Joan of Arcadia Forums

CBS (ended 2005)

Why did the show go off the air?

Raynil

[1]Jul 22, 2008
    • level: 3
    I've just found out about this show, and I kinda like it. But I can see here on TV.com that it has ended. What is the reason for this? Same as all the other serien, lack of viewers?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

agent_0042

[2]Aug 16, 2008
    • level: 66
    Well, yes... though there's a bit more to it than that. Not everyone agrees, but there was a feeling among some that the show stumbled creatively during its second season-- problems with writing and stunt-casting and other issues of the sort. Which led to the declining ratings and thus, ultimately, CBS's decision to cancel the show.

SupremeLegate

[3]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 13
    Or it could simply be buase people suck.

ed3103

[4]Dec 3, 2008
    • level: 3
    and also because of some people sayin it was too religious...
    but we have so much negative shows....that put people down morally and don't care about consequences of wrong and right at least have one good show...on THIS IS ONE GOOD SHOW!!

soapieaddict23

[5]Dec 29, 2010
    • level: 18

I'm an atheist, and I LOVE this show. I don't think it's too religious at all. I think a lot of people just judge books, movies and tv shows based on things they've read. Just like Northern Lights - there isn't anything religious in the first book unless you are looking mighty hard. Saved! was the same way - wasn't poking fun at religion, just poking fun at the absolute nature of Christianity. It's sad that religion affects things like that. Joan of Arcadia is a genuinely good show. I am really upset it got cancelled! Stupid Nielsen.