Jericho

Red Flag

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Nov 22, 2006 on CBS

• The first planes in months appear over Jericho, dropping supply pallets near the city. The mayor doesn't know if they can trust them, though, and everyone is scrambling for a piece. Eric and April try to figure out where they stand, too.

This was a pretty good episode, although the Eric/Mary/April triangle doesn't interest me all that much. In this episode they focused on the supplies and the reality of the situation they are in.

I liked how the supply drop was mysterious, and I liked the way that they still have little idea what is really going on. I do find it odd that more people don't wonder aloud more often, but that's really nitpicking. The supplies move the plot along, as the scramble for them puts people at odds with one another. Jonah and his crew make a play for some of the dropped supplies, and the tension was a good addition.

Oh, and there was absolutely no Dale or Skylar in this episode! Woo hoo! There is a sub plot with Hawkins' family. He's been a pretty bad father, so he deserves the ire of his kids, but they're kinda beating a dead horse at this point with everyone telling him that he's been a pretty bad father. For some reason, he tries in this episode to make good for his family, and I like the resolution, but it left me thinking that they were easily impressed. It's debatable, but I don't think that I'd overlook years of neglect and absenteeism for such a little gesture. I hope they play it right, because if this one thing made them an atomic family I'll be calling them on it.

This was a solid episode.

Be sure to watch until right before the credits roll. I won't spoil it.