Joey Forums

NBC (ended 2006)

Joey Submission Guidelines

Angel200489

[1]Nov 14, 2008
    • level: 46

You can check out TV.com's Guidelines Center where they list their submission rules and pretty much anything else you wanted to know about TV.com.

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES:

1. QUOTES:

Format:
    Please use HTML coding for the proper areas. BOLD the speaker's name, but not the colon ( : ). Make sure the colon is put after the bolding, unless there's some sort of action listing next, in that case, put the colon after the action listing and its HTML coding. Actions belong in brackets, if they're referring to something the speaker is doing or talking to someone right then. All actions should be listed in ITALICS. Do not include paragraph or break codes in submissions please just use the enter key. Yes, this shows up strangely in the preview, but believe me, it goes to the normal format once approved. Please remember to close all HTML coding tags with a " / ", otherwise the bolding or italicizing will continue on for everything. I will edit quotes if I have the time, but if I'm in a particularly cranky mood, expect a rejection. Check out the TV.com's Guidelines Center for examples and further details on the formatting.

Length/Types of Quotes:
    Quotes should be short and sweet, and word-for-word from the episode. Don't paraphrase and don't rehash a whole scene. Any quotes not following this guideline will be rejected or deleted.

Quotes section:
    TV.com only has so much space on the main page for quotes, if you look closely at the bottom of the displayed quotes, there's a link for MORE QUOTES where the rest are listed. Please don't submit duplicate quotes, check first.

2. DISPUTING/DELETING QUOTES & TRIVIA:
    Don't post anything starting with "in response to...". If you can dispute something and want it removed, use the edit button, click on DELETE THIS BLURB and type (in the User Comments), the reason why it's wrong and should be removed. Do not just edit the blurb adding your reasons why in the actual submission box.

3. APPROPRIATE SECTIONS:
    Make sure you use the appropriate section for your submission and please do not personalize submissions (for example they should not start with "I think", "we saw", etc). Here's a brief listing:

Episode Allusions
    is the section where you list episode title references or a pop culture mention in an episode. For title references please use the same format as listed below. Use an HTML break mark after the title.

Title: Third Aunt From the Sun

The title is a reference to NBC's show 3rd Rock From the Sun.

And if your episode allusion has to do with a quote, use the quote format to list the quote (by bolding the speaker's name, etc), leave a blank line and list your reference on the next line. Please use italics to list episode titles, film titles, book titles, TV series titles, etc.

Episode Notes are for off-camera tidbits about an episode. They should contain off-camera events that deal with a show's production, or ratings, and should not deal with on-camera events or trivia. Alternate episode titles and airdates (if it aired in another country before the originating country) are acceptable. Do not list "Nate Richert did not appear in this episode" for example - that is what the cast listings are for. Instead, you can uncheck her box in the Show Stars section of the particular episode. A good rule of thumb for determining what belongs in Notes is - if you didn't see it or hear it on screen in an episode it should go in notes.

Episode Trivia is for general trivia/facts on the episode, on-camera events, and also the correct section for goofs & nitpicks.

A good rule of thumb for determing what belongs in Trivia is - if you saw or heard it on screen in an episode it should go in trivia.

4. PROPER PUNCTUATION/GRAMMAR:
    Please use proper punctuation and grammar for every submission. However, I will edit submissions if necessary, for small errors, but if it's too filled with lots of errors or a continuous occurance, it will be rejected.

5. REJECTIONS:
    I will list in the Moderator Comments, the reason why your submission has been rejected. Please note that I won't just automatically reject something because you forgot a comma, I will edit some submissions and approve them nonetheless. But if there are several errors (grammatical or not) I may reject it, and then tell you why.

6. ADDING DIRECTORS, WRITERS & OTHER CREW:
    It's a tad confusing, but here's how to find the area to contribute crew info. On the episode's page you wish to add this info to, the main page is on the SUMMARY section. Click on the button listing CREDITS and then the next button that says WRITERS & DIRECTORS (or CREW, if it's not a writer or director you wish to add) and then click the ADD button. Follow the instructions listed from there onward.

7. ADDING NEW CAST & EDITING CHARACTER NAMES:
    To add cast listings to an episode you click on the CREDITS button, then click on ADD. There you can check or uncheck the boxes of the show's main stars, and it's recurring characters. Then use the Step 2 Guest-stars section (about halfway down the page) to add the guest-stars (follow the listed instructions there).

8. USER COMMENTS:
    Some people seem to be confused about this section. When you add a submission there's a mandatory section called the User Comments area. That section isn't for comments on the episode or the series in general, it's for comments about your submission. Basically the reason why your submission should be accepted. Usually it's a good idea to list your submission there as well, or some other notation for your own reference as to the submission, just in case it's rejected incorrectly. If it's for a deletion or correction, please use it to list your reasons why it should be deleted or corrected.

9. AIRDATES:
    TV.com lists the original airdates for episodes, meaning the first network to air the series and the airdates of the episodes on that network. Any other networks to pickup a series and air the episodes after do not get listed in the airdate section. However I will accept them in the NOTES section. Please note that this is why some episodes are called unaired despite airing on TV at some point - it means the original network did not air this episode. If it aired later, as stated above, you can submit it to the NOTES section.

Edited on 02/22/2009 1:13pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.