Jericho

CBS (ended 2008)

gabfan31

Jericho Fan Reviews page 12 of 16

• Bombs have hit the US and we get to see how one small town copes with what has happened

I really enjoy this show. The way the characters interact and the story unfolds keeps me waiting for the next episode. The only thing that I don't like is that there is no real rationing of supplies, the amount of times you see heaps of candles all over the place makes you think the town must have had a candle factory.

I can't wait for it to return in the new year.
  • Really can't wait for the return of Jericho. Great Show with a different story line than any other. I think this show will be a great success. I encourage anyone to watch it and say otherwise.

I was really upset when I went to watch Jericho this past week and realized it was not on. I thought maybe my kids had messed with my remote so it didn\\\'t get recorded. I was really saddened by the fact I did not realize the show was going to take a \\\"breather\\\". However I will be watching for it to come back on. I think that if anyone will sit down and watch the entire show they will be really impressed. It has a great story line and a great cast. The show really makes you think of what some people have went through over the years that has to deal with their homelands being bombed. I think the show is GREAT! But, anyone interested in a show that is different from CSI (which I love all of them) and different from any other show that I have watched on TV. It will get you on the edge of your seat. You don\\\'t know whether to cry or laugh from watching the show since it aired it has taken me through the emotions that is for sure. I think this show will be a HUGE hit once it has a normal season.
  • A good show to make you ask \"what if?\"

When I first saw the plot summary for this show, I chalked it up as another mass media play on the common fears our society has lived in for the past 5 years. While that verdict is still up in the air, I did start watching the show at episode 3 by suggestion, and watched the first 2 episodes online to catch myself up. I was suprised that it quickly joined my meager weekly list of \"must see\" shows. While the soap opera contents of the program could go away, the other aspects of life after the unthinkable do tend to make one think of what they would do in that situation. Would I be sitting around in a bar after life as I know it has come to an end? Doubt that very seriously. I could see myself as one of the horsemen, starved for information about the rest of the world and going out in search of it. At any rate, the realm of the unknown keeps this show interesting, and makes one want to see what\'s going to happen next week, whether Hawkins unveils the mystery behind his sudden move to town, or what Jake has been doing for the last few years. Top that off with the beautiful Ashley Scott, and the show is easy to become addicted to. Considering all the reality shows and other tripe saturating network TV nowadays, Jericho is definitely a show worth watching.
  • I enjoyed this finale episode just like I’ve enjoyed this whole first season of Jericho. Tho I was disappointed with the whole Emily and Jake thing.

I enjoyed this finale episode just like I’ve enjoyed this whole first season of Jericho. Tho I was disappointed with the whole Emily and Jake thing. Yes, they have a past, once upon a time they were in love but they’ve grown since then – they’ve grown up and grown apart. From the very first show there was the lingering issue of “will they get back together…” I personally was hoping they wouldn’t. Why? Because it’s so very cliché. We’ve seen it done in a hundred other shows. I wanted them to find again their closeness again yes, but I wanted that to be more along the lines of them knowing they had each other to talk to and depend on as they rebuilt their lives. Why does it have to be romantic? I like Heather. She’s a little bit of a “Little Miss Know it All” but she’s trying. She sees Jake for whom he is now and likes it. With Emily and Jake, the past is always going to be hanging over their heads. BUT, now with Roger showing up at the end I think Emily is going to be busy for a while. As far as Roger, he looks shell shocked as do the rest of the survivors from the plane. I can’t wait till next season to find out what they went through, what they’ve seen. Will this be enough to change Roger? To make him want and respect the simple life that Emily wants but he didn’t? I don’t know but it will be interesting to find out.

Johnston – he lost the election. We knew this was inevitable that Gray was going to get his chance. The interesting thing to watch now will be Gray and Jake’s interactions. Jake has lost a lot of his “power” with his Dad losing the election and I don’t see him following Gray’s orders. Jake didn’t agree with a lot of his father’s decisions but he did what he felt he needed to do without completely defying his father. What’s going to happen now? Jake was the one that was training some of the town’s people in patrolling and protecting the town. Now what? Gray doesn’t seem to want help or team work, he only wants to control situations and have people follow his orders. And Hawkin’s? Who is he actually working for? The last message they sent to him was a warning. What are they going to do? Will he finally come clean to Jake? Will we learn more of what Jake did while he was gone?

Dale shot Mitchell. Will he die? What will Gray do when he finds out? Dale did what Gray himself wanted to do to Jonan. Will he charge Dale?

I’m very much enjoying the show so far, yet I”m still left feeling like I want more. I love that we’re seeing what is happening to “small town America.” I just want to see what is going on else where also. Maybe when the people that Hawkin’s works for comes to town we’ll start gaining a bit more knowledge of what is happening outside of Jericho’s borders.
  • Jericho is a new drama series on CBS about life after a nuclear attack on The United States. One city Jericho must adapt in this new world if it will survive.

Jericho is a great new series that will have you watch the show every week. The show takes place in 2009. In the city of Jericho, Kansas. The city is located near Denver and citiizens of the city see the nuclear bomb that destroyed Denver. The Citizens of Jericho must now adapt to the new world. Jake the "hero" of the show he came back from his past life to Jericho to be in the middle of the bomb attacks, he must now help the city survive. The City is in turmoil aswell as merceneries try to invade and take the city, the city takes the stand and wins. It also has to go through an election during this time. Jericho does very well combing the drama and the action scenes and does well for it's first season. The show is a must watch and if you are into dramatic movies and like suspense you will enjoy Jericho.
  • Good show but not that good,\'Nuke USA\" yeah that bomb was not that big really if you really going to nuke the usa it better a big Nuke.We can\'t surive a small diry bomb.

5.9
    Where\'s MAD MAX when you need him?
    Yeah,that kind of end of the world stuff is really better.There to many stories of course so will have to keep-up with the rest of the plot stoy arcs in this type of show.
    But more action is needed to keep my interest I don\'t mine post nuke attack tv show as long the some decent action on the show and that what we need here.The cast is great and all,but still it seem slow soap opera like.Other show have this type of pacing,and when I watch I fall asleep.
  • Jericho is a good,nailbiting show!!

Jericho is a show following the lives of people in a Kansas town after being struck with nuclear bombs.Every week they find themselves trying to survive without any communication from the outside world. This kind of show makes you feel that you are actually there in Jericho. It is full of suspenseful action and hard-hitting adventure you've come and known from CBS. With all the good reviews it has been picked up for a full season. It is sure to become a favorite from the Central Brodcast Association (CBS). It leaves you with a cliff hanger at the end of every episode. Jericho is a phenomenal show!
  • I like this show; it keeps me hanging every week!

I feel this show is good but the acting is not perfect. I will continue to find out what happens but I hope it doesn\\\'t get cancelled like Invasion. I like the plot because it is something that could very well happen to us in this day and age. Not that it would happen like the show intends but it may even be worse. It is quite realistic.
  • Jericho is wrapped around a Brisk Plot, but the lackluster acting and clueless direction is mowing it down

Jericho in a word is different, the story is quite fresh and the possibility of becoming the next big thing is also present. Jericho is a small town in Kansas, after the US almost gets destroyed by Nuke attacks, the citizens of Jericho must survive on what's left. our central character is Jake Green, who apparently ran away from Jericho due to some conflicts in his past and disappeared for 5 years, due to the nuclear blast and some unfriendly circumstance, he ends up regrouping with his family and basically surviving the Apocalypse that has erupted upon them (just trying to sound fancy, folks) yes indeed a fresh plot for a change, but sadly, more often than not, you will feel that the show isn't being used to it's fullest, first and foremost, the acting in Jericho is laughably bad, each person seems to suffer Bell's Palsy, whenever they talk, their expression lacks depth, emotion or any other thing you'd expect when you watch some Professional Actors going by their business. the direction also feels quite clueless at times, sure the plot is interesting enough but how long before these people actually run out of resources? and the show started looking like Implausible writing gone wrong. add to that,many characters just give the feeling that they are there just for the sake for it, Dale Turner for example, his acting is pathetic, coupled with his weedy build, i fail to see how he can actually contribute to the show, aside from taking space in the screen. Jake green is the only character the show puts most emphasis which is while understandable doesn't justify why interesting characters like Robert Hawkins and Gray Anderson are being ditched. to cut the long story short, Jericho has a compelling plot and a story which could *POSSIBLY* make it the next big thing, however for that to happen, the directors should ditch the love triangle crap they are trying to make and truly focus on the suspense and Sci-Fi portion of the program. all in all, Jericho is a great show, clueless, but great, if you can mind the bad acting and some other flaws, it's surely worth a watch. 7/10
  • I love the show, its shows a small town that doesn´t know what is happening and shows also their doubts, fears that are innerent to every human.

The secrets that everyone tries to hide, the lack of everything that we normally have.
    Jericho is some sort of tv show "cult" that someones love and others hate.
  • Worst show ever

Worst show ever

I gave this show a chance watch all 10 episodes. Seams to me that George and Dick wrote script themselves. Just to summaries in sixty six words: stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.
    What a waste of time.
  • Great idea for a show

Jericho is a show that tells the story of a small American town after America gets hit by a nuclear attack. They need to defeat several basic results of the attack and try to get their lives back on track. The main character is the rebel son of the major, who has been gone for 5 years and returns right before the bombings. Nobody knows where he went and he\'d angried a lot of people in Jericho before he left. All the regular characters have their secrets and are al played by very good actors/actresses. I also like the story about Dale and Skylar. Hope they can keep the show interesting. If it keeps going like this I\'m going to stay watching!
  • i use to watch this show and now dont

3.9
    this show was pretty cool then i saw like 6 of them and i said this is going to be like lost of something. someone find something and there is meeting someone deads they get scare and so on. now i said to my self why i am watching this and then i stop watch it and find a different show to watch.
  • Jericho, a show about a town that survives neuclear bombs.

I really like this show, it is an intertaining show to watch. It\'s lots of fun, seeing how people react to a disaster, and it plays on peoples fears of war reaching the united states. The first few episodes were the best so far. In my poinion how the towns people delt with the immediate problems of the neuclear fall out and such were much more interesting to see. At this point in the show it is turning more tward a \"who can you trust\" theme and has the feel of an episode of LOST. But other than that I have no problems with this show at all. It is a great \"What if?\" sort of show!
  • about a post-nuclear attack town in kansas.

I thought this show would be great when I saw the preview. I looked forward to the premiere date and when it came, I loved the first episode. then the second was good, then the third one was ok.... You see where I'm going? the reason I loved this show was the heartpounding suspensefull moment(like saving the little girl in the first episode). But suspense gets old when it's the same pattern and the same person doing the saving. Why won't the writers delve deeper into the nuclear attack and how it happened and who did it? I think last week may have been my last episode of this show....
  • With regard to character development, Jericho is a huge disappointment. So much could be done in that area to further draw in the audience. To bad the writers are too lazy to think something up about the characters\' past.

It’s time to get real about this show. Don’t get me wrong. I enjoy watching the show, but mainly because I’m an end-of-the-world story lover. I mean, those kinds of stories fascinate me and scare me at the same time. But I think I’m in the minority when it comes to THAT reason for liking a show. Now for the part where we get real. Who are these people? I mean, we know their names and a teensy weensy bit about their past and that’s it. I know that much about any given kid who takes my order at McDonalds. Every time one of the characters is asked what they used to do or some question that might give us some insight as to who they are, we get some cryptic “Neo-of-Matrix” style answer. You know what I mean if you’ve seen any Matrix movie. Neo: Where do I find this thing. Oracle: You will know. Neo: How will I know? Oracle: Trust your heart. Neo: What day is it? Oracle: The answer is within you. Silliness. This is contrived suspense and I think I know where it’s coming from. Actually there are two possibilities. 1) The writers haven’t actually developed the characters yet and even THEY don’t know the answer to the questions, or 2) the producers are attempting to keep people watching by deliberately withholding information. That last one is generally a no-no when it comes to story telling. If the character knows the answer to the question and they don’t have an obvious good reason for not answering it, then the writers need to let the listeners/watchers/readers off the hook and have the character answer the question. To do otherwise is hackish at best. In the last episode (Episode 8: Rogue River), Jake finally reveals something of his past at gunpoint. He drove a truck in Iraq. Ok, this was a secret to be kept from an entire town? C’mon! And if he was lying even about that why keep the information from the audience? It’s not obvious. At this point to me, Jake is just an idiot. The writers have given me no reason to understand why he’s not telling his family about “where he has been.” Maybe the writers/producers think that is clever, but it’s not. Keep holding out and people will stop watching. I mean, look at Lost. Now that is a show that let’s you know about the characters and who they are, complete with flashbacks of their pre-disaster lives. I have to say that with regard to character development, Jericho is a huge disappointment. So much could be done in that area to further draw in the audience. To bad the writers are too lazy to think something up.
  • I love this show!!!!

Jericho has turned out to be a great drama, with a little bit of everything. Love, tragedy, drama, what lies ahead, secrets, I mean what is left. I find the show very interesting with today's terror threats, I mean could this really be us one day? What would you do? What would your community do? Would you all be able to pull together and live and share and take care of each other or would it be every man for himself? It is a real question to ask yourself. I live in a small rurual community and I believe most everyone would help and pull for each other. I mean you are going to have a bad apple in every bunch but the real heroes emerge and the people will follow. I can't wait from week to week to see what happens, I can't stand it if I miss an episode. I will wait until 2 am in the morning just to watch it online. I am 35 years old and I have never loved a show as much as I do this one. It just gets better and better in my opinion. A PERFECT 10!
  • I love this show - it is snapshot of society!

Forget the possible war / terror attacks. Look at how certain individuals and groups would conduct themselves in this situation. Some still have moral and ethical dilemmas others don't, law versus lawlessness This show has hit the mark in today's fragile political world.

The Countdown episodes are a nice tie in to the show as well. They add just enough background to keep you coming back for more.
  • Great suspense. Watch it every Wednesday!

Great idea for a new show. Has drama, action and some romance. Skeet Ulrich is the main character. My viwe is that this show, if it doesn\'t watch out will become more of a soap than an action-drama show.
    And of course when there is a blonde and a brunette in the story pretty much going after Skeets character. Its gonna be good.
    There are many questions being asked about this show which gets people involved. Questions like \'Who did this\' \'Why did this happen\' \'Were there more bombs dropped on other cities?\' This show is one big mystery.
    We will just have to wait and see.
  • Easily on of the most disappointing shows on television right now.

3.9
    This show fails in every possible aspect; dreadful and embarrassing. Set-up with a great premise, a nuclear holocaust, the series falls way short to create any feeling of real disaster. Week after week, the audience can watch a mediocre soap opera, while you would expect a grim and dark drama, in which everybody is forced to fight for the mere survival. Jericho lacks any sense of realism, but offers a lot of overdone melodrama. If they wouldn't mention the nuclear bombs in their retrospect every time, you could easily think you are watching a fireman drama or an O.C. clone, depending on their story of the week. The writers came up with a lot of badly written stock characters and (of course) one mysterious hero with a unknown past. This is one ridiculous show, but its apparent success is even more mystifying to me.
  • I think Jericho is masterfully written to have mystery, action, and humor during the time of "the end of the world." It really made me start thinking about how actual people would react to such a thing in life. I can't wait for the next season

Jericho really makes me think of what would the world be like and are we actually ready for a disaster. I know that it could happen, hopefully not in mine nor my children's lifetime. I am glad to see that writers take into account how the actors feel about thier characters and were they should lead in the story. I love the mystery behind some of the characters. There is no history really given about the characters, you just barely a hint of who they are and I love that about the show. I like watching extra "hints" from the internet site on CBS.
  • Jericho is a excellent show and every episode that I see makes me want to see the next one more.

Now that I have seen the first six episodes of Jericho it is fast becoming one of my favourite new shows.
    The story line is interesting without getting to massively complicated to the point where you don\'t know what is going on but still I can foresee lots of twists and changes till we even have a vague idea of what happened.
    So if you have not seen it before it\'s definitely worth checking out as I can see it becoming a classic show as long as they keep up the standard of episodes.
  • started badly...getting better and better!!!!

this is one of the few shows that actually started a dissapointment,but then grew as each new show followed to the point now where jericho is actually a must see for me now.most shows start out strong then go down hill from there.. jericho did the complete opposite!!!the characters are not what you call immediate favs,you gotta watch them enough to let them grow on you(im now like totally in love with the farm guy with the deaf sister..lol)the only thing that holds this show back now,is the lack of the strong female lead.ashley scott is terrible for lead female but thats the only bad thing...overall the shows are compelling enough to over look some of the obvious flaws,whitch are appearing less and less...:)
  • One of the few new shows that I actually really enjoy and make a point of seeing each week.

This is a new show that I am thoroughly enjoying. It is growing and fleshing out each week. The characters are developing as each episode unfolds. The characters are all for the most part flawed, some hero's some not. There are hidden agenda's, secrets and lots of underlying tension. There has been much talk about it being unrealistic, but it is not so unrealistic. In a limited tactical nuclear strike with dirty bombs, and conventional bombs used it is not too far from what could have been the truth in the past and who knows how close it is today. I do have some knowledge, granted it is somewhat dated, as I was in the military, worked on a tactical nuclear base and believe me it is not that far fetched. Do some real research, not propaganga, and you will find that nuclear war is survivable, even near ground zero if you are well enough protected and stay indoors for a certain amount of time and then haul butt when you do leave. Yes emp will affect many things, but it has a limited range, and older vehicles, and I do mean older.. I believe, but not sure that most pre -1975 should be ok.. there are a lot of factors.. and beyond everything, the reactions of the people, the unfolding events are all possible, looting, paranoia, the lost class of people who are used to living on nothing, on the edge have a better hope of suriving than someone that has never had to scrounge, never had to struggle, never had to sleep outdoors etc.. there is a lot of truth and the emotions, real.. It is a television show that could not have aired in the 70's or 80's because it was all too close to the truth and people were already scared senseless about it.. It is a good tv show, it has an interesting premise and the characters are getting stronger week by week. Hopefully the writers will continue and not fall into the tired trap of the same old same old drama... I am loving the show more as time goes on. I think the reason that people are so divided is this, this is not a comedy or an action show. There are comedic moments, there are dramatic moments, this is a people show.. it is about the interactions between the characters, the love, the pain, the hate, the fear, the jealousy, the day to day feelings that we have about people. People are put into a pressure cooker situation and the show evolves on how they react. I actually think that this show is beyond most of today's audeinces. I think as a late 70's or 80's show it would have been appreciated more, before the days of huge special effects, reality tv that is not reality, and such. I love it, I hope it stays on the air a long time. It is growing, evolving, building. The characters are developing more dimensions, filling out, as they should. You can not start a show and have everything filled in and ready to go. There are characters you are not sure if you want to love them or hate them. The show blurs the lines between good and bad, it shows that good people do bad things, bad people do good things, people make choices, and have to live with those choices.

Nicole
  • I loved this ep. Was sooo good! Especially the whole Jonah thing (who by the way i used to have a thing for in one of the other shows he was in. I think it might have been a soapie or something amongst other things)

About the whole Grey coming back into town. He is NOT a good person. Not in the slightest!! I dont like him at all. He is a walking time bomb and something happened to him out there to change him.
    I loved the whole Emily visiting her dad thing,i think that could be a good thing for both of them. No matter what her dad did in the past,she really needs him now the world is falling apart. I loved the way that Dale stuck up for that girl and she took him home to her house,and i am really starting to dislike Gracie. Did everyone see the stuff she had in the back room? I think she is getting greedy... Finally Mimi shows some feelings. I think it is great,and i loved the fact that they didnt have her and stanley jumping into each others arms. It just wasnt the right time. Oh Robert... I really feel for him.... Its hard enough knowing that he obviously has had a huge job to do over the last years he was away without coming home and finding his wife has a bf. And also it was sad the little girl losing all her friends,and the fact that Robert had to find out about the bf (Doug) from her. Poor Jakes dad... OMG,i was so on the edge of my seat while they were resucitating him!! I really hope nothing happens to him. It was so gorgeous the way that him and Jakes mum were talking in the beginning,and she was telling him off. Its the sort of relationship everyone wants to have when they are their age lol I was really happy that we got away from the Mary/Eric/April thing this week. It has just been in it too much and quite frankly without a decision being made,it was boring me to tears... Oh ok,im giving in... Mentioning the kiss!!! Can someone give me a HEll Yeah!!! Now that is what i wanted to see happen. Wes,i loved the look on his face too,it was sort of an OMG,how cool thing,and and the biggest shock ever at the same time! Good on her. I would have done the same thing Just adorable.... lol Now lets see them take it to the next level! lol (yeah im a smut bunny...lol Let me write the scene!!! LMAO!!) Ok,so now i cant wait for next week.Bring it on sooner rather than later!!
  • Keeps up the tradition of Lost and Prison Break: A great, thrilling first season.

This show is my new best friend. It is written in the best tradition of mystery or action dramas like Lost and Prison Break, because it offers a continous thrilling drama which just lets you wonders what happens next. Therefore it might rumble through season 1, but could have serious trouble if a a second season is picked up. after a while a never ending story just becomes boring - always has.

Anyway, so far i can not wait for the next episode to come. i will keep on celebrating to watch this show and hope the thrill will never end although i know it eventually will. let us just hope it will take some time!
  • A good, human show...

Tough this show gets bashed around for beeing not too realistic, I actually enjoy it for the human touch rhat is put in the show. We can see the tough choices everyone has to make, I also like to see how the people's backgrounds comes back to haunt them even after a nuclear apocalypse.

Even tough the message is often americanized, It's a nice change to see a post-apocalyptic show showing values of honesty, teamwork and family. Even trough I doubt that things would work half as good in real life as they do in jericho it's a nice way to keep beleiving that people can overcome everything...

I will keep watching the show, since they always leave you hanging for next week.
  • a decent show with a lot of potential

nuclear holocaust? uuUUuuUUuu this is nice, and dont tell me you never dreamed of seeing the Fallout game on show?! Well, this show is the closest one and has a lot of potencial HAS LONG it doesnt get lost in the small usual love stories of people, we have to look at the big picture! its a NUCLEAR war and we wanna see THAT eXactly! i dont care if jake gets the blonde or the brunnet and so on, war death and a lot of suprises thats the formula!!!!
  • A nuclear holocaust the whole family can enjoy.

Jericho doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. Sometimes it wants to be "The Day After." Other times it wants to be "Lost." The rest of the time, it wants to be "7th Heaven." Let's review the setting: terrorists set off nuclear weapons in major metropolitan areas across the United States. Jericho, a stereotypical small Kansas town is completely cut off from the rest of the world (or whatever is left of it). The natural progression from this angle would be some kind of high stakes, high tension drama in the vein of "24." Instead, Jericho approaches it from a traditional family-hour drama viewpoint with only occasional grit relunctantly thrown in. This is slightly baffling to me. Consider the opposite: would a series featuring the growing pains and life lessons of a Midwestern suburban family be best told using real-time high-stakes action? Of course not. It just doesn't make sense.

Jericho should focus on trying to be Jericho. It should allow itself to be a good action/suspense show and drop all the family drama silliness. Either that, or move it to the Hallmark Channel where it belongs. I'm sure the lead-in ratings when teamed with "Walker, Texas Rangers" would be literally tens of people.
  • LOVE IT!!!!

I really love the show. The acting, for the most part, is good. I do find some low points in it though. I think that Skeet Ulrich's character, Jake makes the entire show. I like how the viewer finds out more about his past in each show. I do, however, wish it would move along a little bit faster. The only question I have for the writers is about the food. Isn't it a known fact that radiation would have caused all the crops to be contaminted and unedible, and also how is that the people had to go below ground during the storm, but the horses owned by the Green's survived? The show is really good and I have not yet missed an episode, but I do wish they would fine tune somethings within it. Having said that, I think it surpasses today's TV. It is very engrossing and I am eager to see what Hawkins role is in everything and what Jake has been doing for the past 5 years.
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16