Jericho

CBS (ended 2008)

gabfan31

Jericho Fan Reviews page 2 of 16

• Petition

I placed this on my profile and the Jericho profile. Sign, like and/or share it please. Lets see where this goes.

I have started a petition. This isn't for politics, nor religion. Oddly enough I am starting my first petition for the dramatic television show of Jericho. For those of you who don't know, Jericho is basically a television show about what life could/would be if there was a complete nuclear wipe out of our country and how citizens of a small town have come to cope. Sign this petition if you want to see the show back on the air, but don't just sign it for the fact that it is just a show. Sign it because like books "Anthem" by Ayn Rand and/or "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury, it makes you THINK. If you have not seen the show watch the first two episodes, and if you like the show, or if you've already seen the show and like it add yourself to this petition. If you wish to be added "Like" this posting or add your name to a comment and be sure to share this post. Let's keep this going!

1. Edward Flores

19. Milan Jakimov

20. Sam Mills-Cotten

21. Michaela Lynne Matthews
  • Great Show That Ended Too Soon

I recently began watching this show on Netflix, just for something new, and I was immediately hooked. I went through he entire first season and then the second (if you can even call 7 episodes a full season) in about a week and a half. I think the show portrayed a post-nuclear America very well. As for those who say there were too many amenities still around, just because bombs went off does not mean that suddenly every single aspect of modern life disappears. Perhaps if this show took plave over several years I would understand the skepticism but as far as I'm aware, it was only a couple months. Overall, I thought the writing, the stories, the acting, and the final product were excellent. My only complaint is that Jake (the main character) was not put in enough dangerous situations...call me crazy, but thats always my favorite part of these types of shows. But hey, what can you do.
  • Jericho, a show that could have been a smash and then some.

7.4
    When I first heard of jericho, I thought "wow", a show about nuclear disaster and mankinds final battle. The First episode also promised a lot. Mushroomclouds in the sky, terrorised people and such. How can they ever cope with that ? Well until now surprisingly good. Or should I say only in the US they can survive nuclear rain and corn that is exposed to falldown ? After 3 months in this apocalyptic scenario everyone is still cleanshaven, washed, their bellys are filled with good food, everybody hangs out in bars, plays pool, drinks whiskey .... as if nothing bad ever has happened. They still have wast amounts of energy, everybody still drives cars and the IRS is still after their money. Not exactly how I would expect people behaving. But ok, it happened in this great country under the star spangled banner where people are known for their calmness and foresight.
    I probably still watch and when this show is over i will ask myself "why did I use so many hours of my life for THIS" ?
    Shame
  • Absolutely Awsome!

I love this series! I have been watching it on Netflix for three nights in a row and I cannot tear myself away! I've done 20 episodes in three nights--and I look forward to completing the first season tonight. This coming from a girl who seldom watches TV--in the last three years I think I've spent under 25 hours watching TV. And I've already spent more than that this week watching Jericho!!!

This report (below) says a movie is in development--and I sure hope it is!

• Can you say CHEESY?

I tried to get into this show, I really did. But it is just too cheesy for me. The acting, the music, the production quality, everything about it feels cheap. It just has that low budget, find it in the cheap bin quality to it. Maybe I'm used to quality shows like Lost, Grey's Anatomy and even Friday Night Lights,(FNL can be cheesy at times, but is at least watchable and entertaining). I'm surprised Jericho lasted as long as it did. I personally will not waste my time with this show. But then again, I couldn't watch Smallville for the same reason.
  • Why do I always miss these shows?...

I just started browsing through YouTube's new show channel feature, and came across this show. Curiousity got the better of me and I began the pilot episode. I was hooked within the first 30 minutes wondering what the heck was going on after the bomb. I was literally glued to my seat and left with a dropped jaw with the ending scene of all the dead birds. This is by far a fantastic "what the heck is going on series"?

As usual once I begin to get into aa show, I find out it's cancelled and never get to hear about them when their actually on tv. Atleast I can catch up with what I missed out on, online with Youtube.
  • Great idea for a show, so poorly executed.

Jericho's premise was great; it had all the elements needed to build an outstanding show, but unfortunately got the wrong writers, the wrong actors, the wrong producers. I'm still wondering why it actually lasted one full season before its first cancellation, when it should have lasted no more than the usual 13 episodes.

Seriously, this show was messed up by all the wrong people working on it. And I'm not talking about the details; I'm not that kind of guy who's looking for the goofs and all that. I watched the whole show, and all along the way, while I was looking forward to see the obvious good things that should have been done, all I got was the perfect example of how to screw up in every possible way what was an awesome idea.

It's not CBS's fault. The network, as annoying as they can be when they cancel shows whose audience was twice of Jericho's audience, has nothing to do with this show's demise. As said above, it was so poorly executed by all the parts involved, that it's actually some kind of miracle how it lasted one full season.

Sorry guys, but that's the truth. Jericho was always way too far from awesome, even was far from being good. All that was good from it, was the original idea. Go find the right writers, actors and producers, and start it all over again. Damn, if even a cheap show like Stargate SG-1 lasted 10 seasons...
  • I was interested in this show ever since the fans rallied together to get it back, so I marathoned it on Netflix. And while the show was highly enjoyable, I didn't think the second season return was nearly as good as the first season.

If you're on Netflix and wondering whether or not this show is worth watching, you should know that it is. It's better than a lot of the dramas on television today, and there are a lot of reasons to love it.

First of all, the brothers' relationship is really strong and interesting, and it doesn't shove the "we're brothers! We do for family!" like Heroes did which was overkill to the max. I really liked the way the family relationships were handled so that it wasn't an overwhelming element even though it's obviously something you can't ignore in a small town.

Especially in the first season, there was also so much mystery and suspense that there was definitely an "Oh snap!" factor, mostly surrounding Robert Hawkins and the various cliff-hanger endings. Also, Timothy Omundson's performance blew my mind. He was so good in his role, and so different from his role on Psych that I was pleasantly surprised (not that I ever doubted his acting abilities, I was just surprised to see him). Lastly, I liked the main character and his leadership must more than the likes of Jack on Lost or Peter on Heroes. Plus Skeet isn't the amazingly perfect good-looking type, which I really like because I find imperfections to be more interesting and in this situation, more believable. In conclusion, if you have free time, give this show a shot, but know that the first season is very, very different from the second season. Still if you watch the first season finale and see the cliffhanger, you won't be able to resist watching the last seven episodes. But it's worth it overall. I am certainly grateful that it gave me a lot of nuclear/what if/what the heck is up with Hawkins/how could this show change so much factors to think about during my college final's week. Thank you, Jericho.
  • Jericho is a sleepy little town in Kansas about to be woken up with a bang. A barrage of nuclear attacks on various US capitals leaves this town isolated, and living in fear.

Though this show has not aired yet, the video promotions found here at tv.com and on the CBS website are overwhelming. It is reminiscent of the movie, The Day After but promises to deliver a more human connection with more fleshed-out character development. CBS is toying with the idea of an internet storyline to go along with the television episodes to add a more personal, interactive component to the show. This innovative extension will hopefully attract a broader audience.

It is refreshing that a network has come forward to offer something new and creative, lets just hope the fans and execs give this show the time to develop the characters and storylines. The knee-jerk cancellations have resulted in many spectacular shows, such as FireFly and Miracles to be yanked off the air before anyone even had the opportunity to see them. These shows are the precursors--trailblazers--to trends that develop and emerge only a few years later. Case and point: Ghost Whisper and Medium are popular shows that fall in the same genre of Miracles, though in my opinion pale by comparison. These two dramas premiered merely a year or two after Miracles.

ATTENTION CBS : Thank you for something new. But if I could make another request, give it a full season. You paid for the episodes.....might as well show them!
  • One of the best shows on television, if not THE best show on television.

An hour ago I had just finnished watching Jericho; every episode, and it left me almost speechless. Jericho has it all, the drama, the action and even the humour. It's the classification of a show we all want to see more of. It's got everything, perfect plot/story, perfect cast, perfect everything. Every episode was exciting and engaging, it makes you want to watch the next episode, and then the next and so forth... Shocking turns of events happen all the way through the series, both seasons are enjoyable, and I couldn't think of what more they could add. It ends with every state except Cheyenne declaring war on the newly elected government. We don't need to see the war, the outcome is obvious so the series does not end with a cliffhanger. In my eyes, the ending was perfect. Even better than the ending was the plot in the first season, where we watch the town struggling to survive, wanting food, electricity etc... The second season was of the same stature, we understand that the government is corrupt and everything. We find out about almost everything through the induction of the character Robert Hawkins. Nearly everything in the show relies on him, and the actor did a great job to portray him. Jericho is a superb show, and we want to see more shows like it.
  • Still the best show ever on TV IMHO! It will be a loooong time before any show, if ever, will match what Jericho has. Only when, not if, they bring Jericho back will any show match it! (Obivious Man winking ;))

Glad to be back, it has been a long vacation (?) or hiatus. Been a Jericho Ranger from Day One. Been reviewing the DVD set and taking notes. Not notes on how the show was produced, directed, etc. But of lessons learned from the plot. Preparedness is in my blood, and Jericho hit the nail on the head! In all my years trying to get others to do some sort of preparedness, this show finally is my ally! I have converted more people to think of "Being Prepared" in the two seasons of Jericho than all of my time prior to Jericho. And I know that I am not alone! I am sure 9/11 helped as well. God Bless America.

Be Prepared,

USPatriot57, Texas Jericho Ranger
  • "Jericho" is the first show in many seasons that I am clued to the screen.

I love this show. It's about the only really good fiction entertainment ON television. I am so tired of criminal and law shows, the comedies are mindless, as is reality tv. This is an action packed, suspenseful, yet oddly realistic "what if" scenario drama. there are similarities between this show and the plot of Pat Frank's classic novel "Alas Babylon" (1959). I would definitely recommend this show to fans of the drama/sci-fi genres. Actually, I would recommend it to just about anyone! If you're looking for a good time watching TV, then this is the show you should be watching. I definitely enjoyed it, and I know you will enjoy it too.
  • Just an awesome series that kept me wanting more after each episode!

Why on earth would you want to remove such a great series as Jericho, just boggles my mind. Was definately one of the best series I have seen as of yet. Kept me on the edge of my seat all the time. I liked the cast, the setting, everything about it was awesome...just awesome! I liked the fact that it was based on a time we live in and the things that happen(nuclear explosions, etc.) is actually not too far out of reach. Because we live in a time where that can easily happen. That's what really kept this series interesting for me. I actually found myself rooting for the cast and hoping to God they'll make it through and so that the good overcomes the evil. Even sent a few tears to my eyes a few times. Awesome, awesome series. Please please please bring it back!!! :(
  • my review of Jericho

My review of jericho.. to start off with can any of you loyal viewers tell me if they actually have peanut farms in Kansas?? It would seem like that if they do that peanuts, which grow very low to the ground..would be one of the quicker vegatation forms that would absorb any ambient/residual airbourne/waterbourne radiation fallout thereby contaminating the local foodchain to the extent that they were being used as part of it. Making them if contaminated useless as both a food source or bartering goldmine to the remaining survivors of the attacks.. this much is believable. As far as the remainder of the show goes...... there would be rampant human and animal mutations vegation ones as well, so then why are there none of these on the show...if it is going to call itself science fiction, which has to have a basis in actual science to be believable... this aspect is totally lacking, and one of the major reasons why I personally find it to be unwatchable, you all have your rights to watch any shows that you wish.
  • Thoroughly enjoyable, and will definitely be missed.

I'm saddened that Jericho has once again been taken off the airwaves, but as I live in the UK have been unable to play any part in keeping it alive - I don't think it's been picked up by anyone over here. Season two had got off to a promising start, with far more action and intrigue than the first. It felt as though there was more depth to the characters and plot, and the crew were clearly settled into their roles and having fun.

How this show didn't attract a wider audience is beyond me, with so much crap on tv this really was a rough gem. Everybody that I recommended it to has loved it!

Still, all good things and all that...
  • I loved the show...

I loved the show, and I'm sorry to see it go. There are still a few things left unsolved, in my opinion...

Like who will Jake finally choose: Heather or Emily?
    And will Dale stay together with his girlfriend? And will his girlfriends family finally come back from NY -if they, in fact, survived?

Most importantly: who will win the new cival war? I'm assuming it's the good guys in this case, since this *is* a TV show, but you just never know, since if it's not seen during the show, it's not exactly official.

There are two things I didn't like about this particular show; well, make that three: they killed off Bonnie Richmond, April and her baby, and Johnston Green. Don't get me wrong, killing off those three characters made for a great story-line, but I loved those characters... and wanted them to survive the cival war.

But that's just me; I know that other's probably will disagree with me on that...
  • awesome now a movie the series that finished way to early will now have a movie thou this may kill it lets hope not

this is the series that finished way to early now it will have a movie to go along with the story and let us know what happened on a wider scale although this may kill it but I'm hoping not and hope it will explain a lot more about the show and make scene of the hole up rising of the government or at least the pick up from the end of the series and have the war between the good guys vs the bad so I'm hoping it is good movie and it will be worth wile seeing it
  • Great show, it's a shame :(

I just finished watching Jericho, and I was amazed. Great idea for a series. The story, the characters, the place, everything was just WOW for me. The hole time that I was watching the show I was routing for the people and was hoping that they will make it, and that is something I don't do very often. They lost a couple of good characters and that was sad, but that's life in those situations. Skeet Ulrich was great as Jake Green, they really hit the Jackpot with casting him for the role. It's sad and annoying to see great shows as Jericho getting canceled, I really would enjoyed watching more of it.
  • This show has got to be the best that I have seen in years. The story line revolves around the aftermath of a nuclear attack in the fictitious town of Jericho.

This show has got to be the best that I have seen in years. The story line revolves around the aftermath of a nuclear attack in the fictitious town of Jericho. It has the right blend of action, drama, corruption, family values, love, power, relationships. It also touches many age groups such as young adolescence to adulthood. What is interesting is how the characters develop throughout the series and how people can change. The production, direction, writing and music are excellent. The cast is fabulous. I am a late comer to this show. Unfortunately, there was not a lot of advertising for this show up here in Canada. I discovered the show on YouTube. I happen to discover Alicia Coppola. I recognized her from her role on the Soap Opera "Another World". I did some research about what she has been doing since then and discovered Jericho. I immediately went out and purchased season 1&2 on DVD on January 2 2009. I am now a true fan. Alicia Coppola's performance was very touching to me. The whole cast were great. You can really feel the chemistry among everyone in the cast which you do not get with the competition. I know that CBS brought it back for a short second season, but for some reason the ratings were not strong enough. Somewhat like the music business, I feel that the TV/Film Industry has become fragmented. The marketing for this environment has to be different. Cable stations worldwide should pick up this show and we should try to promote it through guerilla marketing techniques. The "Nuts" campaign proved that it can work. Great show I really hope that it will come back!
  • The U.S. is nuked and the world doesn't end... Because no one knows who did it!?!?! Show follows the survivors of a city in Kansas that is so remote no one cares.

BRING IT BACK!?!?! I just started watching the show recently and couldn't stop. After watching the entire series in and week, then realizing the series was on hiatus, I was pissed. The commercials or what are remembered of them were terrible and this great show seemed to fly under the radar and right into the ground. The characters are great and intriguing to no surprise with a great cast of actors. The story is great and gives you that sense of confusion and paranoia that you would expect to ensue after and during a nuclear fallout. The show is riddled with interesting post apocalyptic elements such as mob mentalities and problems of everyday survival with a little bit of unrealistic hope and community unity that adds to the shows charm. One of the best parts of the show are the elements of government corruption, conspiracy, and abuse of power so relevant to our current government regime, especially the Jennings and Ralls company(Hali.....). Great show gonna go buy the dvds to help them get revenues. Show will be missed =(
  • Please bring it back!

Please bring it back! This was a really good show. I watched all the seasons and its very disapointing to have it just go like that. Atleast release the rest of it on DVD or something. It really kind of sucks when something like this happens. This also happened to a show called Moonlight, both of these shows are awesome to alot of people. Sometimes you just need to advertise a little more. All I know that is im the type of person that was never really into any shows at all until I seen this show and now I watch a total of 15 difference shows and purchased the dvds for all the seasons.
  • Good show and is missed.

Ok I got to start off by saying that the show got canceled because Cbs was completly stupid in the first season. They started off really well and then they did what no show should do and that was they took a 3 month hiatus. WHAT!!! Why did you do that? That was the reason. You lost all the people that were on the fences and still watching. Anyway back to the show I hear that it will be airing on the Cw on Sunday night and maybe if it goes really well they could bring it back from the dead.
  • Abysmal

Great premis, but the writing was terrible. Did they have any technical advisors? The world's ending and people are calmly walking around shopping? If they would have just focused on it as more science fiction than heart-throb soap opera it would have had a chance. I gave it 4 episodes, but the pathetic-ness/sillyness/ intelligence insulting-ness was too much. Geiger counters that apparently can sit in a basement for years and not need batteries or calibration. Fire fighters that have obviously never held a hose or responded to a fire No idea of what consequences a nuclear explosion would have on communications infrastructure. On and on. If you managed to pass 9th grade science you would be laughing
  • Season 1 incredible. Season 2 ruined by budget cuts. Show is gone.

The story line of this show is almost scary, because in our day and age it seems almost plausible. A corrupt company wants to over throw the US and rewrite our laws, history and identity. They start this with a nation wide attack the cripples the whole US. A small town in Kansas holds the smoking gun to the whole crime and only one man knows! Season one is truly genius. Although it may seem slow the first couple of episodes it is worth it to see the pickup that happens later on. This would have been the greatest tv show ever but unfortunately it was canned by CBS. Jericho will be loved and missed.
  • My overall review of the television series Jericho, is as follows:

I was not able to watch this series while it was still on the air, I only saw a few episodes here and there. After stumbling onto TV.com 3 days ago I did NOTHING but watch all the Jericho episodes from start to finish. This show was then and is now underappreciated to the furthest extent of the meaning! I simply cannot believe that they did not continue this series even if it meant losing 1 or 2 more key players as long as they could be replaced with members of an equal standing! It was very unfortunate about some of the characters the writers felt needed to die, however, in the end most of it worked out for the better of the overall show. The war between the towns was too unbelievable with only 1 fatality on both sides after all those rounds fired, but then again it is television after all. My overall rating is 9.5 out of 10! Kudos!
  • This is one of those shows that ended way to soon. Someone need to pick it up and bring it back to tv!

What can I say about this show. I never watched it when it was on tv but my sister in law has both seasons on DVD so I borrowed them and watched them and Ill tell you what if someone dosent pick this show back up I will be very disapointed. It kinda reminded me of Steven Kings The Stand but with bombs. The story line was well put together each episode better then the next the one thing that upset me about the whole thing was season 2 ended in a 'Whats next?' kinda feel like what happened the guy was tied to a table fighting for his life and Jake got back on the plane to go save him but.............nothing. WHY??? I wanna know what happened and Im sure theres many many people out there that wanna know too.
  • Bring it BACK!!!!

I do not have the money to afford cable, therefore, I would love to see it come back to regular TV. I wish I could afford cable since there is absolutely nothing on the regular channels worth watching. Jericho brought our whole family together each week with anticipation. Brilliant storyline with believable characters and excellent actors/actresses. If we can't get it back on a regular TV Channel and have to have it back on a cable channel, I would try to find someone to record it for us to watch later. I would definitely look for it on DVD to own. It is a show worth fighting for!!!! Please, Please Bring it Back!!!
  • Why on earth did they cancel this show!!! It was one of the best shows I have seen! I am very gutted!

I love this show, I was always wondering what will happen, I love the closeness the main character have with each other.

I actually rented it out on dvd, because I wasn't sure how the show would be like, but I wasn't let down, love the first season, and was really glad that they decided to show the second season. Just wish that Jericho get given more chance to show more of what they got. I don't even see why people wouldn't like this show. It has its mystery, character bondings, stuff that are really good too see… I will miss this show, and I just bought both season, and I have been watching it over and over again, thanks for producing such a great show. It will be missed.
  • Realy good show

This show was just great i felt that the story for both season 1 and 2 was great, and i was realy disepointed whan thay dropt the show behind our back.
    And i am positive that the show whuld have goten serius viwers whit the 3 season for sure. But thay dident give it enugh time to build it self up viwers...
    I dont live in the us, but i also think thay probebly aired it on the wrong days so many good show was due to air that same day at same time, so thay lost alot of viwers there.... But i have given up, this show will not be picket up again, i serisly hope so but its a small possiblity.
  • This is a great show that will keep you at the edge of you seat wondering what is going to happen next.

This is a really good show that takes place after 23 american cities are nuked in an explosion. Now the people of the small Kansas town of Jericho are wondering if they are some of the last people out there. They go through many hardships and many problems on their way to find out they truth about what really happened to those cities and the people. This is a great show that I actually just started to watch and can not stop watching it, episode after episode it gets better and better. I would really reccomend this show, to anyone who likes suspense.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10