The Day Before

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Feb 21, 2007 on CBS

• This episode combined with the Countdown episode were very revealing.

They answered the key question as to what was in the barrel in Hawkins basement. I still think its dumb to hide something like that in his house. But hey, Im not the writer. We know Hawkins was assigned to take the barrel to Columbus OH but never did.

We finally found out for sure who the mystery woman Sarah is and who shes in Jericho to see. Though why is a mystery, is she there as a force for good or bad? Is she there because Hawkins has the barrel?

Next week we get insights into what has happened to the rest of the country and a view of a huge US map with cities hit at the Black Jack trading post. And what might be 6 new US regional capitals since Washington DC bought the farm. The country has clearly changed and its ugly out there as Roger testified when he and the others from the FEMA camp in Nebraska showed up in Jericho.

The whole Hawkins mystery is what has me glued to the series as well as the overall plot. While I dont care all that much for the relationship sub plots, they are important in adding depth to the series and keeping a broad base of viewers so I put up with them. The best way to view Jericho is recording it then eliminating or blowing past the commercials. I enjoyed the episode far more watching it straight through.