Jericho

Patriots and Tyrants

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Mar 25, 2008 on CBS

• Too happy?

I guess since this is the series finale, things were going to get all patched up. But wasn't it too happy? Bonnie gets buried, Beck figures out that the government is corrupt, the Rangers are off the hook, they get the bomb to Texas, Hawkins lives, and Stanley and Mimi get married. I thought it was a little out of character for the show to work out. But this being the finale, maybe it's understandable.

Don't get me wrong, I liked the finale. Hawkins and Jake's trip to get the bomb was the most, and maybe only, exciting part. I loved the parts with Jake in the plane. I guess it was lucky he knew how to operate that thing. Right? I like how Beck finally came to his senses. It was a nice little surprise for his men to see the truth too. I also like Johnston's flag being put up. It was like he was part of the episode. The only ones who were missing were Darcy and the kids. I know that they added no benefit to the story, but his being the finale and all, they should just be there.

So long, Jericho, you will be missed. There are many shows that have long overdue series finales, but you weren't one of them. But sometimes even the most beloved shows end. Like Hawkins said, you made history; maybe not as a long-lasting award-winning series you could have been but as the one with the biggest fanbase.