Jesse Stone Forums

Sunday 9:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Hello to Jesse Stone fans!

jamoon2006

[1]Jun 1, 2007
    • level: 36

Glad to see there is a section on TV.com for these great movies. While I wish there were more, I guess the limited number keeps them fresh and turning Jesse Stone into a longer series might reduce the quality of the stories. Tom Selleck would not have been my first choice to play Jesse Stone, but he's excellent - so much so that when I read the new novels, he is who I envision as Jesse.

The first three movies are all either out or coming soon to DVD, and I hope that the recent Sea Change comes out too. Even though some of the movies (especially Sea Change) differ from their source novels, they succeed in capturing the spirit of the books, and especially Robert B. Parker's dialogue and characters.

There are still two novels (Trouble in Paradise and High Profile) that have not been turned into movies, but Tom Selleck recently stated that there will be (at least) a fifth Jesse Stone movie. In fact, he even negotiated his contract with NBC's Las Vegas to grant him time off to shoot the movie!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

robinepowell

[2]Jun 3, 2007
    • level: 63

Actually you're wrong, there are three books that haven't been turned into movies, two of them of them coming before "Death in Paradise".  There's the first one, "About Paradise, Mass" which was published in 2000 and "Trouble in Paradise" published in 2002.  The third book "High Profile" was just published this year so the movie may air next year.

Edited on 06/03/2007 7:41pm
    Edited 2 total times.

jamoon2006

[3]Jun 4, 2007
    • level: 36

"About Paradise, Mass" is not a book. There are six (currently) books, according to Robert B. Parker's website. (And I trust him over somebody's homemade web page. After all, he should know. He wrote them!)

Even that website describes "Night Passage" as follows: "the FIRST book in Robert B. Parker's Jesse Stone series." You're mistaking the information someone has posted about the town of Paradise as an actual book. But here's hoping we get more real Jesse Stone books soon!

Here is the list of the series from Dr. Parker's website. http://www.robertbparker.net/jesse_stone.asp

Edited on 06/04/2007 8:30am
    Edited 3 total times.

robinepowell

[4]Jun 5, 2007
    • level: 63
    Thanks!  I'll e-mail this person and tell them their list is wrong.