Joan of Arcadia Forums

CBS (ended 2005)

Who wants Joan of Arcadia back??

kaospilotX

[41]Aug 14, 2006
    • level: 8
    Reminds me of the cancellation of Dead Like Me, very sad.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

keith22

[42]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 25
    im feeling sad just bring it back

robinh4

[43]Aug 23, 2006
    • level: 29
    I want Joan Of Arcadia back on the air. I miss it!

angrodpallanen

[44]Oct 13, 2006
    • level: 22
    Who doesn't want the show back? It was one the best shows I've ever seen. Brilliant in every way.

ragonzul

[45]Oct 14, 2006
    • level: 8
    JoA was one of few shows that i "clicked" with. An amazing show without a doubt. I feel with all of you. I wish it back on air with all my heart

ChaseCameron

[46]Oct 17, 2006
    • level: 10
    I just recently got into this show and I love it! I ordered the first season online. I need to learn not to start watching cancelled shows but sadly I can't help myself. I'm going to be really pissed off after I watch the entire series and wish there was some way to bring it back. Near the end of season 2 it was getting around 8 million viewers which isn't great. I'm also a fan however of Ghost Whisperer I just wish there was a way they could both be on.

sullivank

[47]Nov 7, 2006
    • level: 2

Hi Joan-Lovers! When this didn't return, I was HEARTBROKEN! It had become my absolute favorite show. I've even written to... was it NBC or CBS?!?!?!?! But I don't think that they liked my sorrowful letter, because they never responded. Thanks for all of the support! KK

shokov

[48]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 3
    it should come back they promised¡ i didnt even get to see the last episode of the season because it didnt air in my country.

hypnoticjohn

[49]Nov 29, 2006
    • level: 1

i want joan back,i just started watching this great show we get it seven nights a week at 2am repeated at 3am

i watch them both,it's a great show it's the only one i will stop up for, there;s no violence,no swearing,no sex,the kids are not obnoxious and it makes you care about the lives of the people involved,i think the whole show is a winner

because it is written from a womans point of view this makes it more caracter driven the people seem to have more depth.we get most of the american shows over here in the u.k.this one is a real gem

Klod007

[50]Dec 1, 2006
    • level: 5
    Not too long ago, the season 2 DVD came out. Of course, I ordered it as soon as I could. I Loved the show. Today it arrived with the mail. Now I've started my own private re-run at home, and I'm heartbroken all over again, about the cancellation.

kazeraven

[51]Dec 30, 2006
    I just finished watching the series through netflix. I'll most likely be buying it at some point. The only way i could see of bringing a show back from the dead in one form or another is money. Get your friends to watch episodes and get into it so they buy the dvds and so on. Enough dvds sales and it's chances of coming back will go up. I'd like to at least see a tv movie to finish things off. Anyways, it's worked before

surfbum123

[52]Jan 1, 2007
    The song played at the end of the episode "Out of Sight" (second show of second season) is "Can't Be Long" by The Enablers. Does anyone know who is singing it and where I can find a recording of it? It's not on any of the Enablers CD's I've looked at.......

night_hawk7

[53]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 10
    I just rewatched the second season via DVD and I was disappointed all over again by how great the last couple episodes are but we nEVER get to see anything else cause CBS shamelessly canceled the show. It had such great potential for season 3. I think our only option is for the series to get wrapped up better in book form. We should lobby for this.

agent_0042

[54]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 66
    I watched two episodes with commentary on the second season DVD today, checked out from the library. Man, I miss this show and so much about it. Yeha, I want it back.

Books?! Yeah! Wonderful idea! I would love book releases for this show.

matthewGG94

[55]Jan 26, 2007
    • level: 2
    Gosh, I just watched the last few episodes for the first time. What a shame that this show was cancelled! The networks are so stupid. I mean, I'm sure the ratings were bad, but it is the JOB of the networks to recognize quality and be patient. A lot of great shows didn't get ratings right away. The blew it on this one.

bracques

[56]Feb 2, 2007
    • level: 9

matthewGG94 wrote:
    Gosh, I just watched the last few episodes for the first time. What a shame that this show was cancelled! The networks are so stupid. I mean, I'm sure the ratings were bad, but it is the JOB of the networks to recognize quality and be patient. A lot of great shows didn't get ratings right away. The blew it on this one.

you are so right! they should implement "quality first" kinda rule. sad to say that's not the way it works anymore...

sc2008

[57]Mar 27, 2007
    • level: 4
    I really do miss this show.  It was actually decent, unlike so many of the other shows out there today.  I wish they would air the reruns somewhere though.

kathrynkkgrace

[58]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 4
    Lord you know there are no words for how amazing that show was. BRING IT BACK is the song i'm singin over here

max_grandeur

[59]May 2, 2007
    • level: 7

I absolutely HATE!!! that CBS cancelled Joan of Arcadia! In fact I seriously considered boycotting CBS programming, however they barely saved themselves with Jericho. I think that all the fans should sign a written petition and send it to CBS Television and actress Amber Tamblyn.

Anybody who agrees with me can email me at max_grandeur@yahoo.com. Be specific in the subject line so I know it isn't spam.

ernienet

[60]May 2, 2007
    • level: 7

The ratings were not bad - they just were not the right demographic, as I understand it.

Joan of Arcadia had a mixed audience - young and old, male and female, etc. Because of that, CBS could not maximize targeted advertising revenue. Advertisers pay more when the audience is a tight target that the advertiser wants to reach. With JOA, they could not guarantee that they were going to reach their target so they were reticent to spend the money.

We all have to remember that TV, for the most part, is not about entertaining us, but about making money. There are rare occasions when conventional wisdom says to keep losers on TV because the network decision-makers have a passion to get a particular message out, but other than that, it's about the money.

Programs like Cold Case, The West Wing, and others were 'agenda TV'. They wanted to influence the thinking of viewers for their own particular purposes. It's very unfortunate, because a lot of less-discerning people adapt those views and advance them in their own social circles, and ultimately in the voters box.

JOA was excellent TV. I'll treasure my Season 1 and 2 DVD's (and a few emmy DVD's I got on eBay) for many years. It's always nice to run through the episodes every couple of years and think about the positive messages communicated in each story line.

Once in awhile, another great show comes along for us to enjoy - remember American Dreams? And who's been watching Jericho or Prison Break? Those are pretty good, too. I don't think any of them measure up to JOA, though.