Joan of Arcadia

Something Wicked This Way Comes

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 22, 2005 on CBS

• I really enjoyed this episode but as it got to the end I was trying to figure out how everything could be resolved in a matter of seconds....but nothing was.

So yeah....it's pretty annoying. I think the episode itself is damn good, but the whole episode is based around building up a huge climax that just doesn't happen. I thought maybe i'd missed an episode (i.e. that it was a 2-parter or something) then I checked and realised this was the final episode and now we'll never know what could happen. It would be so easy to continue the story in another season but they won't and none of the viewers have been given the opportunity to see how things pan out. It's really disappointing. I personally think the how could have run for a good few more seasons but we've been left with hundreds of questions and not one answer. I don't understand why good shows that invoke thought on a deeper level for the viewers always seem to get cancelled way before their time. The least they could've done was make it a 2-parter so we'd get some answers.
    I recorded the finale and as the minutes counted down at the end I felt increasingly agitated. The whole battle hadn't even begun yet and then...nothing.
    I wish there was something that could be done to make it right. :(