Jericho

Pilot

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Sep 20, 2006 on CBS

• Review

After reading about the cancellation that was overturned I really had no choice but to try this show out and I think the first epsiode was exactly what a pilot needs to be - makes me want to watch the second episode. Once you get into a show, it can have several bad episodes in a row and youll still watch because you have invested so much time in it. The pilot episode always tends to be one of the best because it needs to keep you coming abck in week 2. It needs to be a good episode. The story started off well, I like how they didnt make the explosion the thing that happened at the end, instead deciding to make it happen right in the beginning and then taking the episode over from there. Jake is a good charatcer, I could see him holding up the show on his own. The pilot kind of stands for itself - it sets up stories but for the most part everything in this episode was solved. The myster prisoner that escaped from the bus should prove to be interesting, and the black man seems to know more then he leds on. But that could just be me. SOlid pilot, I will be watching the next episode right now.