Joan of Arcadia

CBS (ended 2005)

Gislef

Joan of Arcadia Fan Reviews (116)

• Joan of Arcadia is just not the typical teenage drama,it's a masterpiece.

One of the deepest shows television has ever had.It showed us the true emotions of life,showed us how hard the life is and that it is so hard to fit into it.The show has totally a hreatwarming note and tells us that the life is tough but there is always someone who can be good and who can help you.
    Joan is young and confused teenager who can talk to God.It is controversial if the voice of God is just in her head.The show shows us how confused are the nowadays teenager and that the voice of God can be just some precaution for Joan.
    Her life is tougher because of her family.Her older brother is paralysed and depressed.His story is one of the deepest of a paralyzed man I have watched on television.Every story of this series has something to say to everyone.The paralyzed boy storyline shows everyone that noone should loose their hope and to believe that wonders can happen.
    Joan's younger brother is a jerk and tries to fit into the high school teen life.
    Joan's father is, I don't remember clearly,something connected with the police and his job is hard enough to handle a family.
    It's a great series that have been praised both by the viewers and the critics.It's surprising how a somehow teen oriented show is nominated for an Emmy for Outstanding Drama Series but it truly shows the series's potenitial.And the performance of Amber Tamblyn is one of the greatest I have seen in my life so far.She is also nominated for Emmy and Golden Globe.
    A perfect series with great actors,characters and storylines.