Jericho

Sedition

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Mar 18, 2008 on CBS

• great episode

Jake surrenders himself to Beck. Beck is not satisfied with just him, he wants to arrest everyone who was involved with the Goetz killing. But the rangers have other ideas, they get Jake from his cell. Hawkins tries to run away from the AS soldiers. It doesn't work quite well, he ends up losing the nuclear bomb that he tries so hard to hide. It's a really exciting episode, I had a great time watching this episode. I want to see the next episode. This is a great show, the drama that goes on in this show is not sappy, it's got action and excitement written all over it.
  • Truth is getting out..

A great episode, on a great row. Continues where it was left and built up a story but little bit more slowly than previous episodes. This one really takes more time to prepare for the big events in the end - the bomb is gone and now it is sure where and why it will be used - not that it could help the one's who took it intensions. Jack gives himself in and there is a lot of trouble to get him back but it's well done, adds more action and concentration to the episode. And all with Hawkins - the way he learns whose that man is who has called him, what he did and... Cannot wait for next episode.
  • If...if only the previous 5 episodes had been like this one!

This review is written with a heavy heart. CBS canned Jericho! I am absolutely stunned at such an action! This show, this episode alone, proved this show was worthy of saving! Maybe if the previous episodes had picked up a faster pace as this one CBS would have changed their black hearts! A staunch Jericho watcher since it began, this show packed a wallop and this episode, especially the conspiracy and Robert Hawkins part was enough to sustain this show! We're on the presipice of a civil war against Cheyenne and learn Jericho didn't make the final cut. A sad loss. Tuesday's episode will be the series finale...it shouldn't have been.
  • The architect of the September attacks is revealed and his new plan will be the final nail in the coffin.

The moment Beck saw Goetz's body, you just know what he's thinking – either it was New Bern or Jericho, either way it's gonna get bad. Beck starts hunting the Jericho group involved – how does he know?! – and starts talking about 'insurgent activity' which was exactly the phrase he used about New Bern! Hawkins reports that Beck doesn't actually know what happened, just a good idea – doesn't know about Hawkins or who killed Goetz. Jake surrenders, trying to protect his friends and family, only to have Beck – who is no longer playing Mr Nice Guy – throw a bag over his head and drag him away! Beck is treating this like a betrayal.

The interrogation with Beck proves one thing – Beck has got an incredibly well-informed source, one who told him absolutely everything – Russell. Beck starts using tactics on Jake which are definitely low-grade torture. The Rangers hijack army trucks – where'd they get the uniforms? – and seems they've got most or all of the Rangers with them! They're trying to get Jake back! Beck's right – the Rangers are holding out from loyalty to Jake, if Jake told them to stop, they would, even Eric. Jake defies Beck who declares Jericho an insurrection – which means Jericho's about to turn into New Bern. What Jake has realised is this is bigger than one man – Stanley or Goetz – this is about a corrupt government using their military to silence any opposition. That's what Jake's fighting for – it's not just about protecting Stanley, Jake's making a stand for an idea, a principle. This is about freedom from tyranny. Was the Boston Tea Party really about tea? Hell no!

Heather spiritedly attacks Beck and realises his plan, he's trying to get Jericho to turn against the Rangers. And let's face it – there are always those who will do what is easy instead of what is right. How long will the 'common man' hold out in the face of no power or supplies against what the Rangers did for Jericho months ago? Of course, there's always an alternative – the people of Jericho could really have an insurrection, just like New Bern.

This is a whole new side to Beck - until now, he's been an ally and a fair man, we've never been on his bad side before. We've heard the stories about New Bern though, so we should have realised he was capable of this. It can't be easy for him, he's trying to do the right thing while trying to do his job - and those two things just don't combine under these circumstances.

I loved the scenes between Jake and his grandfather, who confirmed something I suspected the moment I heard the truth about Iraq: that Jake is trying to make amends. They've talked about this before, accepting the status quo versus upsetting the entire system with revolution – how many of Jericho's citizens would fight beside them? Could New Bern put their grievances aside to fight a common enemy? Jericho is just one town but this must be happening all across the country under Cheyenne, if Jericho started the fight, would other towns stand with them?

Hawkins' contact is *too* well informed, knowing Hawkins intends taking the bomb to Texas. He offers a 'secure' alternative – problem is, we have no idea who this guy is! He could be loyal to Cheyenne for all we know! How's Hawkins supposed to make a decision with so little info? Gotta love Darcy, what a loving wife! "You stole a shirt? That's your plan?" Stole an ID and a truck – doesn't it occur to him J&R will spread the word on that? The informant even knows that Hawkins is driving to Texas! Then he turns around and tells Beck the truth about Hawkins!! The chase scene was nerve-wracking! Would. you. please. stop. shooting. at. the. nuclear. bomb?!

Mystery solved – our 'whistle blower' is actually the architect of the September attacks. This guy goes on about his reasons for doing it, how J&R had so much influence with the government – what exactly has changed? All you did, you idiot, was make J&R the government! Now his reasons are clear – when Hawkins went his own way, he needed to get the bomb. Now that the bomb is in the army's hands, he just has to get it from them and he can use it on Cheyenne.

Naturally Hawkins confides in his closest ally – and strangely, his best friend – and they discuss the dismal future: if the bomb destroys Cheyenne, the government/J&R will have every excuse in the world to crack down, it'll become everyone's worst nightmare – Jake's children will have to have the concept of 'freedom' explained to them because they will never have known it. The war is about to begin - this isn't just about Jericho any more.

Last thoughts:
    - Beautiful shot – At 9pm, as Hawkins drives past the 'Now leaving Jericho – come back soon' sign, you see the lights go out in the distance.

An incredibly important episode, explaining crucial info and a frightening new plan for the future.
  • Beck imprisons Jake and cuts off the towns supplies until the rangers surrender.

Jake is in custody under a high watt tungsten lamp.Becks tries to get him to sign a declaration condeming the rangers and thier actions .But he just spits on the paper.In town several people fire bomb the J&R office.The list of wounded on both sides is growing and the major is feeling frustated at the spiraling situation.

Jake meanwhile deprived of sleep starts seeing his grandfather a former WW2 POW .He tells him that that this has all happen before only the names change.Before J&R there was the india tea company .This seems to strengthen jakes resolve,as does a visit from his mother (where the heck has she been hiding?)The ranger deduce from a really bad smell jakes mother describe that he is being held on a hogfarm outside town.A night time raid is launched and jake is spirited away to the ranger hideout.When he wakes hawkiins tells him he lost the bomb its heading to cheyenne and the mastermind behind the attacks intends to liberate it and destroy the ASA capital.Hawkins asks for his help.

Another outstanding episode cranks up the tension yet again.the stakes are higher than ever .The town is being strangled by the J&R controlled goverment i cant wait for next weeks exiting episode.
  • As the plot thickens about J&R and the Cheyenne government we are sitting on the edge of our seats to find out what really happend in the september attacs!

I thought the first three episodes of the second season was really good and showed in a big way why this show desered to be saved. However after watching episode 4 to 6 I must say I missjudged that. This show REALLY needs to be saved! Holy cow!! The episode I'm reviewing here is Sedition, the sixth episode of the shortened second season and it starts off really great. As Jake surrenders to Beck and is thrown into a basement deprived of water and sleep, he begins to see visions of his grandfather helping him to figure out what to do. The acting is superb and I feel so much for Jake when he deals with the dilemma of saving himself by giving up Stanley or to be strong and fight for his home town.
    As you get further into the episode Hawkins starts his journey with the one remaining nuclear bomb, bringing it to Texas to reveal the real conspiracy behind the attacs to the divided state government. Will they join Cheyenne or will they fight for the United States? Who knows? I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for the season finale. And it BETTER BE a SEASON finale! If CBS decides to ax the show once again I don't think they know what they are in for. Chances are it will be brought over to SciFi unless CBS are willing to gamble and produce a third season of this awsome show.
    Can't wait for the finale to see what happens!
  • A very solid episode of Jericho. I really enjoyed it and it was definitely one of the best of the second season.

We had Beck going crazy after Goetz murder. He locked up Jake and used a lot of "torture" to make him speak and give Stanley up. But he didn't. Meanwhile the other rangers prepared to rescue Jake, and after his mother visited him, she gave her the needed info to go and save him.

Meanwhile Hawkins was on his was to meet Chavez but the man on the phone reported him and the Cheyenne government intercepted him. Hawkins then realised that he was talking to the mastermind behind the September bombings. This man was sure he can get the last bomb and use it on Cheyenne. This all made this episode very interested, a good leading up to a season finale.
  • Most nerve-wracking episode of anything I've ever watched..

There are two main stories in Jericho, the town of Jericho, it's survival and independance and then there's the big issue, Jennings & Rall. I love both stories but my favourite scenes in the entire show and the action scenes with the rangers of Jericho. Robert and his bomb story and the corrupt Government and has been slowly progressing thoughout the entire series, and in this episode it feels that it was rushed to a near-conclusion. I know that this season only had 7 episodes but for the Jericho story to be pushed aside and this major story to be updated from a rate of slowly progresssing over the best of 2 seasons to being pushed to a conclusion is too much for me.

I couldn't stand when Robert was being chased, I couldn't watch it was too nerve-wracking for me.
  • Time is running low, town is going out of control against their new opressors. Intense action !!! Myself being in the Army for four years should say "SHAME ON THOSE SOLDIERS WHO WERE THAT NEW FLAG AND LABEL A.S. ARMY ON THEIR UNIFORM"

This episode was great and even more intense then other episodes. Big twist only when you though Hawkins might get away to complete his mission. This show has evolved into something that has touched the American in me, really this episode. To me it was going back to the original founding fathers message of no tyranny and revolution for a better cause called America.

This show has a plot behind it to show that when times get bad, you can be a patriot, love your country and still go against a unjust government who is ruining your loved country.

I just hope the rumors of this show not being renewed are false. Another great show being canned due to the dumb down of people in our society!
  • Cancel What?

So like - that episode was insane from beginning to end and I've only said that about a handful of episodes of a television show. Without a doubt, in my mind, the best episode of Jericho in the shows short (and needs to be much longer) history. Becks character turns in his best performance to date. At first you could say he was acting out of character, but he was just willing to show what he would do to get the man responsible for the death of the Ravenwood leader at the end of the last episode. Love how Heather even said something along the lines of "I can't even tell the difference between you and Constinance right now." Amazing line that just confirmed that Beck was not so much out of character, as much as just showing a side of himself that it seems like he didn't want to show. Amazing scenes from his charatcer with his interactions with Heather and Jake in this episode. I liked Ulrichs performance in the episode. Liked the "flashes" he saw with his grandpa while he was being held for days on end in the room. Hawkins storyline - doesn't get much more exciting then that. Cheyanne has recoved the bomb, but the mysterious caller doesn't seem to be too worried about it. Speaking of which - we finnaly get insite on the top dog of the entire project. Apprently he is a bad guy and I loved the little "flashes" of scenes as him and Hawkins were talking on the phone basically connecting all the dots. One of the best set up episodes that I have ever seen in my life and I cannot wait to see this finale. At this point in time - I would say getting rid of this show is just unbelievable. I know why they have to in a way - but why are more people not watching this show? Amazing episode from beginning to end - loved every second.
  • Incredible. Awesome. I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat! CBS must continue Jericho.

I was glued to the TV screen. This episode was powerful, action packed, and showcased how well the citizens and Rangers of Jericho, bonded during the post bomb era, and the puppeteer military governments take over. Hawkins role is much more clear, and the towns-people have not lost any of their loyalty and love for their city. They remain bonded in the way only persons who have been through unthinkable events can be. The acting was a joy to watch, the events unfolded at a breath taking pace. How CBS could even consider not continuing such an awesome series as Jericho is beyond my comprehension!! Long live Jericho.