Jericho

Walls of Jericho

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Oct 11, 2006 on CBS

• The residents of Jericho find themselves facing a new crisis, lacking information about the outside world and finding a dying stranger in their midst.

Jericho is coming along quite nicely for a series with a very limiting premise. Walls of Jericho was more about what happens when the what's left of the outside world comes calling on them for help more than it was about the dangers and threats that await.

This episode was more about human nature in times of crisis and the different reactions that people have to dealing with the issues. The people in the bar worried about losing the only thing they had of the outside world even if it was just an endlessly replaying loop of the same footage. I liked that the writers showed that there is need not just for the health of the body, but the mind and the spirit as well. The bar and the hospital vying for the gasoline to keep the generators going was an interesting showing of the needs of human nature as was the teens having the party. Deniel is the first stage of grief or loss and it was perfect showing of this stage of human reaction.

I'm not sure I'm liking Mr. Hawkins very much and his conspiracy storyline is an element I wish the writers/Showrunners had not introduced to the series.

I did like the scene in the church and the coming together of the people intermixed with the scenes of the realization that there were people just on the outskirts of town who had died and that they need to reach out and join together to offer a hand to those who might need it. That was a very moving, human drama.

I loved the line, "we'll do everything we can until we can't do it anymore." What a great line.

Nice episode.