. Lets hope and pray someone picks up one of the few good dramas on tv today.
  • Fast paced, gripping television. There had better be a season three. Don't make me send more nuts. :)

I have to say I absolutely loved it. Admittedly the pace was a bit on the fast side, which resulted in some chop. It should probably have been a double episode back to back. That said we were warned at the beginning of season two that this would be a short season with a full story arc, so the pace was inevitable.

After this season and particularly this episode I can safely say I am even more hooked now than I was at the end of season one. Here's hoping the studio remembers they have a good thing going and gives us a season three. Bring it back soon.
  • Jake and Hawkins risk all to expose the conspiracy

jake ,chang and hawkins determine the bomb is being moved in an ambulance with security dressed as paramedics.They attack the abulance jst after the bomb is loaded killing several"paramedics"one of them is revealed to be mister smith who wounds hawkins before jake wounds him.They escape with the bomb ,hawkins is badley wounded but he directs jake to a coumpound in town.The texan embassy ,who give them asylum and medical attention.Meanwhile in town an aliiance is considered between new bern and jericho .During a roadside meeting constanino advocates stronger methods in order to break the soldiers moral and will to fight.Stanley buries bonnie and the ASA soldiers show up to arrest them all.before they can, beck orders there release having read the files on hawkins captured laptop ,he realises he on the wrong side.He tells his goverment to stick it and the rest of his division join him.he tells them to prepare for war.Jake and hawkins board a plane to texas with the bomb,unfortunately cheyenne sends two fighters to shoot them down.

An all time classic piece of tv.the civil war begins but texas is on side with ohio and our heros now believe they have a fighting chance of winning the second american civil war.
    Utterly fabulous ,how often do you get to use those words when talking about a tv show?
  • I like the parallels to current events.

The thing that I liked most about this show is that the patriot citizens were willing to stand up to the corrupt, illegitimate government. That is a brave and very hard thing to do.

The following are possible parallels to current events:

A private corporation owning/creating a country - reference to corporate power and influence in the U.S. government. This is probable a reference to the mega mercenary company Blackwater an/or Halliburton. Both companies are making big money in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

Gray Anderson said, "This convention is a sham. And when it's done I don't think there's anything this government is not going to have the power to do in the name of national security." - reference What George Bush and Dick Chaney has been doing to this country for the last 8 years.

The "patriots" in this show are the citizens standing up to the corrupt, illegitimate government. Patriots in the show do not obey their government blindly. The citizens are the government.

I know this is obvious; September attacks - reference nine eleven
  • Action packed and fast, too fast!

Action packed and fast, which is also here its greatest problem lies,I had to classify this episode as informative, because it felt so rushed that alot of the tension had been drained out of it because you felt you where running a marathon at top speed. hat also bothered me was the introduction of a 'trusted' character who dies 2 minutes later,was his death meant to of shocked us, i thought that whole fight seen was a little shabby and they could of done far better, as they have showed us so many times before.
    I do however like the thin lide they tread on giving us the satisfying conclusion yet leaving it open for continuence.
    If only they had more time, some one send them some more nuts!
  • In the Series Finale of Jericho Jake & Hawkins travel to the capital of the Alied States of America to retrieve the bomb made by Jennings and Rall to expose them as the the ones behind the "September Attacks"

Great episode, I could watch it 100 times & probably will if the series is not picked up by another Channel. I loved how they left the plot open to return if another station bought it from CBS. I was really worried that they were going to kill the whole cast off at the end of the series like they did with the Soprano's. Their were a lot of things that happened in this episode I didn't think the writer's would do & it really keep me guessing what was gonna happen to Jake after every commercial break. All in all great send off for a series that will at least live on DVD.
  • A satisfying, albeit shortened version, series finale that I am sure CBS would have preferred to realize after a longer than 7 episode season.

I saw the Nielsen ratings for the finale, which was a 1.9 (or 6 million viewers). Obviously, that is not enough for them, or for a show at this time slot, which is a real shame. Good shows, like this one, should have thrived. But, sometimes the day and the time slot just don't work. Certainly, the shows' plot, acting and production was top notch.

I can't help but see the parallel of this show to our current political environment. J&R is Halliburton, and Cheyenne represents the current administration. I'll leave it at that, since YOU can surely draw the inferences from there.

Sorry to see Jericho go. It certainly would thrive as a continuing series if sold to a cable network, like TBS, TNT, USA or LIFE. I know I would follow them there.
  • It is wrong to give this episode a low rating just because CBS screwed us over. Rushed as it may seem this is a very special "finale" that is NEVER officially the end!!!

I knew this episode would only inspire Jericho fans to fight even harder for this series a second time. Even if this is the last we see of it, I think it was well done and kept me satisfied as a potential ending but let's face it...there's about to be a civil war and the show is over? How can that be? It seems to me that the civil war is going to be the climatic point of the series. A real Jericho ending would end with all of America being one nation...the U.S.A. again Jennings & Rall free of course, and finally getting back to normalcy. Jake still has to hook up with a girl (I wont say which one I prefer in order to keep this neutral) and other things need to happen before this series can close its doors.

If CBS wont give this show another chance, then another network is gonna steal the spotlight. This show is going to make TV history (remember the final lines in this episode?) as one of the biggest underdog shows of its time!! May Jericho live on forever!!!!!!!!
  • i need more

it was good, but we need one more at least..
    for the sake of the fans...
    the last one was awesome, with all the paralelism between histories, end the support of texas, the fire in the sky at the end, but i just got that feeling that was something missing, it was too much information for a 40 minutes episode..
    you know, a double episode could be the perfect choice..
    end we need to know how would be the future of the characters, end the way that the country will handle the war..
    so go nuts writers, end give us all just one more, just one..
  • I Refuse To Classify As "Series Finale". What More Do You Need The Writers To Do To Pick Up This Show? Season Two Comes To A Conclusion, One Of The Best Seven Episode Sets Ever...

I'll be honest, it wasn't a picture perfect finale by a long shot. When the final credits roll of a supposed 'series finale' you don't expect to have any questions left. Obviously, there were a lot of questions left about the show as a whole, but the writers pulled out all the stops to bring us the best seven episodes of television that they could. With a budget not much better then a daycare drama, how could you have asked for more out of this season. I was a "nut-turned" fan and I wish there had been many more like me who turned in to watch it after that campaign.

Anyways - to the episode itself. It started out pretty slow, but picked up as it got closer and closer to the end. Jake and Hawkins storyline was obviously the one we wanted to watch, as they had the most riding on the line. Then going to see Gray Anderson was a detour that I didn't think was needed, but when Gray walks into Jericho for the first time I thought that was a beautiful scene. Jake and Hawkins then steal the bomb (you know Jake wasn't staying in the car) and drive into a Texas-protected embassy with it. Winner! Didn't see that one coming from a mile away. They now have their ticket to Texas and two figher planes save it when Cheyanne planes want to take it out of the skies. I thought that was a great scene and to do that under such a low budget? Even better. They get to Texas, expose the conspricacy, and Hawkins and Jake together (the two great masterminds of the show) deliver the closing lines about making history. Perfect final scene.

All the scenes at Jericho were good enough, they were just filling in some of the gaps for Hawkins and Jake. The one I really wanted to see with another moment with Mimi / Stanley and we got it. Thats the only relationship drama on the show I was interested in at all and the writers gave them a great final scene. I thought the scene with Stanley and the group burying Bonnie was also really well done. Beck has a change of heart and sides with everyone else. Overall, not the best flowing perfect finale, but it got the job done in the long run. Terrific final line, one that I will remember for a very long time to come.

Long Live Jericho!
  • Simply a classy way to end a series.

I am terribily disappointed that more people did not start watching this exciting and though provoking show.I guess more people just want to be mindlessly entertained by seeing people dance or sing than to be entertained by something a bit more challenging. The Jericho series finale shows how to end a series on a exiting and postive note. There were many "right on" moments on this last episode.The wounded Hawkins willng to sacrfice himself and a stubborn Jake unwilling or Hawkins to make that sacrfice.The whole Cheyenne sequence was exciting to watch from the stealing back of the nuclear bomb to the air battle with the Texas Rangers coming to the rescue. The burying of Stanley's sister after all that time had past was heartbreaking.Many of the actors/actresses were outstanding and I will definitely miss Lennie James' Hawkins character as well as Esai Morales' Major Beck character as well.I found it amusing the the actor who plays the villianous Constantino also plays the comedic cop on Psych and the actor that played the villian Marlo on the Wireplayed the kind hearted Army Corporal in the burial scene on Jericho.I will definitely miss this show and it though provoking protrayl of how American citizens respond to a crisis in this country.
  • Jericho finishes on a very high note that shows exactly why it shouldn't have been cancelled.

I've got a bit of a feeling of déjà vu whilst writing this as I remember writing a review for the season 1 finale and at the time having to look back at the show in general as there was a good chance that would also be the series final. Fortunately that wasn't the case and we've been given another seven quality episodes, but this time the season finale is almost definitely the series finale. After last week's episode it seemed that they couldn't possibly finish off the story in a satisfactory manner and this is was one of the great things about this episode, that it didn't finish the story. They could've rushed through everything and given a happy ending but that would've cheapened the overall show. Instead they finish off the second season's story arc and give enough closure for the show in general to keep the viewers happy.

First off Jake and Hawkins were trying to get back the bomb and met up with Mayor Anderson in the process in Cheyenne. It was nice to see Gray again as he's come a long way from the unlikeable character he was in season one. Instead of just second guessing Johnstone's moves he's shown he is a good choice for Mayor of the town. Anyway, Jake and Hawkins tell him to head back to Jericho to see for himself how had things have gotten before meeting one of Hawkins' contacts. His contact seemed a bit thrown in for convenience, but considering Hawkins' background it's perfectly believable that he could know someone who'd be able to help them.

His contact however doesn't make it through a cool fight sequence where Hawkins is also injured but saved by Jake. "Mr. Smith" finally reveals himself to be 24's George Mason, although runs off straight away so his story can't be explored any more. But again this is what works in this episode. There's so much going on that they couldn't cover it all so pretty much playing points like these as if they would get a third season was the best choice. There's then a great high speed chase where they burst into a Texan embassy (which was a nice touch in the Jericho universe). Again the way Hawkins seemed to be able to get a hold of everyone he needed to quickly and easily enough seemed a bit of a stretch, but for the sake of the finale I was happy to buy it.

The Texan embassy gave them a plane to get the bomb to Texas which was when it appeared Hawkins was going to sacrifice himself for the greater good. This would've been a great way for his character to go out, but what they did instead was even better. Jake refused to let him die and dragged him onto the plane too with the best line of the show: "I'm not debating either, I'm ignoring you", awesome! Hawkins is a great character and the decision to not kill him off ended up being the right one. Of course it wasn't over yet and Jake and Hawkins ended up being followed by two fighter jets. But just when it looked like they were totally screwed the Texas fighters came in to save the day in a scene that showed off some incredible CGI for a TV budget.

Back in Eric seemed to be on the verge of joining with New Bern's Constantino which as Stanley pointed out couldn't end well. Fortunately after a quick scene between the two of them Constantino's remarks made Eric realise that he's the bad guy and joining him would be big mistake. Fortunately Major Beck finally found out the truth about the Cheyenne government and so let Eric and co go free as well as releasing the military hold over the town. The full effects of this decision can't be fully shown in this episode but it gives a good bit of closure to his storyline as well as that of those in hiding.

Again this seemed a bit convenient but because of the great way Beck's been written and acted throughout the season his actions were perfectly believable which helped sell that scene. On top of that Stanley got to bury his sister and essentially married Mimi (on Bonnie's grave which I thought was a bit odd). It was an emotional-ish scene but felt a bit forced within the episode. The two emotionally charged scenes put together the way they were took from the overall effect a little bit, but to be fair that's my only real complaint in the entire episode.

So the show ended on a relatively happy and positive note. Gray putting up Johnstone's "Don't tread on me" picture as the flag was a great statement to end the show on. Although we didn't get to see the fallout of the proposed war that the country would now be thrown into it was heavily implied that "the good guys" were going to win. This episode was jam packed and didn't waste a single second of screen time to move the story forward. Although this made certain parts of feel like things were going by too quickly considering what they needed to do in the one episode it was perfectly excusable. The ending was great, if not fantastic, but was certainly the best way to end the show. Had we been given a quick epilogue type thing showing the war and everything that's to come within five minutes it would've cheapened the experience.

Overall this was an excellent episode and a great way to end the show. That's most likely it for Jericho but it accomplished more in a season and a bit than most long running series ever do. Jericho was a truly great TV show that created an impressive post-apocalyptic type world that was very believable which is a testament to every part of the show from the production design to the actors to the writing. Now everyone go out and buy the DVDs so that a Serenity-esc movie can be made for it!
  • Sad to see a show like this die with a 39:20 Minute Ending!

A lot say its a great episode and all but..... not my favorite one! im actually a FAN of jericho but the story and the episode was shortened dramatically

"lets go to Cheyenne" 2.5 seconds later... they are in Cheyenne?? SERIOUSLY????
    like a million blockades they had to pass through to get to cheyenne someone wanted for terrorism and no story or problems about their way?? C'MON CBS first you cancel the show and then you don't even give them a chance to end the story right?? at least a 2HR ending would be more decent!

Any way! at least they gave us an ending not like last season!

Will miss jericho
    One of the greatest shows ever! (canceled as usual by a lot of suits thinking about money instead of viewers satisfaction!)
  • In today's episode we saw a conclusion of sorts. Hawkins and Jake succeeded in taking the bomb to Texas and thus Texas sided with Columbus.

Today was a very sad day, because we saw the end of one of the best pieces on television ever. Jericho, had everything you can ask for. It had a good backstory setup, intrigue storylines and very good writing.

In today's episode we saw a conclusion of sorts. Hawkins and Jake succeeded in taking the bomb to Texas and thus Texas sided with Columbus. By having Texas aircraft attacking Cheyenne's one we have witnessed the beginning of the second American Civil War. Now the good guys have a fair chance of winning with Texas siding with Columbus.

RIP Jericho ... you were definitely one of the best shows ever!
  • Series Finale? I certainly hope not. As I type there is hope a cable network is picking this great show up!

What CBS did, with very little promotion, is cancel a show that could have survived the strike induced shortened TV season and Jericho would have mushroomed into the success it was!

This episode was rushed, horribly so, as the writers put together a finale that should have spanned seasons and not one hour. Hawkins and Jake get the bomb on a plane and Beck realizes that Cheyenne is a corrupted and leaves with his troops. Gray shows back up in Jericho and Stanley and Mimi's story wraps up. The action was good, the writing was nop notch. And it was painfully obvious this show had so much more to offer had CBS gave it a chance to do so...
  • Jake and Hawkins race to save the state of the nation, while the town of Jericho attempts to open the eyes of Major Beck and his troops.

This show ended on the note it came in on... perfection. It showed grace, style and a sense of why most people are proud to be Americans. It was heartfelt, well thought out and playe dlike a perfect book end to one of the better shows on tv. Sadly enough, I think this show was just too smart, too intricate in its details and too difficult for most people to understand. The main reason it is off the air is most people just want to watch reality competitions (mindless), crime dramas that require no deep thinking because they spell everything out for you or comedies that have lost all the viewers altogether. Sad to see it go, but it was a good run.
  • BRING IT BACK!!!!

Well I honestly didn't think they could end this series and wrap almost everything up. Without going into major details, as they will be written about lots - I think the writes, director and the actors did a terrific job in wrapping up the series. They not only got the bomb to Texas so that they could open up the government conspiracy, they got the funeral done, the wedding sort of happened in it own special way and the Army on the good guys side. All week I was thinking there is no way they can wrap it up, but they did - now they should rename the show and let's get the civil war on with! Of course CBS is to dumb to do that. This was an excellent series and I wish all the actors the best of luck in the future.
  • An exciting series comes to an end - This review is a retrospective of the series finale the past year and a half. Some spoilers.

7.9
    First of all, I want to thank the whole creative team behind Jericho for their hard work. This was a good show, and it had a lot of heart. I was hooked on the premise when I first tuned in, and I stuck with the show until the end. Last season, each episode was filled with excitement, culminating in a smashing cliffhanger with New Bern. The new seven-episode season started out strong... new characters were introduced(Beck)... old ones died (Bonnie's death was a shock/I never thought that CBS would allow Stanley to shoot Goetz in the head on TV) and the stories were solid.

Last night's finale was good, but it seemed like it was rushed, which left some holes that had to be left to the imagination. In one scene, Jake and Hawkins are talking in Hawkins' cabin about getting to Cheyenne. Hawkins is a wanted man, and he and Jake are in hostile territory. Five minutes later, they're in the heart of the ASA in Cheyenne in the mayor's hotel room with no real explanation of how they got there. We know that they must have encountered military patrols, checkpoints, possibly road gangs, but somehow, they've made it. Same thing with the mayor. One second, he is in Cheyenne, but then he sees Jake and Hawkins, and bam, he is back in Jericho with no problem. In one of the other reviews, I noticed that one fan commented that too much of the finale took place in Jericho (Bonnie's grave, Stanley/Mimi, etc). I disagree with that viewer's assessment. This show is called "Jericho," not "Jake and Hawkins." The writers had to find a way to tie up loose ends, and it was only natural to try and bring closure to each character, which is difficult to do in a normal finale, let alone forty-five minutes. I wish that there might have been an additional episode (perhaps a two-hour event) to really resolve wrap things up. As I said, this episode was rushed. I suppose that it was necessary for the bomb to be transported by plane to Texas. Again, given the time constraints, that was the only way to do it. If there had been more time, there could have been a story about smuggling the bomb out by truck or train. There might have been many things... and I guess that's what I am left with: A good show that might have been more if it hadn't ended prematurely.

Oh, and by the way, CBS, if you are reading this, it was poor taste to air a commercial for Sprint during the finale, which asks customers to "follow the bomb so that they can learn more about next episode." Clearly, there will not be any more new episodes.
  • Too happy?

I guess since this is the series finale, things were going to get all patched up. But wasn't it too happy? Bonnie gets buried, Beck figures out that the government is corrupt, the Rangers are off the hook, they get the bomb to Texas, Hawkins lives, and Stanley and Mimi get married. I thought it was a little out of character for the show to work out. But this being the finale, maybe it's understandable.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the finale. Hawkins and Jake's trip to get the bomb was the most, and maybe only, exciting part. I loved the parts with Jake in the plane. I guess it was lucky he knew how to operate that thing. Right? I like how Beck finally came to his senses. It was a nice little surprise for his men to see the truth too. I also like Johnston's flag being put up. It was like he was part of the episode. The only ones who were missing were Darcy and the kids. I know that they added no benefit to the story, but his being the finale and all, they should just be there.

So long, Jericho, you will be missed. There are many shows that have long overdue series finales, but you weren't one of them. But sometimes even the most beloved shows end. Like Hawkins said, you made history; maybe not as a long-lasting award-winning series you could have been but as the one with the biggest fanbase.
  • The most amazing episode of Jericho, ever. Why does this show have to be over?

This tv show has been worth every minute of my viewing time, and this episode made for one of its best installments ever. I'm not going to go into the whole plot right now (probably will later) because I'm really shook up right now. It'll suffice to say that I was on the verge of tears nearly the whole time, from the first few seconds to Hawkins' brilliant lines: "So how does it feel?" "What?" "Making history."

I just wish they hadn't ended it here. Patriots and Tyrants made for a spectacular season finale but our thirst for these characters and their fates is far from over. Sc-Fi, USA or whatever channel: please consider the value of tv milestones like this and pick up the genius that is Jericho! I keep on hoping.
  • CBS cancel the show again after never giving it a chance! bad time-slots and pretty much none existant promotion!

This was a great season finale episode, possibly series finale! we see some of the conspiracy's come to a close and it ended with us having some answers, which was nice instead of leaving us with none! the only good decision CBS have made was to air the none-cliffhanger ending so we had closure at least! but i still think CBS are stupid for cancelling this show again! do they actually realise how much of a fan base the show has! did they not learn that from the nuts campaign to save it the first time!

CBS are going to lose i think a lot of viewers from different shows because of this, the Jericho fans will do anyting in order to get the sow back again, but to be honest i would love some more episodes and seasons BUT not on CBS! CBS suck and it will only end up getting cancelled again! i have hopes that SCI-FI will pick it up! i think they would benefit from the having all of the Jericho fans on their side!

Shame on you CBS, shame on you!
  • The series finale? I hope not. But even if so - it was perfectly fitting.

Jericho didn't start off as strong as it ended. It was somewhat bumpy in the start. Perhaps thats why the audience lost interest and the ratings sunk.

However, halfway the first season it got great - and the last quarter was simply heart pounding non stop edge of your seat suspense with awesome action and drama.

The second season continued that, and the last 4 episodes have been probably the best of the series.

If anything, this episode was perfect. It puts and end to the "exposing Cheyenne" storyline and also ends the defend-Jericho storyline, at least against Beck and company.

While these two may be the biggest plot threads of the show, there are many doors opened, making the show easy to continue.

The victory is not in Texas' hands yet, and some of the characters haven't been fully fleshed out just yet.

Was a bit odd how we didn't see Valente but it wasn't neccessery. I always thought the series finale would end with the "big shots" (the president, Valente, etc) being taken out. But this way, it was actually somewhat better and more belivable.

I really loved the Jake/Hawkins dynamic in this episode. It's usually good, but this episode it really worked. And oh my, how sweet was it when Jake was flying the plane? Knowing since season 1 he can do that, it felt like "so THATS why they told us 16 episodes ago!". Okay, maybe they didn't have this in their heads back then, but anyway, a really nice coincidence.

I've also give my congratulations to the visuals. They've been lacking this season due to the lowered budget, but this episode had real nice cinematography and CGI, especially the plane scenes. As far as the Jericho storyline goes, somewhat slow, but I loved it. Bringing back Constantino just for one scene was great. I liked that, in the end, Jericho never turned into a mad max-esque town. Gray's arrival near the end showed that it was on that way, but that's simply not the way to go down on.

Speaking of which, having Gray back was awesome. He wasn't a good character, actually - for the most. But now, I totally thought he was needed to be there. The small Johnston reference with the flag - heart warming, to say at least. Referencing him also adds to the "finale" feeling. Despite the fact he died only 7 episodes ago, it feels like forever...

All in all, I wonder what the cliffhanger ending would've been. The bomb's not retrieved? Beck's executed? Hawkins dies? However, I don't think this ending was worthy a "THE END" at the end of the episode. It's still open enough to continue, but if this is the last we see of Jericho, it's still satisfying.

All in all, great show, great ending, the mis-steps are forgotten, let's all remember the good, which won't be too difficult.

LONG LIVE JERICHO!