Disney Channel (ended 2015)

Jessie Fan Reviews (138)

• I Probably want this show off the air.

Because I have seen every single episode and I also have seen enough of this show.
  • Worst depiction of nannying and babysitting ever

Normally I don't talk about modern Disney live-action teen sitcoms (with the only true exceptions being the wisdom-filled Girl Meets World and the family-targeted Good Luck Charlie), but ever since I laid my eyes on this show, I feel I must speak up.

Jessie is terrible. The main character Jessie is an unsuccessful actress who deserted her Texan hometown to "pursue her dream". Jessie is basically a pathetic loser, who works as a nanny to four children of a celebrity couple. She can't catch a break, is infamous for her trademark relationships, is the unluckiest character in the show, is horrible at acting and nannying, makes unfunny references to the fact that her dad's in the Army, and is pretty much treated like crap by everyone she knows).

To insult to injury, the four children she looks after are awful in their own right. The oldest and only biological, Emma, is a stereotypical fashion-obsessed teenager, who is pretty much the latest addition to every other Disney Channel girly-girl.

Luke is a ***ed underachiever, who thinks he's a catch with the ladies and pretty much pulls a breakdance move every time he can to over-define his actor's talent.

Ravi is an Indian nerd, who pretty much is the joke of every butt targeted at his social unpopularity and nerdy behavior. Though to be honest, he's nowhere near as sad and pathetic as Jessie.

The youngest, Zuri, is an African-American brat, whose the closest thing we have to a television troublemaker, but really, all she does is reference dolls, bedtime, imaginary friend and acts as the shoe's most sarcastic character.

The only character I really liked was Bertram, the family's lazy and cynical butler. Despite being the human equivalent of Garfield, Bertram shys away from work, usually snacking on cheese and taking day-long naps, yet he does a whole lot more work in the penthouse than Jessie has ever done and still gets a lot of backhand insults about him from everyone.

Jessie is an overrated teen sitcom filled with cliche characters, pointless plots, incessant bad jokes and an overly-depressing depiction of New York.

• One of the best shows on the disney channel!!!

This show always makes me a laugh and the episodes are never boring and never get old! The characters are really funny and the plot of the episodes are always extremely creative and unique!
  • shutting down the show

jessie is my fav show please do it for the people!!

why are you shutting it down?Its a great awesome show!!

kind regards

a big fan of jessie

• Hmm...

I like it but they should've make Ravi good at catching and good at some sports like Cricket and Table Tennis. I mean seriously, I thought he was a stereotypical Indian yet he can't catch as good as Luke. He should be wayyy better than everyone in his school at catching BECAUSE HE'S THE ONLY BROWN ASIAN IN HIS SCHOOL!!!
  • Not as bad as everyone is saying

Yes, while I do agree that pretty much all of the new Disney channel shows are garbage, Jessie isn't so much of a bad show as everyone is making it out to be. I feel like a lot of people who give bad reviews have only seen one or two episodes. I watch Jessie when I'm bored and nothing is on which is most of the time and its a pretty good show compared to the other crappy shows like Dog with a Blog and Austin and Ally. The characters may seem bratty but there are many episodes where they learn lessons and have heartfelt moments with not only their siblings but their parents, Jessie, and Bertram too. I do agree about the stereotypes like Jessie's and Ravi, but overall its the only good show on Disney Channel as of this year. Of course it will never be Suite Life or That's So Raven but amongst whats new on Disney Channel as well as Nick (ugh, don't get me started on the garbage Nick has been shitting out) it's a good show and its sad that its ending after this season. Can't wait to see what new shows Disney shits out in 2016, yay (sarcasm if you can't tell).
  • Love but hate.

This show sucks but some episodes are good. This show is full of stupid cheesy jokes. I hate how everyone always picks on the black kid Ravi for being unpopular. His accent is so fake btw. Emma is your typical stupid rich blonde and it's SOO annoying! We get it you're rich stop rubbing it in our faces! Jessie is so annoying with her " I wanna be an actress " and I hate how everyone picks on her with her " old boyfriend stories " Just SHUT UP about them! Luke is your typical stupid kid with bad smells but good looks and good dancing. I don't have a problem with Zuri but she was TERRIBLE in Season 1. I would have to say Bertrum is the ONLY good character in this stupid show. He is funny sometimes and I hate how everyone makes fun of him because he's chubby. They are basically fat shaming on this show! If I was living in a nice house with a bunch of money, I would treat my butler with some RESPECT and not act like a spolied brat! This show is racist,stupid,and totally unrealistic. When you fall out of a cab in New York, no one will give a crap. No obnoxious little girl will ask you to be her nanny. I'm so glad this show is cancelling . But I heard they are having a SPINOFF to this show? the only show that deserved a spin off and has a great one is Girl Meets World. Bunk'd should be cancelled by the first season.
  • u guys are great

U guys are so mean who are saying bad stuff about them. If u don't like them that is fine but don't type it or say it just keep it to yourself. The Jessie cast is the best.
  • Meh, I kinda hate Jessie

I really liked this show, it's good quality comedy but I think Jessie is too full of herself, all she goes on about sometimes is her so called 'acting career'. I find her mean to the kids and sometimes the kids seem like brats because if I ever did some of the things they do I would get so badly told off. And where on earth are there parents? Yeh I know they're working, but you never see them.. Overall it's quite good
  • Awesome

I have been watching Jessie ever since it has began. And have I stopped watching? No. And Jessie is not an abomination like some of Nick's new shit. It's a really good show, and Disney Channel has done a good job renewing it all the way to Season 4. I can't believe you guys are saying bad things about Jessie, when Nickelodeon is the channel that is the bad influence on younger kids. So if you want to say that, post it on Nicky, Ricky, Dicky and Dawn's "Poo Dunnit" page. So all you haters about a really good show, then shut up. And at least Disney doesn't copy off Nick. It's the other way around. So go post your comments on one of Nick's pages like I did.
  • Bad Influence To Young Kids

Don't get me wrong, the actresses and actors are great and I don't hate the show. First off the laugh tracks are absolutely annoying and distracting! My thoughts on the characters are:

Jessie: The stereotypical trashy southern person, with no style and a bad personality! Not everyone from the south is like this... I honestly think they give the southern states a bad name.

Emma: Once again the stereotypes! The dumb high school student such as (London Tipton, Skylar, Piper, and Paisley). Just because someone is pretty doesn't mean they don't have brains!

Luke: The kid that flirts with girls ages older then him. And continuing with the bad hygiene joke throughout the four seasons.

Ravi: This kid has probably never stepped foot in India before! And its absolutely sick how everyone pus him around..

Zuri:The black though girl looking to always start fights and I very lazy! if I were black id be extremely offended!!

Over all this is unoriginal and rude.
  • Hey Jessie "haters"! Get out!

Jessie is the best show Disney Channel has ever had. It features characters for an audience to grow up with, but not in a simplistic, cliche kind of way. I also like that although the kids' lives aren't the most realistic (it's a Disney sitcom, after all), kids can still relate to them. I also like that Debby Ryan serves practically as a mentor for these kids for the show in real life.
  • The only good show on Disney Channel

It's sooo funny! The writers to this are amazing
  • Hey Jessie! You're the best show on Disney Channel!

This is the truth: Jessie is a really sweet show despite the stereotyping, sure in one episode, Ravi was being teased at school. but when Jessie got involved, she said that she always thought of an older sibling as someone to stick up for you. I never thought of an older sibling like that, to be honest. The show is also really funny, I swear, once I laughed so hard I couldn't carry out a conversation. I also stomach this show a lot more than almost all of the other DC shows. The acting is pretty good, too. I especially love how Debby Ryan serves as a mentor for all these kids on the show. This is definitely my favorite Disney show.
  • Enough Hygiene Jokes

It's season 4. I know this is Disney - the channel than tends to lock characters down until they're drained, but how about letting them evolve a bit. Season 4 premier still has plenty of lines about Luke's poor hygiene. The character is in high school and the actor who plays him is almost 16 and looks it. How about instead of BO jokes, let shift gears. How about Luke begins to understand that girls don't like guys who stink? Of course, we've never seen girls hold their noise in his presence. Maybe that would be a good point to see him transition. Perhaps we can joke about excessive showers making his skin pucker or maybe he makes a poor choice in cologne. Allowing the characters to evolve a bit as people might hold an audience beyond season 4.
  • This show sucks

Jessie is the most annoying character. She's not cute. Her voice is annoying. Btw why hire help if you adopted children. You chose to adopt just to never be around and have some crazy teen run around town with the kids who says theyre her kids all the time. What a sad life. The show is not good at all. Id rather watch 90s Disney than this crap. Like so weird was a good show. Stop making Disney for little kids by casting little kids. Disney used to have grown teens on the shows now the main characters are like five? I thought that's why they had playhouse Disney for.. All these shows that are trying to be funny trying to be like that's so raven and Hannah Montana they aren't funny at all! Have real shows with real substance. God I miss the 90s. Who ever writes jokes for Disney and shows needs to be fired. These shows are Not funny. Hope you stop making these kind of shows in 2015. Ok I'm done now.
  • Terrible show

I'm just talking about Jessie in this review. Even though the kids are stuck up and a horrible influence to kids watching this show, I want to say that a lot of the things Jessie says about Texas is probably not true. I live in Texas and I do not like what she says about Texas. For example, in the episode where Jessie went to Texas for her father's wedding, she told Emma that the state bird of Texas was the buzzard. That really offended me since the state bird is really the mockingbird. NOT a buzzard. Plus, just because some one lives in Texas, they don't always get an accent. Also, even though I don't have an accent, I think hers is pretty bad.

Basically, I think this show is uninformative and a waste of time.
  • it is just dumb to write mean coments

you bitches (haters) out there think it is cool to write about the Jessie cast. you never know they must have just been making the characters like that to make you laugh. and really they are coping off the nanny. nobody watches the nanny anymore . it is just disrespectful to talk about people . i bet you haters are just jealous that you couldn't have such a fun life as the Jessie cast. they do everyday for us. just to make you laugh but noooo. you have to go on the internet for everybody to see the dumb shit you right about those shows. what bitches you haters are.
  • Jessie is pretty good

This show is really good and zuri is adorable(: luke is funny and baically all the cast are talanted and i think this show is really intresting to watch and has great story to it.
  • Stupid!

The only good thing about this show is that Indian kid, Ravi.
  • An asinine sterotype festivity from Disney Channel

Just like the rest of the garbage Disney Channel throws at you nowadays (I have yet to watch Gravity Falls), this show is another failure that only the most attention-deprived of idiots will like. As my title says, this show is an entire festivity of stereotypes; this show has the biggest stereotypical characters in one show to the max! And that's the most obvious of this atrocious show's problems.

Let's start with the characters; so once again, all of them are big stereotypes, & unlikable ones too:

- Jessie, the main characters of the show, is a southern idiot from Texas, who even has a damn accent (or Texan to be better put) just to keep referencing that she's from the south. She is a bumbling idiot of a nanny & one of the worst ever. She is not responsible with the kids, & could clearly give a rat's ass about them anyways. She only cares about becoming a big star.

- Emma is the oldest sister, who is a DUMB BLOND! And calling her dumb is wrong, because she's far from dumb, she's a complete moron. Spoiled, always wanting to have things done her way, & wanting boys too old for her. Her next stereotype is that exactly, SHE IS A TYPICAL PRETEEN BLONDE; she is always talking about fashion, boys, texting the shit out of her phone, spoiled, sneaking out & disobeying direct orders, & wanting to date all the damn time.

- Then we have the little brother, who has no actual personality, & is supposed to serve as comedic relief, only he's just as stupid as his sister. His stereotyping is that he's too young but is crushing on the older nanny/babysitter, who is Jessie. And he fails miserably at it as well. Like we haven't seen that done before.

- Zuri is a sassy diva stereotype with her "Oh no you di'in't" type of attitude, always trying to be the smart one, & the only one who somehow is smarter than the whole family. Her acting is questionable, but better than the rest of the actors in here (for what it's worth).

- Bertrad, the obvious lazy, FAT butler. How in the hell did this guy even become a butler in the first place? The guy doesn't do jack-shit all damn day, practically hates the kids, & only does something [well done] when the parents are home; which is hardly ever.

- We finally come to Ravi, who is the worst, most annoying character in this stereotype-fest of a show. He is an adopted boy from India who, surprise surprise, is ALWAYS referencing that he is from India, hell he even has the damn accent! "Ice cream? In India, we call it Not only that, but his stereotyping is almost an offense to actual Indian people. I have plenty of Indian friends, & know plenty of Indian people that act NOTHING like Ravi does. Hell, my driving school teacher had the Indian accent on him, but he was far from being Indian-esque in personality. And to make things more hilarious, plenty of Indian people have even complained about Ravi's stereotyping, always saying how even people straight from India don't even act the way he does, & even people who originally came from India many years back & were raised in the . grew up losing their Indian accents, & acting far more American than anything else. Whereas Ravi is a sad-excuse for a comedic character that is just there to pretty much offend anyone.

The majority of the crap he compares to India don't even make any damn sense (I'll bet they are in no way in hell even accurate or true).

As for the acting, oh man, just like in my previous reviews on the garbage shows from Disney Channel, this show has dreadful acting. Debby Ryan is a shitty actress who needs to take acting classes & fast. She somehow manages to give decent performances in the 'original' movies Disney Channel shits out with her, but in the show she is awful in almost every meaning of the word. Everyone else is just as bad as she is (though Skai's acting is questionable).

The show is also completely unrealistic. Debby Ryan's character traveled & instantly got herself a rich-ass job for a filthy rich guy by baby sitting his rotten kids. No way in hell will you ever get a job that good or easy arriving to a big city from jumping out of a damn cab (unless you're a whore like the girls from Shake it Up). In that case, I may as well jump off a damn bus in LA & see if Hollywood will hire me to allow me to wipe Johnny Depp's ass or give fashion advise to Angelina Jolie for 10K a day.

The show has no damn point, no story, not plot, & makes no damn sense. The jokes are corny, poorly executed crap that only someone with an IQ of 50 & under could possibly enjoy. This show's jokes are about as funny as Paul Blart.

So, this show is just more crap thrown to you by a shit network that needs to be shut down right now or kicked in the ass to get itself on the right direction. One could only have such atrocious taste in shows to like this garbage. Hopefully Jessie will get canned like it's other alias, Shake it Up.
  • Stereotypical, Dried-Up Humor with Terrible Plot

How could any self-respecting person watch this without throwing up? It's just a rip off of The Nanny (which was a great show in the mid 90s), and is just pointless.

Jessie- Stereotypes Texans. Not every Texan talks with a stupid accent and acts like a complete redneck. Just some stupid person who goes all the way to New York and randomly gets kicked out of a cab and meets some family of a bunch of spoiled rich kids. Before they know her for an hour, she is given a job to babysit their kids. Really, Disney? No thought for that? Debby Ryan- Pretty good actress, accepts the stupidest roles.

Zuri- Stereotypical African-American sass master. Takes disrespect to a whole new level with her corny "Oh no you didn't" and all that. She is just terrible.

Emma- Stereotypical dumb blonde who only talks about cute guys, expensive clothing, and texting. We get it, Disney! Apparently no attractive 15-year old blonde girl can show interest in anything except fashion, boys, and texting. Peyton List actually was in the Diary of A Wimpy Kid Movie and did a pretty good job, but this was just terrible.

Luke- Annoying little 11-year old bitch-ass kid who flirts with Jessie, and acts so immature for his age. He still sleeps with a stuffed koala, and gets scared of everything. Tries too hard to impress people. he isn't as stereotypical as just plain annoying.

Ravi- Stereotypes Indians. He makes the most offensive comedy about Indian people, like jokes about how indians sleep on beds of nails and call ice cream soup.

Bertram- The lazy ass butler who does nothing unless the bosses are around. Not much else to say about him.

Get this racist ass show off Disney. It gets a 1.5 because it isn't as bad as Austin and Ally or Dog With A Blog.
  • I used to like Jessie but now.....

Ok so I admit that I never liked How the characters in Jessie acted. When you are old enough to know these kids are spoiled it's fine but If you are a little kid who hasn't learned any better yet you will learn that If you talk back to your parents and make fun of people you don't get in trouble and you always get your way. That is not what bothers me though. I hate the new episodes!!! It all went down hill with the future episode and now every episode is just for comedy. What the heck was the space episode? It was so stupid and now there is a zombie episode coming? I feel like they just gave up on trying to be good. This seasons episodes are awful and I hope they don't get another season.
  • No, just No

As much as I like Debby Ryan, she should've just not taken a deal with Disney. (sigh)
  • the cowardly lion

on Jessie, Bertram reminds me of the cowardly lion on the wizard of oz

if they ever remade the wizard of oz he would be great to play the lion

and please take that as a complement
  • Shitty

This is the most stupidest show I ever watched.
  • I Like It

I'm too lazy to write a review
  • LAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Umm they just ripped of the Nanny just liike Glc ripped of full house but hey at least Glc was good and semi orginal
  • Who approved this

One thing I noticed about this show , is the writers always have these children as spoiled brats who give the nanny a hard time but are never the issue . Other charectors are always on the wrong and the 4 children are never to be blamed .

The writers try really hard to make the kids " nice " but also stuck up and rich kids . Each child is a stereotype . And the adult charectors are poor too.
  • Not bad, Disney Channel