Jericho

Walls of Jericho

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Oct 11, 2006 on CBS

• Good episode...with some odd characters.

So in this episode of Jericho a man suffering radiation poisoning finds his way into town. Being the kind, open people that they are, the man is quickly rushed to the hospital and given treatment before anyone else. Makes sense as the man is dying....but more on that later.

Two things I'm finding very odd about this show. In my head, if something like this happened I wouldn't be having a huge party with all my friends. Didn't Skylar break down crying in the last episode saying, "I think my parents are dead." I'm also thinking that the town wouldn't even let them do something like that, especially if the town is running out of fuel for the generators. They really don't seem to be worring about conserving anything. Need fuel to run the bar? Go right ahead. Its a crisis situation, people gotta drink! But I digress...

And one thing with the fuel. Ok, so they were going to syphon it out of the gas station. It took them long enough to figure that out, but that's not my point. The deaf girls brother (sorry, still learning names) shows up with a steel container to hold it in. Obviously that's not a smart idea as the teacher says so. They make it seem like their going to hold on for the suspense...I mean why introduce a seemingly deadly element unless they're going to right? Nope...everything happens so quickly theres no time for suspense which makes me wonder...why even introduce that element in the first place? Again...i digress

Back to the interesting part. The dying man, Victor, wakes up and says "They are coming" or something along those lines which leads us to believe some sort of army force of some kind is heading their way. Turns out he's talking about some Denver refugees...maybe. Hawkins is really becoming the reason I watch this show. I just want to know what's up with him. Every week they keep revealing more and more about him...I hope they can keep it up!

All in all, a good episode. But they way the town is reacting to what's going on (parties? no conservation at all?) just kinda throws me. Hopefully they'll do something about this...but who know? I've never been through a situation like this...maybe I would hold a grand party at my place too. (probably not)