Jericho

Return to Jericho

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 14, 2007 on CBS

• This episode fills in a lot of gaps leading to the circumstances before the attack. Primarily, we learn about Emily and her finance' Roger; Hawkins; and Jake. This episode really cinches together a lot of loose ends.

This episode really means a lot to the story of Jericho. In this episode, the writers have gone back and filled in a lot of gaps that had been nagging me as a viewer, and after watching this episode, I know a lot more about the events leading up to episode 1.

It's a good episode in a couple of ways. One is that it satisfies my curiosity about what is going down with a lot of characters, and two is that it fills in a lot of filler that would have seemed meaningless or out of place in one convenient package. Learning about Roger had been an ad hoc proposition before this episode, and further development would have seemed sloppy. This entire episode is a series of flashbacks, so all of this stuff fits together and doesn't stick out too badly.

This was a good episode. I think it is the first real glimpse we get into what went down around the country. It took them half a season, but they finally got around to letting us in on what happened.

I rated this episode really highly not because the acting was stellar or the directing was superior or even that the writing was awesome. The editing was done well, but for the most part this is a standard episode. What makes it mean more is the way that it ties the plot together in a way that could not be accomplished by telling the story chronologically. You have to have seen the previous episodes to develop the want to know more, and then this episode comes along to fill that need. It is a solid episode in many respects, but its location in the season displays a new level of storytelling. I really enjoyed this episode. If you are watching the series in order like me, you'll be pleased after this episode.