Jericho

The Day Before

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 21, 2007 on CBS

• It answers some questions yet asks more

I've been waiting for the return of Jericho since Turkey-Day and when I found out that the first episode would showcase what happened BEFORE the bombs went off I was psyched. I watched the episode hoping for insight into what these characters were about and was not disappointed. We now know what Robert Hawkins' part in the bombing was and what is in the barrel in his basement. Robert was to take part in the bombing and was supposed to deliver his to COLUMBUS OHIO (this scene was an eerie reminder of the Oklahoma City bombing). Yet then at the last minute Robert grabs his family and heads to Jericho. Why? Is he really an undercover federal agent and he was never supposed to go through with it or did he have a change of heart at the last minute and wanted to get out with those he loved? We do learn a little about Jake's former life. He is in San Diego trying to put his life back together. Unable to acquire a real job Jake is tempted by Ravenwood to take on one last job. He turns them down then is talked into it then approached by the FBI and scared out of the job and ends up running from Ravenwood. That is the theme of this episode: flight. Jake fleeing from Ravenwood Hawkins running from the masterminds behind the bombings. The last part of the episode picks up in the present where all of the survivors walk into town and we discover Roger alive and in severe shock. We also discover Hawkins's girl friend Sarah who was not killed by the masterminds.