Joan of Arcadia

CBS (ended 2005)

Gislef

Joan of Arcadia Fan Reviews (116)

• An excellent show exploring concepts of God and the connectivity we share with others without eluding specifically to any religious doctrine. Started off as a somewhat strange premise to me but grew on me rather quickly.

I think that this show really endeared itself to me rather quickly despite my initial impressions of crossing a police drama with a spiritual teen drama. After a few episodes, it seemed that the production settled well into its premise and repeatedly foreshadowed ideas not expressed until later in the show. Though presenting at least 2 (?) religious approaches, the show did not connect itself to them at least from the prospective of a teen girl carrying on a relationship with God. Casting was great and each character really began to take on 3 dimensional aspects of their own. I sometimes disapproved of ultimate plots designed for at least two characters from the show but as a whole am glad to have watched it.

A strange deviation in concept planned for a 3rd season, it is truly a shame as I even still would have enjoyed seeing it. Personally, I cannot imagine how the new concepts would be approached...