Joey Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Friends or Joey

which sitcom do u like better

bunny71

[1]Mar 11, 2008
    • level: 3
    I don't know which sitcom I like better Joey was only givien 2 seasons for the characters to devolop and it went downhill fast but friend lasted almost ten years with a really awsome ending maybe if Joey had more time to become a secess it could have done better wat do u think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

crazyinluv

[2]Mar 16, 2008
    • level: 6

It has to be Friends, there is just no comparison. If Joey had been a completely new show, I doubt wheter I would've liked it as much. Friends was a perfect show, with each episode awesome on its own, while Joey is flawed, to put it simply. Joey is just as lovable and they've actually made a commendable effort by making this spin off, because the real strenght of Friends-the show was the chemistry between the main cast. But at the end of the day, Joey can't be considered better than Friends in any way. I'm really glad Joey got to be the spin off, because I was never happy with the way they ended things for Joey. With Chandler joking about Joey growing old in his house.... it seemed like exactly what might've happened and it was a treat to watch Joey not getting a raw deal for a change. So if has to be the order of preferance, its:

1. Friends

and then

2. Joey

hmnut7

[3]Mar 22, 2008
    • level: 12
    It's unfair to even compare the two. Friends was a 10 years successful show, a household brand, a TV icon. Joey was a short lived show.

I think Joey was a lot better than critics made it sound, it just came out at a time when traditional sitcoms were a dying breed, and it could never get out of the "Friends" Shadow. Joey was a great show but Friends was a part of millions of peoples lives.

hainesg324

[4]Apr 25, 2008
    • level: 44

Friends was definitely a better show, mainly because the jokes were more consistent and the characters better developed. I also think it helped that it was an ensemble show and they had at least three story lines an episode, whereas Joey is usually just focused on Joey himself and the others just walk on to chat to him for a couple of lines and then leave.

However, I think Joey could have developed and got better. I thought the second half of the second series was very funny, especially with Zach - I think that's what Joey needed, another guy best friend to hang out with.

heroesfan07

[5]Apr 26, 2008
    • level: 21
    Joey is great but Friends was just too good.

mangeeh

[6]May 6, 2008
    • level: 7
    heroesfan07 wrote:
    Joey is great but Friends was just too good.

Yeah, It was hard to follow Friends but i actually think Joey did a great job!

Kennymacdougall

[7]May 13, 2008
    • level: 22

I agree on the ending of Friends , being that they didn't give Joey a real ending. All his other friends were happy and he's the only one who hasn't anything left for him, so I think the spin-off was a perfect way for him to find his way.

I love Joey, and it should have gotten more seasons, also to see his old friends back, just like in Frasier when we saw characters from Cheers return so the audience could see how they were doing.

I cannot choose between these 2 shows, they're both great in their own way.

boildacabbage

[8]May 29, 2008
    • level: 14
    Friends by far. I did like the 1st season of Joey but nothing can be compared to Friends. What a classic!

Elwingda

[9]Jun 8, 2008
    • level: 10
    I enjoyed Joey greatly and it's a very good sitcom compared to many others but it could never compete with 'Friends'. In fact, there are only very very few sitcoms that could.

super_georgiaaa

[10]Jul 5, 2008
    • level: 5
    Friends is so much better than Joey ! It was obious thast it wouldn't go well. I mean Friends is one of the greatest sitcoms EVER !@

SMGslayer97

[11]Jul 8, 2008
    • level: 34
    Friends, I wanted to give Joey a chance I really did and I even managed to stomach a few episodes but it just wasn't good. I mean I missed the rest of the Friends crew but that wasn't the only problem, a lot of things were wrong with the show.

xlovedust

[12]Aug 3, 2008
    • level: 45
    Friends. It was funnier and was more developed even with more characters. All the characters were so different from one another but together, they were one unbreakable group. I didn't feel that way about the characters in Joey. Gina was totally annoying and Alex really needed to step out of her shell.

RavenFreak120

[13]Aug 28, 2008
    • level: 21
    Seriously, do y'all think Friends characters were as developed in Season 1 than they were in S10? I like Joey... I think it's funny. I've just started watching re-runs now -- I never got to the re-runs before... I wish this show coulda ran longer. It was great. This and Back to You nixxed by FOX could of both had MUCH longer runs.

xxsitcomsxx

[14]Aug 31, 2008
    • level: 9
    I hate to be predictable but Friends all the way! ! It is just too good and I don't think it will be topped for a while! !
    XxkissessxX

Angel200489

[15]Nov 14, 2008
    • level: 46
    Friends is one of the best tv shows ever. Joey can't compete with that...

Friends all the way!!

rebachick94

[16]Dec 30, 2009
    • level: 16
    I don't think there's really a comparison. Joey just wasn't long enough to be able to compete with Friends. I thought this show was very funny or at least what I've seen of it. It didn't really mess with Friends and ruin its image. It just told the story of what happened to Joey after Friends ended. I just think the bar for this show was too high because the way that the characters interracted with each other was hilarious.