Jericho

Patriots and Tyrants (Alternative Ending)

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Mar 25, 2008 on CBS

• What a great episode! Someone pleeeeeeease renew the show!!!

The last Jericho episode was titled Patriots and Tyrants. It was filmed with two separate endings. The original episode ended with a cliff hanger to be resolved in the third season and the second ending, closed as many loose ends as possible so that the amazing Jericho fans with their constant fight and refusal to let the show die won't be left in a lurch. Towards the end of the second season, as the crew already knew the series was not going to be renewed for it's third season they released the second ending which, as I said, made an attempt to tie up loose ends. The episode was aired on March 25, 2008. The episode was great and, disappointing. Why disappointing? Because while watching it I knew that chances are that there would be no more Jericho and that the episode I was watching was the last Jericho episode I would see and that all that would be left of the great show was the constant debates in the forums on what should be done, what could have been done and wild speculations as to what will happen to the show. Much to my excitement, about a week ago the original ending was released on the internet. I'm quite sure the studio released it , or that it was released with their consent as a final attempt to draw more fans and, most important, other networks, to the show.

At first I thought that there was a mistake and that I was watching the previously released episode but then (spoilers ahead) when they get into the van and go to the airport it all changes. Hawkins gets out of the van and blows up the radar tower while Jake heads out to the plane. Then Hawkins sacrifices himself so that Jake can get away. He's then captured and taken to prison while Jake heads back to Texas. Where he plans together with Chavez to rescue Hawkins. What a great episode! I love Jericho.