Winter's End

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Mar 28, 2007 on CBS

• An excellent episode where a lovely character died.

This show simply gets better with each episode. I have been very impressed with the character development. In this particular episode, the people of the town are faced with winter getting even worse. April, the nurse who is pregnant, becomes ill and it becomes a fight for her life.

I was particularly impressed with the character development of Dr. Kenchy. He was a troubled individual who was thrust into this situation and had to respond. Initially, his response was understandable, but disappointing. However, in the end he made the right response and is quickly becoming one of my favorite people in the town.

I think that this becomes the entire thrust of the show...the people of this town are good people. We are able to see that all of these people are working for the good of all involved. Unfortunately, some of these efforts are at conflict or objectively wrong. As a consequence, there is great conflict. I would not say that any person in this town is bad, but they sometimes make some bad choices.

Also, the conclusion of this episode set up some great situations for future resolution as the season comes to an end.

This episode was sad as well because April was hurt throughout the show and finally, she is the one who dies. It touches upon reality, that there are bad things that happen to very good people.

Great episode.