A Jimmy Kimmel Live Community
Weekdays 11:35 PM on ABC

A DIFFERENT KIND OF CREATURE FEATURE

... Syfy has given an eight-episode order to Jim Henson’s Creature Shop Challenge, a reality competition series that will pit 10 "aspiring creature creators" against one another as they attempt to craft the best and most imaginative inanimate creature designs in various challenges. The prize is $100K and a contract working at the world-renowned Jim Henson’s Creature Shop™. Brian Henson—Jim Henson's son and chairman of The Jim Henson Company and the Creature Shop—will serve as the series' lead judge. [Syfy via press release]

BUSINESS TIME

... Super producer Greg Berlanti (Political AnimalsEverwoodArrowThe Tomorrow People) has extended his contract with Warner Bros. TV through 2018, adding three more years to his original deal. In addition to the two series he's currently got going at The CW, Berlanti has already set up several pilots at various networks for next season. You know what this means: robot. Or possibly an identical twin also named Greg. Either way, the man's work ethic is unnatural and he's making the rest of us look bad. [Variety]

... Hey-o, Kanye West is going to be a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! tomorrow night, October 9 at 11:35pm. If you're wondering why this deserves a mention in today's News Briefs, go read this little ditty about Kanye's Twitter reaction to a spoof Kimmel did late last month... and then be sure to set your DVR. [ABC via press release]

... NBC is adapting yet another series from across the pond. This time its Andy Samberg's Cuckoo, about a young woman who comes home from a summer abroad married to a hippie moron. The project has received a put pilot commitment from NBC. Original series creators Robin French and Kieron Quirke will be back to write the adaptation. [Deadline]

... In case the Emmys aren't enough, now The Big Bang Theory is being recognized with a special art exhibit dedicated to to the friendship of Sheldon, Leonard, and the rest of the gang. From October 19 through November 10, the Nucleus gallery in Alhambra, California will showcase the exhibit "The Physics of Friendship: A Tribute to The Big Bang Theory." If you live in the L.A. area, there's a free fan celebration on Saturday, October 19 from 7pm to 11pm. And yes, costumes are encouraged. For more information, click here. To preview some of the artwork on display, check out our Tumblr! [Warner Bros. via press release]

... Fox has murdered Murder Police before it ever even aired. The animated comedy will be shopped around to cable networks once more episodes are completed and ready to screen. The series, which originally received a 13-episode order at Fox, centered on an inept detective and his co-workers. Do you think maybe they saw it and realized they already had that series and it was live-action and called Brooklyn Nine-Nine? [TV Guide]

... TNT has ordered second season of its docu-drama series Cold Justice, starring former prosecutor Kelly Siegler and crime scene investigator Yolanda McClary as they crack cold cases. Apparently it's been doing fairly well for TNT in its Tuesday-at-10pm time slot. [TNT via press release]

... Steve Carell and Shine America are working tirelessly to bring to life an American adaption of Slide Show, which as far as I can tell is just Whose Line Is It Anyway? performed on a set that's tilted at a 22.5 degree angle. Sorry, America. [Fox via press release]

... Don't expect to see Frances McDormand's character Sheriff Marge Gunderson in FX's Fargo. Since the series isn't an exact retelling of the movie, she won't be making an appearance. Bummer. [THR]

... David Boreanaz is refuting rumors that he'll be leaving Bones next season. Booth will be back if the series is renewed, so you can go ahead and delete that Change.org petition you were starting. [Zap2It]

CASTING NEWS

... Jeri Ryan (Star Trek: Voyager) has joined Syfy’s new series Helix, from Battlestar Galactica's Ronald D. Moore. Ryan will play Ilaria Corporation's Chief Operating Officer Constance Sutton. Ilaria is the owner of Arctic Biosystems, the research facility where the series takes place. Constance is said to be charismatic and used to getting everything she wants, no matter the cost. [Syfy via press release]

... Annie Wersching (24) will guest-star on an upcoming episode of Castle. She'll play Dr. Kelly Nieman, a cosmetic surgeon under suspicion for her connection to a murder victim. [TV Line]

SUPER SERIOUS IMPORTANT CELEBRITY NEWS

... Kris Jenner and Bruce Jenner are getting a divorce after 22 years of marriage. I wonder how many viewers that episode of Keeping Up With the Kardashians will bring in? Maybe E! can do a special? [E! Online]

... Connie Britton has revealed her magical hair secret! [Huffington Post]

... Michelle Williams took her daughter to the old Dawson's Creek sets around Wilmington, North Carolina. Awww. [US Weekly]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 8/11/2016

Season 14 : Episode 109

39 Comments
Comments (39)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Oooooh, why don't they make a new series with Jim Henson puppets instead? Something like Dinosaurs or Farscape...

Why do people watch the Kardashian family? God, such trash!

Helix sounds interesting, but I don't like Jeri Ryan that much.
Flag
The Creature Shop! Where is the like button!
Flag
Always excited to see Jeri Ryan doing stuff! And I'll prolly give the competition show a shot. Anything with art and creativity gets me curious.
Flag
Kaitlin, the bit about The Big Bang Theory art show has "dedicated to to the friendship" with that extra "to" in it and also "our Tumblr" which I'm assuming is swiped from their press release, unless you're part of the show.
Flag
Should be called "Mup Off". Anyway, it's an interesting idea and I actually think I'd watch Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge, it's not all felt and ping pong ball halves at the creature shop, and expressing an idea with simple tools can be very interesting. But I hope I'm not alone in that interest, it feels like a challenge to make other people watch. Please make sure to keep us in the loop on the airdate.

Andy Samberg, a remake, and NBC? The perfect recipe for 4 aired episodes and 9 unaired episodes.

Holy crap, I love the art in that TBBT art show, I was expecting it to be awful but those are 4 great pieces. Not sure I can make that fan day though, but I'll try to get my buddies to meet at this instead of a restaurant.

Aw man, I wanted to see Murder Police, and it got FOX'D!
Flag
That's mental.
Flag
Helix sounds intriguing.
Flag
Its good that Jeri Ryan is back doing another sci-fi show but I loved her in Body of Proof. I was hoping she stuck to those kinds of show. Oh well, whatever this new show from Syfy is, I'm skeptical but willing to try it out.

Speaking of Syfy, I used to watch Face-Off but I stopped watching after the season they let an eliminated contestant win. I actually welcome another creative reality show. Its really nice to watch artists work in pressure and in a competition.
Flag
Michelle Williams has for a long time tried to keep her DC history at arm's length, which has always annoyed me since Jen meant so much to me. But recently she seems to be embracing it more and this just made me go, "Awww!"
Flag
keep the Muppets out of reality shows....It's the least you can do.
Flag
Why not? it's not like Disney, who still owns them, if not mistaken, is doing much with them despite all the networks they own.
Flag
but the vast majority of reality shows on TV have always been filled with total muppets : /
Flag
Hey SyFy, while you have Jim Henson AND Rockne O'Bannon doing stuff for you over there, why don't you continue a little show called FARSCAPE!
Flag
On Murder Police: how bad must a show be if Fox won't air it?
Flag
Art exhibit for BBT, is there a laugh track along with it?
Flag
Whiskey tango foxtrot, the set is tilted at a 22.5-degree angle? Was that serious or did I miss the joke?
Flag
100% serious, in the teenage world, it's fairly well liked over here in Australia, otherwise, not so much, we'll see how it goes in America
Flag
Yes, sorry. We have that here in Australia. (Feel free to youtube). It's pretty ridiculous! They also do charades and stuff with our "celebrities" - they are mostly comedians with a couple of actors thrown in.
Flag
Heh, okay.

I guess the Greek version will have the set tilted at π/8 radians.
Flag
One of the biggest arguments I've always heard in favor of American remakes of UK shows is that Americans can't properly understand the accents or culture...Well, if we got in the habit of airing the original shows instead of remaking 'em, that would very quickly change. People in the UK understand our shows just fine because they watch the same shit over there that we do, as well as theirs.

I pine for the day US networks make a habit of importing rather than remaking...I remember when NBC tried it one summer with Merlin, but they chickened out like giant, hairy pussies...but at least the Doctor who thing this year is another step overall in the right direction.
Flag
Or that Murder Police reminded them they had Good Guys, and if that failed, then....
Flag
The Good Guys didn't fail Fox, Fox failed to market The Good Guys.
Flag
I watched it, but gave up on it after the episode where Whitford spends too much time trying to figure out how the laptop computer worked. For me, it was just too slow and dumb and basically represented the whole tone of the series. It's sad when shows and movies have good ideas, but poor execution of them for one or more reasons. I honestly do not think marketing was an issue. Who knows if FOX executives realized the show was just not that good, so did not think it worth the additional cost and effort to support it more.
Flag
I don't know why but I feel kind of bad for Bruce Jenner. He life was probably a lot better before his wife went money/fame crazy. He just loved his model airplanes.
Flag
Bruce Jenner getting divorced...? It couldn't be cause he woke up one night, realized what kind of people he was involved with and ran screaming to the nearest celeb rehab clinic....lol
Flag
I've seen clips of Slide Show and it looks pretty funny.
Flag
That should be:
Jeri Ryan (everything you've ever watched)
Flag
Follow this Show
Members