Jericho

CBS (ended 2008)

layle1

Jericho Fan Reviews page 3 of 16

• Season 1 incredible. Season 2 ruined by budget cuts. Show is gone.

The story line of this show is almost scary, because in our day and age it seems almost plausible. A corrupt company wants to over throw the US and rewrite our laws, history and identity. They start this with a nation wide attack the cripples the whole US. A small town in Kansas holds the smoking gun to the whole crime and only one man knows! Season one is truly genius. Although it may seem slow the first couple of episodes it is worth it to see the pickup that happens later on. This would have been the greatest tv show ever but unfortunately it was canned by CBS. Jericho will be loved and missed.
  • My overall review of the television series Jericho, is as follows:

I was not able to watch this series while it was still on the air, I only saw a few episodes here and there. After stumbling onto TV.com 3 days ago I did NOTHING but watch all the Jericho episodes from start to finish. This show was then and is now underappreciated to the furthest extent of the meaning! I simply cannot believe that they did not continue this series even if it meant losing 1 or 2 more key players as long as they could be replaced with members of an equal standing! It was very unfortunate about some of the characters the writers felt needed to die, however, in the end most of it worked out for the better of the overall show. The war between the towns was too unbelievable with only 1 fatality on both sides after all those rounds fired, but then again it is television after all. My overall rating is 9.5 out of 10! Kudos!
  • This is one of those shows that ended way to soon. Someone need to pick it up and bring it back to tv!

What can I say about this show. I never watched it when it was on tv but my sister in law has both seasons on DVD so I borrowed them and watched them and Ill tell you what if someone dosent pick this show back up I will be very disapointed. It kinda reminded me of Steven Kings The Stand but with bombs. The story line was well put together each episode better then the next the one thing that upset me about the whole thing was season 2 ended in a 'Whats next?' kinda feel like what happened the guy was tied to a table fighting for his life and Jake got back on the plane to go save him but.............nothing. WHY??? I wanna know what happened and Im sure theres many many people out there that wanna know too.
  • Bring it BACK!!!!

I do not have the money to afford cable, therefore, I would love to see it come back to regular TV. I wish I could afford cable since there is absolutely nothing on the regular channels worth watching. Jericho brought our whole family together each week with anticipation. Brilliant storyline with believable characters and excellent actors/actresses. If we can't get it back on a regular TV Channel and have to have it back on a cable channel, I would try to find someone to record it for us to watch later. I would definitely look for it on DVD to own. It is a show worth fighting for!!!! Please, Please Bring it Back!!!
  • Why on earth did they cancel this show!!! It was one of the best shows I have seen! I am very gutted!

I love this show, I was always wondering what will happen, I love the closeness the main character have with each other.

I actually rented it out on dvd, because I wasn't sure how the show would be like, but I wasn't let down, love the first season, and was really glad that they decided to show the second season. Just wish that Jericho get given more chance to show more of what they got. I don't even see why people wouldn't like this show. It has its mystery, character bondings, stuff that are really good too see… I will miss this show, and I just bought both season, and I have been watching it over and over again, thanks for producing such a great show. It will be missed.
  • Realy good show

This show was just great i felt that the story for both season 1 and 2 was great, and i was realy disepointed whan thay dropt the show behind our back.
    And i am positive that the show whuld have goten serius viwers whit the 3 season for sure. But thay dident give it enugh time to build it self up viwers...
    I dont live in the us, but i also think thay probebly aired it on the wrong days so many good show was due to air that same day at same time, so thay lost alot of viwers there.... But i have given up, this show will not be picket up again, i serisly hope so but its a small possiblity.
  • This is a great show that will keep you at the edge of you seat wondering what is going to happen next.

This is a really good show that takes place after 23 american cities are nuked in an explosion. Now the people of the small Kansas town of Jericho are wondering if they are some of the last people out there. They go through many hardships and many problems on their way to find out they truth about what really happened to those cities and the people. This is a great show that I actually just started to watch and can not stop watching it, episode after episode it gets better and better. I would really reccomend this show, to anyone who likes suspense.
  • Jericho is a show about what happens when 23 American cities get nuked. During these hardships you also are learning about the pasts and sectrets of the people of Jericho, and how one of the people living in Jericho has a nuclear bomb!

I love Jericho! It was the best show I had ever watched. Itwas very unique, but realistic at the sae time. It really made you think twice about what goes on in a corrupt government, and what could be going on in our government today. The actors and actresses were phenominal! I was very upset when they cancelled Jericho for a second time. It was a different, but veru good show. It always felt like you were there in Jericho, Kansas where all of this was occuring. If the was one show I would wish to return was this. I know season 3 would have been awesome and I am bad that I never got to find out who won the war. BRING JERICHO BACK!!
  • The show that was resurrected.

When Jake Green returns to his Kansas small-town home Jericho, where his dad Johnston is mayor, everyone is preoccupied with petty private business and family matters, but that changes drastically after a completely unexpected explosion. It soon becomes clear there has been a nuclear attack, but neither by whom nor on which scale. Suddenly life in Jericho, and as the inhabitants gradually discover all over the disintegrating USA, becomes a more primordial struggle for survival, where unexperienced dangers, primitive as well as technological, have to be weighed against pressing primal needs, such as food, fuel and self-defense against plunderers, invaders and even each-other. Jake, whose private story like that of other main characters slowly becomes disclosed to us, proves extremely resourceful and a smart hero, while his father's mayoral authority and even that of the only available medical professionals is soon challenged and undermined, criminal potentials are tapped into by circumstances and good people must rise to the daunting occasion assertively or perish. Even when contact is made with neighboring surviving towns, desperate rivalry soon cancels out solidarity. Furthermore, there is a well-equipped, hidden organization at work, which recently arrived Robert Hawkins belongs to
  • I miss this show already

After a nuclear disaster caused by several terrorist attacks that destroyed 23 American cites, residents of a small Kansas town must come to terms with a new and very different reality as they wonder if they are the only ones left alive. Jericho got canceled after season 1 but the fans did what they could to being back and get and ending and they succeed, this is history. Unfortunately it was not renewed any further but the fact that it actually came back is proof of how good this show was and how well received it was. I miss it already,
  • Jericho

Jericho has the distinction of being the first TV drama to use a Gap Band song as its basic plotline. I speak, naturally, of ''You Dropped a Bomb on Me,'' and the mystery of Jericho is who did the bombing, which cities were hit, and just how screwed are the survivors?

Skeet Ulrich (Scream) defies his destiny - which once meant fading from view in some special dreamy corner of the film universe, alongside might-have-beens like Eddie and the Cruisers' Michael Paré - by landing the starring role of prodigal son Jake Green. Secretive Jake returns to his tiny hometown of Jericho, Kan., just in time for what appears to be a nuclear holocaust. A mushroom cloud blooms ominously in the distance - looks like Denver - and the whole town spins into freaked-out survival mode. Calming the panicked masses is Jake's dad, the town mayor, played by the genial-stern Gerald McRaney. McRaney, after a fascinating stint as the efficiently murderous George Hearst on Deadwood, has certainly earned a respite from Major Dad jokes. His Mayor Dad (sorry) character seems based on the striding, calm figure Rudy Giuliani cut right after 9/11. How exactly he fathered wispy Ulrich is another question. Then again, this town is filled with every type of character, from Ulrich's love interest, a grade-school teacher who knows her way around an engine (Sprague Grayden), to a former cop (Lennie James) seriously (and somewhat suspiciously) well-versed in disaster protocol.

Jericho works when it sticks to the eerie surreality of a nuclear attack: A storm bearing radioactive rain rolls in from the west; animals flee in dying packs; clueless citizens scour for information in Cold War-era books like Our Friend the Atom. The show, unfortunately, flops about in its first two episodes, leaning too heavily on the action-adventure stuff, perhaps a twitch from exec producer Jon Turteltaub (National Treasure). Ulrich plays psycho townies and frontiersmen just fine (as Scream and Into the West attest); his slacker detachment doesn't translate as well for the action-hero business (watch no more than three minutes of Chill Factor to verify).

One particularly melodramatic scene has Ulrich rescuing a busload of smashed-up schoolchildren and performing a homemade tracheotomy on a little girl with drinking straws - causing him to yell the unfortunate line: ''Who else has a juice box?!'' In another sidetracked moment, he must save his ex-girlfriend (Dark Angel's Ashley Scott) from escaped inmates - which culminates in distinctly cheesy, '80s, Tango & Cash-variety gunplay, with accompanying music that can only be described as shoot-out/funk/Jazzercise. May I suggest sticking to the possible destruction of the world? It's a bit more riveting.
  • I will not let this show goes down in flames........A original 9.whatever million average viewership........You want reality read my review

Reailty can shove it what if this is our reality and They can choose who gets bombed and who doesn't.......9.whatever million.Then Why if this show had that kinda of rating did it get cancelled then got a second push with hardly no push for a second season.........Hit to close for reality for the US to handle........Maybe there is someone spreading the truth............Whatever the reason for cancelling it Tuesday at 10 is not a great time slot to begin with think about that and think about what other shows are making it at that time.........Jericho is what Veronica Mars was to CW a masterpiece.
  • A show that both entertains and stimulates the mind.

This is deffinately one of the most original and entertaining new shows to come out is some time. Its a shame it only lasted one and a half seasons, I guess some of the genuises in the top jobs at CBS didnt think originality and a rabid fanbase were good indications of a shows sucess...only numbers. And while crap shows (with the exception of a few gems) still roam the airwaves, quality shows like Jericho are getting axed. Its a shame things are turning out this way.

So what makes this show as great as it is? Well firstly its a great concept. Terrorist attacks all over the United States decimating major cities and it could be very well at the hands at the United States governement. Well I guess thats not too much different to many other films and shows, but what makes this even more interesting is that its actually an intimate look at one town's struggle at surviving the aftermath, and that is where the story really becomes interesting.

People fighting one another for scraps of food, towns fighting over pieces of land, and states fighting for domination over a fractured country. But what is really interesting is the personal struggles and demons one must overcome to step up and find courage to endure. It tells us the story of what it takes to stay civil in the time of civil unrest, to stay human when every intstinct is telling you to 'do what it takes to survive', and to be diplomatic when no one else wants to be.

Other than these themes making the show interesting, its also hugely entertaining. It makes one darn good edge of your seat thriller. And its for these reasons why I love the show. It feeds the mind and pumps the adrenaline. No many shows give us both but this one does in spades, its such a shame that other then a miracle, we wont be getting it anymore.
  • After all U.S. major cities are destroyed by terrorists in a series of nuclear attacks, the small town of Jericho, Kansas must come together and survive against all odds.

There is nothing else like this on TV. It deserves a much better chance to try to make it. I don't understand it, this should be a top prime-time show.
    It was so nice to see something other then all these stupid cop dramas, that for some reason, dominate their time-slots. A speculative fiction, that makes you wonder what if. A nuclear war is a possibility, how would you survive? It examines all aspects of human life and how they would change if this were to happen. It shows how this would not only bring out the worst in some people, but also the best in others. This is one of my favorite shows ever, if not my most favorite.
  • An excellent TV series that starts with a bang and keeps you hooked to the last moment.

Jericho is a unique series that explores a number of themes, including how life changes after a nuclear attack, and how it brings people who would never have met otherwise together.

There was no reason to cancel Jericho, but the fact that it was cancelled proves once again that an intelligent TV show without mindless violence cannot survive in today's culture of televison.

The bottom line is that Jericho is one of the best TV shows produced ever. I do not think that our world deserves it, which is the reason it was never given a chance by the mass public and only attracted viewers who can think for themselves.
  • Jericho is a most interesting show of a village that is suddenly cut of from the rest of the outside world after bombs went of in several citys. The people of Jericho have to survive in this new world were the rules have changed.

Jericho is a most interesting show of a village that is suddenly cut of from the rest of the outside world after bombs went of in several citys. The people of Jericho have to survive in this brand new world were the rules have changed.
    Food is becoming scarse and everyone seems to be looking out for themselves. They also have threats like mercenaries from ravenwood. And who is responsible for the destruction of so many cities? What I don't like about the show are the parent's of jake. Their a litlle bit too much goody two shoes for my taste.
  • Jericho is a post - apocalyptic drama about a small town in Kansas called Jericho, where the citizens must survive the aftermath of bombings all over the country.

I think that Jericho was a wonderful show, and was outraged both times when it was canceled. I also believe that if CBS had given the second season more than seven episodes, they might've gotten a better outcome. You have to work hard to keep something if you really want it, so I guess that CBS didn't want it all too much, did it?

This was an underappreciated show, and the fact that we did as CBS asked and actually watched every episode until the end went unnoticed breaks my heart to tiny little pieces. I do hope that another channel picks up this show, because it truly was the best show out there.
  • What happens when you think you're the only ones left.

Summary: Jake Green returns to his Kansas small-town home Jericho, where his dad Johnston is mayor, everyone is preoccupied with petty private business and family matters, but that changes drastically after a completely unexpected explosion. It soon becomes clear there has been a nuclear attack, but neither by whom nor on which scale. Suddenly life in Jericho, and as the inhabitants gradually discover all over the disintegrating USA, becomes a more primordial struggle for survival, where unexperienced dangers, primitive as well as technological, have to be weighed against pressing primal needs, such as food, fuel and self-defense against plunderers, invaders and even each-other. Jake, whose private story like that of other main characters slowly becomes disclosed to us, proves extremely resourceful and a smart hero, while his father's mayoral authority and even that of the only available medical professionals is soon challenged and undermined, criminal potentials are tapped into by circumstances and good people must rise to the daunting occasion assertively or perish. Even when contact is made with neighboring surviving towns, desperate rivalry soon cancels out solidarity. Furthermore, there is a well-equipped, hidden organization at work, which recently arrived Robert Hawkins belongs to…

I just love(d) Jericho. I like conspiracies. I think that also the idea of loosing everything. No electricity means no communication with the outside world. That is what happens in Jericho they get cut of and the instinctively turn on each other. With the help of his brother and several other characters Jake forms somewhat of a hierarchy in Jericho. And he ends up on the top. With his background in the military and with the help of Hawkins who has the last bomb they have to find out who did this. In the mean time they have to get food and water. And have to deal with other survivors. I thought the show was well written and very interesting and was actually shocked that it was cancelled after one season. But with the help of a lot of peanuts ( I have got to give credit to the die hard fans for that). We got another 7 episodes to tie up some loose ends. It was not enough. I will miss Jericho, and I think there was alot more in the show then they got credit for!
  • Gone too soon

ABC has Lost. NBC has Heroes. Fox has 24. It made sense for CBS to try it's hand at a long serial-style drama. Jericho, built on the premise of a small Kansas town surviving a post-nuclear attack, seemed to have no chance of failure. Unfortunately, poor ratings doomed the show, and it was cancelled after just one season. However, fan reaction was swift and loud, and CBS eventually rescinded, commissioning a shortened season 2. Again ratings were low, leading to a second cancellation for the show. Those of you that may have missed this series when it aired originally lost out on some of the more entertaining television in recent memory. Some parts of the series drug, particularly the middle of season 1, with just one too many "feel good moments." Music cues can be a bit overbearing and borderline obnoxious in certain scenes as well, adding an almost soap-opera air to the proceedings. That said, the series really went into overdrive the latter part of season 1 and throughout season 2, no ddoubt in part to the pressure from the network to perform. This created a cinema feel to Jericho, as the slower story pace was tossed aside for tighter dialogue and more action. For the most part, this was a change for the better. It's too bad the show couldn't have found a happy medium between the two, because when Jericho worked - and more than often, it did - it became one of those rarified and inspiring shows you dream about. Most won't get the chance to enjoy this show, as CBS is unlikely to bring it back a second time. Do yourself a favor and check it out on DVD.
  • It was Truly Great

This was without a doubt one of the most underrated shows of its time. it took a concept previously unexplored and made it its own. I originally thought it over-hyped and useless until i actually sat down to watch the pilot, needless to say after watching it i was back the next week for the next and it continued strongly after that, the news of its cancellation broke my heart and wen it was brought back it was truly amazing. from the political issues addressed to the matters of heart crossed jericho fulfilled this with beyond any of my expectations and it was proof of the studio bosses shortsightedness when it was axed. the second season though it was a bit too short for my liking brought together all the story lines and ended it perfectly. It was a truly great show which i am sure will remain in my heart and certainly on my shelves for a longtime to come
  • I hate when they cancel shows that I love

I really hate when they cancel a show that I love. This show was really good. I know that this second season was a little off but it could only get better and not worse. They need to give Jericho a chance. They have tried to axe it from the very beginning. So Sad! I Hope that everyone will fight for this series again and hopefully we will be able to bring it back again. Come on people lets not give up on this yet. We need to give it a chance. Please help keep Jericho on tv. Thank you
  • A really interesting show that was developed well - with comedy, drama & action along the way. Well worth watching if you haven't already!

I wanted to watch this show for awhile and then it got forgotten about , until someone recently recommended it to me. I'm so glad they did! This show was so interesting, I think I would have been really disappointed if it had ended at the Season 1 finale - and although I would have loved more than the 7 episodes they did for Season 2 – having those episodes still made me a lot happier. Anyway I won't talk about finale details – needless to say I think Season 2 was a welcome addition to the first, and it is well worth watching and not too frustrating an ending for the show!

This show was quite different to other shows I like, or have watched in the past and I think it was a really interesting idea. I can see why it wouldn't be everybody's ideal show to watch; but if given a chance, I really think it's worth sticking with.

First off, the characters are brilliant, Jake is a really good character (and I think Skeet Ulrich did an amazing job), and who couldn't like Stanley! To be honest there were very few characters I didn't like (except those you're meant to hate!), and perhaps Dale – he got on my nerves a bit! Also, quite a welcome addition, is that this show didn't stick to "Happily ever after" storylines, there are some sad developments for some characters along the way which just made it all the better(in a tragic kind of way).

Also, despite the context of the show (Nuclear bombs going off, a town being left to fend for itself), it still managed to have a more personal element, and I really liked that this show didn't constantly focus on conflict, but rather sometimes chose to develop the characters (for instance: Jake's past, Eric's marriage). However, when they did have the conflicts – they were so dramatic! I couldn't stop watching, and there were so many different hurdles that the town had to overcome, it just made the show so exciting.

Another element I loved about the show was the Jonah storyline – I really thought this was under-used on the show, James Remar is an awesome actor and I think it would have really added something. But again – if there had been more time, and another season, perhaps Jonah would have played a more important role... this show just had so many good potential ways to drive the story forward, and as a new fan – I feel a little cheated that it didn't get that opportunity to, but got to be grateful for what we have I suppose! Perhaps related to this idea is the character development on the show, which, despite being good, could have been better. I still would have liked the show to explore Jake's past even more really, and perhaps if the show had lasted longer they would have, I just found myself wanting to know more... I definitely think the show was worth another season if not more.

All in all this show has comedic elements, good characters & relationships as well as being very dramatic and exciting. I think it's one of the best shows I've watched in a long time, and its main flaws lie in storylines I felt could have been developed more – but there was such little time to do it, I can understand why they weren't. I would definitely recommend watching this show, I know I'll be watching it again.
  • The United States is decimated in seconds but multiple nuclear bombs throughout major metropolitans cities. What an amazing premise!

I wish they would really try to bring this show back. The acting is superb, storyline is developed well, and each episode leave you hanging wanting to find out what happened. It is a great premise that has been explored before, but Jericho does it the best. With long story arcs, and tons of mystery, action and drama, Jericho has it all. Throw in the fact that most of the U.S. has been wiped out by nukes, and its just adds a scary, what if factor. I hope another network will pick up this show, the fans behind it are rabid, and watching this show will make you realize why!
  • Flop

5.8
    What was supposed to be a cool and interesting TV series proved to be a flop in the end. Ok, so we have a nuclear holocaust, people in disarray, important cities wiped out, and, of course, the survivors struggling to make ends meet. It makes you wonder: how did they get those poor ratings? Where did they go wrong? It seems that some fans really wanted the show to go on, so it dragged on to season two, but still they did not manage to capture too many people's attention. For me, the decor seemed too artificial and the characters were not developed enough to make the viewers fell in love with them.
  • After a series of terrorist attacks leave the US in a state of disaster a small Kansas town must come together to deal with a new reality.

I've fallen in love with this show, it has everything a show needs to have. The storyline of the show is fascinating and thrilling. Very unique, intresting caracters, exelent actors and every episode is filled with drama, love, laugther and tears, It has mystery, romance. action. You can't help but feel like you are one of them, even if what they are going trough is impossible to invision. This is a show you can not miss ! If you think you've seen it all you are wrong, Jericho is filled with mystery, and you can't help but wondering who's bad and who's not? Jericho is going to have you on the end of your seat screaming at the tv, i know i did..
  • A terrific show with a lot of future potential. Bring it back!

Jericho, what a show. Never boring, it's a perfect sci-fi thriller along with a drama; a small town in Kansas after nuclear bombs destroy 23 American cities. It has a great bunch of characters and actors even though they occasionally die throughout the series. Season 1 was a fantastic start, focusing on how Jericho fought itself and then the neighboring town of New Bern. Season 2 had a good plotline with a split of American government at the Mississippi, along with the fraud of the Allied States of America. It is more that deserving of a Season 3 and beyond. Why was it cancelled?
  • Great show with characters and a story that was very appealing. Kudos for dealing with the touchy subject of terrorism on American soil and double kudos for it not being an enemy from the headlines. The unfolding story of a

Great show with characters and a story that was very appealing. Kudos for dealing with the touchy subject of terrorism on American soil and double kudos for it not being an enemy from the headlines. The unfolding story of a corporate and domestic plot to remake the power structure of this country was brilliant. Adding to the mystique of the show was the real world Cinderella story of the shows comeback and defying the network and saving the show from an un-ended ending. Great job I would love for the show to continue but if this is the end it was worth the ride and I enjoyed every minute of it.
  • beauty of a show.

Skeet Ulrich made this show. That is i mean his acting made Jericho worth watching. Now don't get me wrong the other non-skeet people were great too. The storyline is a hard one to pull of: America bombed out? your father losing a mayoral election? classic examples like this litter the show with intrigue and drama. The dram and action of Jericho are stupendous, and well thought out. Though the show was cancelled the Jericho people were given another chance just to conclude the story. And conclude they did. Season 2 has more on the edge of your seat action than the previous season, but both put together make for a lovely brown trousers time.
  • So much left untold, so much potential shown and yet to BE shown.

Usually I like shows that died before their time, they burned bright only to fade away quickly - preserved for all time at their peak and their demise. This show however, deserved MUCH more and was over far too soon. We can only imagine what would have happened if Season Two had run for more than seven episodes or if Season Three had been made, but I know that our imaginations wouldn't even have been close to what could have been and should have become. It'll never happen, and that's one heck of a shame but for now I'm more than glad I saw this show. I bought Season One and will double dip for the Complete Box Set even though I downloaded 'em all. Dammit, I loved this show that much - I feel it invested in its fans and I'm invested in it in return. This series hits all the right buttons!
  • Such an awesome show!I really miss it, and want it back...compare it to M*A*S*H,West Wing,and many others... We are cancelling way too many good shows these days. I wish this show would return! Thanks for a great one.

Thought provoking awesome deep and wonderful! I can compare this to reading the Stand for the first time, and reveling in the thought provoking nature that Stephen King had created....this is Just As Good If Not Better!!!!! I think that it would have been the next "Classic" of TV. Like Dallas was of the 80s or M*A*S*H or the others that have rocked TV. Why can't we get quality like this again. We have gone the way of the dodo with thought provoking series,a nd I am sad to see it. Gotta love this one! Bring It Back! I think that you should at least hit CBS's website and watch this one through their online player!!! Please support the effort to bring this show back!!!! We want it to have a season 3! Help fight for the Jericho gang...check out how you can on CBS's message boards for Jericho...

THanks for an awesome show!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10